• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Godslay

Banned
Peyton handed the ball off a ton. #Freedom

Insider Buzz: Three NFL GMs Won't Sign Brent Grimes Because of Wife's Antics https://t.co/Rzeu24lzAZ via @bleacherreport

Remember that game winning TD run by CJ to beat the Patriots this year?

Kubes gave Oz enough freedom to check out of the play Kubes called to that run at the line.

So unless he wants full control at the line (which he won't get), he's full of shit and he had options at the line. Probably not as much as PM, but PM is PM. Brock was just starting out.

Respect

CdMlstvW4AAQVKb.jpg

Tomlin visiting with Dabo Swinney.

This profile view of him makes him look like a really slimmed down Rex Ryan.

Wes

venison crêpe
The consensus this morning is that we're tanking to stockpile draft picks and won't even take a QB at #2, instead trading down for more picks.

Even talk of trading Joe Thomas.

kaiju

I'd counter that while he played for Harbaugh, he played much better. He has to be a paired with a coach who can get the best out of him.

That is why I am shocked he wants to be traded. He could really excel in Chip's system. It really simplifies the offense, you don't have to audible, and with his ability to run/scramble, he would drive defenses nuts with the uptempo.

BUT since he does want to be traded, going to Denver makes sense. Great D and a better offensive mind who could cater to his abilities.

No doubt he played better under Harbaugh, but the downfall began in the 2014 season when they went 8-8 and Harbaugh was fired. He wasn't the same guy then, either. And hasn't been since. The old Kap didn't do this:

Kaepernick-Sack-05.0.gif

I'm willing to bet all that in-house drama with Harbaugh included him as well. He was one of the only guys that voiced their disapproval when Jim got fired, and began to go into his headphones only mode, short answer interviews, just take a sack by running into the pile, etc.

I can pretty much guarantee that that is why Kap wants to be traded. Jed's a stooge.

Farooq

Banned
What do you think about resigning Rolando McClain?

I don't mind the signing. Don't think they could get a better Mike for what they paid (even assuming he hits his incentives).

He was a mixed bag last year, especially in the run game with his fits early in the season. Got better as the season wore on, hopefully that was just rust from the suspension.

Curious to see what they do to address Sam.

Edit: You a fan of Weddle? You posted rumours about Weddle earlier and now Fish and Broad are saying something might happen.

Personally, I wouldn't sign him unless he accepts a below market offer. I could see Dallas upping their number if they get rid of Carr. They are interested in Nolan Carrol, who could work as a CB2.

SonnyBoy

That is why I am shocked he wants to be traded. He could really excel in Chip's system. It really simplifies the offense, you don't have to audible, and with his ability to run/scramble, he would drive defenses nuts with the uptempo.
Maybe this is more about Chips reputation and/or inability to relate to certain players coming into play.

4 years at 40 for Smith. Not bad I guessed 9 per.

Irvin is tweeting Weddle. Think he will be next. Not sure how much he's got left in the tank but as a leader and field general he's got some value.

The consensus this morning is that we're tanking to stockpile draft picks and won't even take a QB at #2, instead trading down for more picks.

Even talk of trading Joe Thomas.

NFLN this morning said that the Browns were not interested in roster building this FA period. Like what the fuck does that even mean? Why would a team not want to improve their roster during FA, you dont have to make big splashes but there are still little moves to make. It really does seem like the Browns are going to blow it up and start over.

SonnyBoy

NFLN this morning said that the Browns were not interested in roster building this FA period. Like what the fuck does that even mean? Why would a team not want to improve their roster during FA, you dont have to make big splashes but there are still little moves to make. It really does seem like the Browns are going to blow it up and start over.

FA lasts a long time. There may be future releases or "lesser" players that they'll target for the right price.

Hindl

I think that's exactly what they're doing. Blow up the whole thing, regain comp picks from FA, and let Hue build his team. I think they realize they aren't just a few pieces away, and their recent FO moves starting over

FA lasts a long time. There may be future releases or "lesser" players that they'll target for the right price.

That makes more sense I guess. Maybe it was just worded weirdly.

I think that's exactly what they're doing. Blow up the whole thing, regain comp picks from FA, and let Hue build his team. I think they realize they aren't just a few pieces away, and their recent FO moves starting over

I wonder how much rope Hue has if that nuke the roster and go 2-14, but have a ton of draft picks will Browns fans be patient.

Hindl

mike fisher ✭
‏@fishsports
ALERT: #NFLFreeAgency DL Cedric Thornton is 'in the building getting a physical' says @1053thefan @BryanBroaddus #Cowboys

Goddamnit I was hoping that he would go to Seattle

Wes

venison crêpe
That makes more sense I guess. Maybe it was just worded weirdly.

I wonder how much rope Hue has if that nuke the roster and go 2-14, but have a ton of draft picks will Browns fans be patient.

The other thing this tells me is that Haslam is likely going to give this front office a good 4 year window within which to work at least.

He's tried quick fixes and in his latest press conference he kind of held his hands up and knew he had to give someone a bunch of time. Happy it's Hue who was doing well at Raiders in a similar situation to us.

Farooq

Banned
Goddamnit I was hoping that he would go to Seattle

Hopefully Cowboys can get rid of fucking Goldencock (
Nick Hayden
). Please, let this happen. Cowboys need a 1-tech so bad. Fuck they don't need a 1-tech, they just need an excuse to move on from Hayden. Fuck Hayden.

Top Bottom