• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

CdOL8dNUUAE_xnS.jpg:large

Hmmmm

Godslay

Banned
They need to build an offensive line and they need a QB. This offense is the ideal output from utilizing the Matt Millen approach.

It's in overhaul mode (the offense), and some would argue rightfully so considering how janky it was last year.

We should have Clady, Garcia, Ty, Paradis, Stephenson, Schofield, to start with. We will add more through draft, as well as more potentially with FA. It will be rebuilt, and it's looking more scheme specific as we go. It was looking fine last year until people started dropping like flies. Ended up being good enough to win a SB.

The biggest question for me is who will be the QB. If we can land Kaep, then we'll have a good fit and the offense will be okay. If it's someone like Hoyer, then all bets are off. Ideally it would be Kaep, then you have to draft a guy as well. Siemian can compete in there.

It's easy to panic at this point, but I wouldn't. Lots of time to analyze and put it all together.

That's what I said yesterday.

Clear the books this year, tank for Little Mac, sign Luck in FA. It's all in the works.

Tank? Seriously? I guess expectations aren't high in Colorado. You've clearly got a team that could win the SB next year (or had at least..)

Fantomex

I'm happy for him.

Not the fastest or strongest back. Good vision and hard to tackle, decent pass blocker. Is also an okay receiver. If he can play a full 16 he'll have a great season.

Reading that it's not 100% that the Broncos won't match. I'll have to hear it from the Broncos themselves.

Hi Slay,

We will not be pursuing CJ Anderson at this time. We wish him the best. Thanks for your time.

Signed,
The Broncos

It's in overhaul mode (the offense), and some would argue rightfully so considering how janky it was last year.

We should have Clady, Garcia, Ty, Paradis, Stephenson, Schofield, to start with. We will add more through draft, as well as more potentially with FA. It will be rebuilt, and it's looking more scheme specific as we go. It was looking fine last year until people started dropping like flies. Ended up being good enough to win a SB.

The biggest question for me is who will be the QB. If we can land Kaep, then we'll have a good fit and the offense will be okay. If it's someone like Hoyer, then all bets are off. Ideally it would be Kaep, then you have to draft a guy as well. Siemian can compete in there.

It's easy to panic at this point, but I wouldn't. Lots of time to analyze and put it all together.

I mean, the Broncos need a running back, quarter back, better offensive line, more defensive linemen, more linebackers and, if they truly want to run this offense the right way, a full back.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Browns have lost another free agent, this time special teams standout Johnson Bademosi, who reached agreement on 2-year deal with Lions.

This is kinda shocking though, not like he'd cost much and he's been solid for us.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago
Browns have lost another free agent, this time special teams standout Johnson Bademosi, who reached agreement on 2-year deal with Lions.

Lol Schefter might not be wrong after all.

Godslay

Banned
I mean, the Broncos need a running back, quarter back, better offensive line, more defensive linemen, more linebackers and, if they truly want to run this offense the right way, a full back.

QB - Kaep and a draft pick, with Siemian.

RB - CJ (if they match), Bibbs, Thompson, lower round draft pick.

OL - Depending on what they do (in order of position), Clady, Ty, Garcia, Scho/Draft pick, Stephenson. Fill with depth via FA or draft, Paradis could be shuffled in there somewhere.

At LB, Danny T will be replaced by Todd Davis, Zaire Anderson will be in that mix. Could be filled with draft or FA as well.

Anunike will be back, so the depth at the DL isn't exactly in shambles. We could add some guys as well.

We've got some holes, but they can be fixed. We've got plenty of draft picks stocked up too, we are sitting on 10 of them at the moment.

Did you not see the signature?

Need to see the hoof print.

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 9m9 minutes ago
While the Broncos try to close the Kaepernick trade, they're formulating backup plans. Have been in touch with agent for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fuck this we go from Peyton Manning to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

QB - Kaep and a draft pick, with Siemian.

RB - CJ (if they match), Bibbs, Thompson, lower round draft pick.

OL - Depending on what they do (in order of position), Clady, Ty, Garcia, Scho/Draft pick, Stephenson. Fill with depth via FA or draft, Paradis could be shuffled in there somewhere.

At LB, Danny T will be replaced by Todd Davis, Zaire Anderson will be in that mix. Could be filled with draft or FA as well.

Anunike will be back, so the depth at the DL isn't exactly in shambles. We could add some guys as well.

We've got some holes, but they can be fixed. We've got plenty of draft picks stocked up too, we are sitting on 10 of them at the moment.

I get it. They still have talent. They can replace Malik with multiple players but I was mostly thinking about needing new linebackers for special teams. I'm just a little concerned because they are losing players that were key to the Broncos' Super Bowl run. That doesn't mean that they can't be replaced but for now it looks like Elway is going to build through the draft for the foreseeable future. I'd feel much MUCH better if Denver can sign Von to a long term deal.

manfestival

I wonder if the bucs will manage to pick up any effective pass rushers. It seems like everyone is taken and the bucs need it badly. So another year on weak pass rush... yay

Godslay

Banned
I get it. They still have talent. They can replace Malik with multiple players but I was mostly thinking about needing new linebackers for special teams. I'm just a little concerned because they are losing players that were key to the Broncos' Super Bowl run. That doesn't mean that they can't be replaced but for now it looks like Elway is going to build through the draft for the foreseeable future. I'd feel much MUCH better if Denver can sign Von to a long term deal.

They still have a stack of LBs waiting in the wings.

T. Davis, Z. Anderson, Corey Nelson. In addition to the guys we already know in Barrett, Miller, Ware, Marshall, Ray, etc. All with different roles of course, but the depth is there.

They also added Phil Taylor so that's additional depth on the DL in addition to Anunike. As well entering a strong draft for DL from what I've read.

The D should regress, but it won't be for lack of talent.

Elway has been decent at the draft. Some misses of course, but some major hits as well. Right now it looks a bit shabby, but let's reevaluate after the draft. If we are going to trust Elway, I think the best time to do it is directly after winning a SB.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Serious question: have the Browns signed anyone? I know they have lost quite a few players.

We signed a kick returner before the "year" started Montrest or something close to that spelling.

Last year we also went like a week before we signed anyone though as well.

Top Bottom