• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

squicken

If Zeke is another Tomlinson then it's certainly okay to take him in the top 10. But the guy I really am interested in is Braxton. I love that he switched positions and committed himself to being as good as he could be. If the guy has great athleticism, a great work ethic, then draft him high. Getting production is why you have coaches. I just hope he goes somewhere besides LA. The Rams haven't developed a WR since Torrey Holt

If Zeke is another Tomlinson then it's certainly okay to take him in the top 10. But the guy I really am interested in is Braxton. I love that he switched positions and committed himself to being as good as he could be. If the guy has great athleticism, a great work ethic, then draft him high. Getting production is why you have coaches. I just hope he goes somewhere besides LA. The Rams haven't developed a WR since Torrey Holt

I'm worried he may just end up being a gadget player. Don't think I'd take him higher than the 4th.

On Braxton, the hype for him got really big during the senior bowl. I was actually pretty surprised ppl were talking about him 1st/2nd. Hype has died down now, and I think the earliest you even consider him probably starts in the 3rd. He has many things to like about him, but he's still has a lot to learn at Wr. he progressed a good amount from what I saw from the season to the senior bowl practices though.

Happy for him, pretty amazing that he's been able to get himself into some of these draft conversations

On Braxton, the hype for him got really big during the senior bowl. I was actually pretty surprised ppl were talking about him 1st/2nd. Hype has died down now, and I think the earliest you even consider him probably starts in the 3rd. He has many things to like about him, but he's still has a lot to learn at Wr. he progressed a good amount from what I saw from the season to the senior bowl practices though.

Happy for him, pretty amazing that he's been able to get himself into some of these draft conversations

So true. He'll be a great Steeler.

Eleuin

Really strange about Tunsil. I read some things that people worry about his love of football, and that he was named by that Ole Miss guy who fell out a window as in the room smoking with him. But to not be the first drafted tackle after all the hype would be strange
I swear these pundits have just grown tired of talking about these can't miss prospects, so they downplay them after a while. Whether that be by hyping up someone new or just knocking the player for really arbitrary reasons, they always slide and teams follow suit.

Can't really point out many examples but it always feels that way

One more day until Ramsey or Zeke, does Dallas take the most athletic player and play him next to Byron Jones or do we take the complete package at RB to make our offense a juggernaut again? I can't wait, Thursday come faster dammit

Our offense is a juggernaut with Romo + McFadden/Morris already. We need better talent on defense or we won't win a championship. I think that if Ramsey is taken, there will be some teams willing to swap picks to snag Tunsil/whoever.

No way is Zeke another Tomlinson. Leonard Fournette is the only guy I've seen since Peterson that even comes close.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago
NFL does not see any need to reopen any settlement talks with Tom Brady and the NFLPA, per league source. NFL... http://fb.me/77ALgHd7I

rest from link:

NFL does not see any need to reopen any settlement talks with Tom Brady and the NFLPA, per league source. NFL believes neither NFLPA nor anyone from Brady's camp has provided any rationale for settlement discussions. The league believes the time for those talks has come and gone, after the two sides had discussed a settlement last summer.

Pepoope pls

Dude had a 1000+ yard season last year, was 4th in the league in rushing I believe. And teams weren't exactly playing prevent defense against us. All things considered he had a good year. I forgot to add Lance Dunbar in that mix too, he's a crucial part of our short passing game that the Cowboys didn't have last year.

I'm not saying he's an elite RB, but when you have such a good line and an elite QB you don't have to be.

I think if we did draft Zeke the thing I would value most with him is his blocking, if he can pick up the scheme quickly.

Dude had a 1000+ yard season last year, was 4th in the league in rushing I believe. And teams weren't exactly playing prevent defense against us. All things considered he had a good year. I forgot to add Lance Dunbar in that mix too, he's a crucial part of our short passing game that the Cowboys didn't have last year.

I'm not saying he's an elite RB, but when you have such a good line and an elite QB you don't have to be.

I think if we did draft Zeke the thing I would value most with him is his blocking, if he can pick up the scheme quickly.

You're in the same situation as Miami (In that RB isn't a need), you have so many other more important positions to fill first (On defense just like Miami!), I get that he's a great prospect but sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

You're in the same situation as Miami (In that RB isn't a need), you have so many other more important positions to fill first (On defense just like Miami!), I get that he's a great prospect but sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

And we'd be in a similar situation to the Eagles (way less $$$, of course) in that we brought in depth at RB in free agency already. If we hadn't brought in Alfred Morris already, it would make a little more sense.

From what I've read this is a deep draft for defensive players. The more picks you grab, the better chance you have to hit.

And we'd be in a similar situation to the Eagles (way less $$$, of course) in that we brought in depth at RB in free agency already. If we hadn't brought in Alfred Morris already, it would make a little more sense.

From what I've read this is a deep draft for defensive players. The more picks you grab, the better chance you have to hit.

Yup it is, I hope Miami goes defense for at least the first 3 rounds, get a RB in the 4th/5th if you must but we still need some guards/tackles too, so I'm ok if they just skip RB this draft.

Ummmm.. No. Are you calling them sexy mutha fuckers?

SMH can't believe you missed the majesty that was
8l3X57y.png

And let's never forget the beginning of the descent of Johnny, which was hard on us all including Billy Ghost
0DGJKDf.jpg

MRSA

Banned

Almost any RB can get 1000 yards behind that o-line. Broken ass McFadden did it in what? 12 games? Actually I would say last year was the worst year for the running game. McFadden is actually a complete RB, he's just old and busted, he ran too violently for his own good.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Working downtown Chicago has it's perks, a lot of them actually. To get the city in a frenzy, they have team banners everywhere. I'm a devout Lions fan so I'm excited about being disappointed tomorrow. It's cold as hell. However, the draft picks are walking around the city so as a bonus, I got a selfie with Ezekiel Elliott from Ohio State.
ftt8LUc.jpg

AJePoT0.jpg

RBH

Working downtown Chicago has it's perks, a lot of them actually. To get the city in a frenzy, they have team banners everywhere. I'm a devout Lions fan so I'm excited about being disappointed tomorrow. It's cold as hell. However, the draft picks are walking around the city so as a bonus, I got a selfie with Ezekiel Elliott from Ohio State.
http://i.imgur.com/ftt8LUc.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/AJePoT0.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Nice, good stuff man. I was actually in Chicago this past weekend. Wish I was able to stay for the 1st round at least.

Almost any RB can get 1000 yards behind that o-line. Broken ass McFadden did it in what? 12 games? Actually I would say last year was the worst year for the running game. McFadden is actually a complete RB, he's just old and busted, he ran too violently for his own good.

Exactly. Last year, the Cowboys were without Tony Romo obviously, but also Dez Bryant for a good chunk and Lance Dunbar, who is our speed/short pass guy.

The rest of the receivers had zero chemistry with our back-ups. Terrance Williams went from a legit #2 to a ghost. Cole Beasley basically disappeared, and even Dez Bryant when he was healthy had a terrible season.

Alfred Morris might be busted but he's not old, there's a legit chance for career rejuvenation. I could be completely wrong, but I was really impressed watching him on the Redskins and you couldn't ask for a better situation than the one he is in.

That is awesome! And that hat is fucking sweet I have to say

MRSA

Banned
Exactly. Last year, the Cowboys were without Tony Romo obviously, but also Dez Bryant for a good chunk and Lance Dunbar, who is our speed/short pass guy.

The rest of the receivers had zero chemistry with our back-ups. Terrance Williams went from a legit #2 to a ghost. Cole Beasley basically disappeared, and even Dez Bryant when he was healthy had a terrible season.

Alfred Morris might be busted but he's not old, there's a legit chance for career rejuvenation. I could be completely wrong, but I was really impressed watching him on the Redskins and you couldn't ask for a better situation than the one he is in.

Morris was a zone runner, fit the system perfectly in Washington. Dez honestly just didn't seem like he gave a fuck after Romo went down and he got paid.

Tom Nook

ftt8LUc.jpg

AJePoT0.jpg

Nice.

Too bad he's probably going to Cleveland. :(

Morris was a zone runner, fit the system perfectly in Washington. Dez honestly just didn't seem like he gave a fuck after Romo went down and he got paid.

zjXu03W.gif

I wouldn't say he didn't give a fuck, he was just frustrated. He's not the kind of guy to quit after being paid, his ego is too big (for better or worse).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
ftt8LUc.jpg

AJePoT0.jpg

Nice! That's pretty awesome

So many quarterbacks....really?

WedgeX

Banned
ftt8LUc.jpg

AJePoT0.jpg

That's awesome, man.

Fantomex

ftt8LUc.jpg

AJePoT0.jpg

Dope post.

Braxton could develop into the steal of the draft. He has all the athleticism and he was more effective than expected considering he switched only a few months ago.

Good coaching can make him a solid player.

squicken

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ruggling-offensive-line-has-company/83558326/

“It’s extremely hard to get young linemen better,” said Arians, the Arizona Cardinals coach. “They’re not getting any better because they don’t ever get to practice football. And they’re not getting any better practicing soccer. Since we’ve made the (practice) rule changes, the quality of the athlete has gone way up, and the quality of the football has gone way down.”

Then there’s this from Packers coach Mike McCarthy, whose team allowed 47 sacks last season, fifth most in the NFL: “I think there are definitely trends that run through our league. And you can definitely make the case that the 'D' line is ahead of the 'O' line if you look across the league.”

“Twenty-one year olds, it’s just really tough for them to adjust to the league, let alone go out there against grown a-- men and play on the line of scrimmage, never practicing,” he said. “When we draft them, they just go through the entire spring without pads just doing stupid a-- drills that don’t get them any better.”

Gonna have to change the rules to help pass protection soon

MRSA

Banned
Braxton Miller will look great in silver and black when he gets drafted in the 5th round by the Oakland Raiders.

Cooper, Crabtree, and Miller as WRs

This makes me hard.

squicken

Yeah, LJ and Farooq mentioned it yesterday, but Pete and John also said in their press conference that the OL coming out of college don't have what they're looking for a lot of the time - explosiveness off the ball, etc. - which is why they keep converting DL.

I've said for two years what people consider a decline in quality of play, is 90% a decline in OL play. People blame tackling, but good teams still tackle well. Everybody has worse play on the OL. Some just stay healthier than others

Why the fuck wasn't Hackenberg mocked to the Browns?

I will kick many asses if Leonard Floyd gets drafted to the Raiders at 14.

I wouldn't mind it, but I'm 75% sure Reggie is gonna trade down to some team that wants a QB and then take Karl Joseph or Keanu Neal.

Top Bottom