• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

Godslay

Banned
That's going to be a tough contract to match. I can't see them matching that. Good for CJ though. True heart of a champion, I always believed in him going back to the first time he touched the field against SF in that preseason game.

I'll miss you CJ!

Line_HTX

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL 3m3 minutes ago

Osweiler insists his late-season benching was “absolutely not” a factor. “Whatever’s best for the football team.”

Godslay was right. Whatever was best for the team at the time.

Well there you go.

Figured as much. I guess they knew what they were doing when they put that tender on him.

Good luck CJ.

Apparently as soon as Miami knew they were losing Miller they started working on something for CJ, we'll take good care of him Slay, I promise.

Contract Breakdown:

@MikeKlis
Sources: Dolphins offer sheet to CJ Anderson-4 yrs 18 million. 5.25 Mil Sign Bonus- 6 mill in 2016 3.5 mill in 2017 guar #9news #9aports

Godslay

Banned
Apparently as soon as Miami knew they were losing Miller they started working on something for CJ, we'll take good care of him Slay, I promise.

I'm happy for him.

Not the fastest or strongest back. Good vision and hard to tackle, decent pass blocker. Is also an okay receiver. If he can play a full 16 he'll have a great season.

Reading that it's not 100% that the Broncos won't match. I'll have to hear it from the Broncos themselves.

effzee

McLeod has more range so he'll probably be playing deep mostly with Jenkins going from being the second deep guy in Cover-2 looks, to playing the slot in nickel/dime, or up on the line as run support.

I still have hope they'll bring back one of Carroll or Thurmond, if not both. I also expect them to draft a CB early next month. Rowe, McKelvin, Brooks is a really underwhelming stable of starting CBs.

Unless the plan is to take Hargreaves at 8. Theye can't be completely sold on that, cause it isn't a given he lasts till 8, so I bet they like some corners in the later rounds as well.

I think they went with McLeod and the former Bills cause they are all rather physical players. That said I would have rather kept Caroll. He is a legit starter and could be even better on an improved D overall.

jbug617

Banned
looking at what happened with the Broncos, I hope the Pats will be able to lock up Collins, Hightower and Butler. I don't think I mind if Jones was the odd man out.

Duxxy3

looking at what happened with the Broncos, I hope the Pats will be able to lock up Collins, Hightower and Butler. I don't think I mind if Jones was the odd man out.

A second rounder and a fourth and I would trade Jones tomorrow.

Good pass rusher, but he disappears at times.

Godslay

Banned
Somehow, I feel that Denver's offense could end up be worse next year.

It would have to be pretty bad to be worse than it was this year.

Personally, I'm not too worried about it, it's getting a tear down from the looks of it.

Plenty of good pieces to build around.

No they didn't you realize we ain't getting no compensation back for this.

Sure they did. I understand the no comp. It's a way of saying that we like you, but if someone wants to pay you and we can't match it we are fine with letting you walk.

Miami did the negotiations for us essentially.

It would have to be pretty bad to be worse than it was this year.

Personally, I'm not too worried about it, it's getting a tear down from the looks of it.

Plenty of good pieces to build around.

They need to build an offensive line and they need a QB. This offense is the ideal output from utilizing the Matt Millen approach.

Dang lol
Broncos losing everyone except Von
c4jt321.png

Top Bottom