• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
http://nfltraderumors.co/150375-2/

Tony Pauline of WalterFootball.com provides the consensus from his sources regarding how they expect the first eight picks to play out:

Los Angeles Rams- Jared Goff
Philadelphia Eagles- Carson Wentz
San Diego Chargers- DeForest Buckner
Dallas Cowboys- Jalen Ramsey
Jacksonville Jaguars- Myles Jack
Baltimore Ravens- Laremy Tunsil
San Francisco 49ers- Ronnie Stanley
Cleveland Browns- Joey Bosa

If the first 8 fall that way and the hub bub about Tampa Bay being high on Floyd and they ended up taking him at 9...I'm really curious to see what Reese does at 10. Zeke and Jack Conklin are sitting there and the player he likely wanted is off the board.......hmmmm. My guess is he gets his RT of the future.

MechDX

If the first 8 fall that way and the hub bub about Tampa Bay being high on Floyd and they ended up taking him at 9...I'm really curious to see what Reese does at 10. Zeke is sitting there and the player he likely wanted is off the board.......hmmmm

Zeke would be a great weapon for Eli. The talk here form some people about not taking him in the first is nonsense. He is a true 3 down back which is not easy to find.

Zeke would be a great weapon for Eli. The talk here form some people about not taking him in the first is nonsense. He is a true 3 down back which is not easy to find.

Drax and I have been vocal in being very much OK with the Giants taking him at 10.:)

Trade down scenario could happen there, too. Though Reese generally doesn't do that but with only 6 picks and plenty of holes to fill? The Titans could trade up as they have plenty of picks. The Giants could move back and go for Treadwell in the middle of the first round. Reese will get his #2 receiver and insurance if Victor doesn't make it back all of the way.

MechDX

Buckner at #3 would be a surprise, correct?

Not really, they need the help but right now no one sees to have any real idea what SD will do. Which is probably how SD wants it

Drax and I have been vocal in being very much OK with the Giants taking him at 10.:)

Trade down scenario could happen there, too. Though Reese generally doesn't do that but with only 6 picks and plenty of holes to fill? The Titans could trade up as they have plenty of picks. The Giants could move back and go for Treadwell.

Ive watched enough Arian Foster over the years to see how valuable a good, versatile RB can be to a QB. Why Chris dont want him in the first to Miami just shocks me. He would be Tannehills best friend back there

Euron

If the first 8 fall that way and the hub bub about Tampa Bay being high on Floyd and they ended up taking him at 9...I'm really curious to see what Reese does at 10. Zeke and Jack Conklin are sitting there and the player he likely wanted is off the board.......hmmmm. My guess is he gets his RT of the future.
In that case I'm on the Elliot bandwagon. What happens to our run game if Jennings gets injured? I've been thinking we could hold out another year since next year's draft has a lot of depth at RB but Elliot really is the complete package and can help our defense out by eating time off the clock.

Conklin I'd be good with if we traded down with the Titans to get him.

squicken

Before Floy goes crazy I would like to say it's apparent that no body knows what the Browns are gonna do in the national media.

But in all honesty I wouldn't mind sir Connor at some point! After my Wr of course.
Hue likes him I believe!

You, me, and some national folks have put Hew on Cook so seems like some smoke or some quality smokescreen there

In that case I'm on the Elliot bandwagon. What happens to our run game if Jennings gets injured? .

Andre "2 yards a carry" Williams gonna burst through that wall like...

raw

EDIT: Hargreaves would be a nice consolation prize at 10 as well, by the way! We have absolutely nothing behind DRC/Jenkins/Wade right now. We have Mykkel Thompson playing the slot at the moment in camp and DRC isn't getting any younger.

squicken

Everyone's sick of the Bradford talk, but Peter King did a good job summarizing my thoughts:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/27/...ng-sam-bradford-philadelphia-eagles-nfl-draft

lol

Bradford has been tabbed the starter. He already is the 2016 starter. His beef is 2017 and beyond. The Eagles don't want him but have gutted the team's ability to be good in 2016. What is there to play for in 2016 for the Eagles? The Browns could have the first two picks in the draft next year

Euron

Andre "2 yards a carry" Williams gonna burst through that wall like...

EDIT: Hargreaves would be a nice consolation prize at 10 as well, by the way! We have absolutely nothing behind DRC/Jenkins/Wade right now. We have Mykkel Thompson playing the slot at the moment in camp and DRC isn't getting any younger.
Andre is the Marshall Newhouse of Running Backs.

I feel like Zeke would be much more of an impact this season than VH3. Same with Conklin. Plus last CB rumor I saw said that they apparently like Rashard Robinson at CB and believe they can get him in a middle round. Still a great player and would assure great CB depth in the future.

Funny thing is read that Darkwa is sitting out the camp with a fractured tibia if that has an impact on anything. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/04/orleans_darkwa_being_held_out_of_minicamp_with_leg.html
well this confirms it

#ZekeTrain

lol

Bradford has been tabbed the starter. He already is the 2016 starter. His beef is 2017 and beyond. The Eagles don't want him but have gutted the team's ability to be good in 2016. What is there to play for in 2016 for the Eagles? The Browns could have the first two picks in the draft next year
:)

Yes we could. Part of me hopes for the Leonard Fournette/Watson or Kaaya combo..

But the other part of me.. Take one of those hopefully top 5 picks.. And trade it down again for more picks again. It is perfect to do that and adding resources.

effzee

lol

Exactly. It's not like he is worried about losing out to Chase or Wentz.

But he was promised a chance to be the long term QB but now resources they could have used to help him have been dealt for Wentz.

This isn't about what he has or hasn't proved or what money he is making. It's about Howie trying to be competitive this season while also hoarding QBs which you can't do without giving up a lot.

Much better plan would have been to trade back or wait till the 3rd round to get a developmental guy. Or you know don't bring back Bradford.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ads-to-cleveland-for-bieber-concert/#comments

Different people react differently to being indicted by a grand jury.

For former Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel, the low point in his legal life cycle was commemorated by a trip to Cleveland for a Justin Bieber concert, according to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Photos of Manziel, wearing a black baseball cap with script “Ohio” in white, appeared online last night. He was photographed with Browns cornerback Joe Haden and with Bieber.

A Beiber concert? Why? And why in the hell is Joe Haden hanging out with him AT a Bieber concert??

lol

Eagles number 1 pick overall, but where is the number 2 picking coming from? Browns going 8-8 bruh! Unless we get another 2017 first tomorrow?!

Wes

venison crêpe
One scout says Eli Apple has no life skills. Doesn't know how to cook.

Also Rap says teams have called Browns about trading up to 8 for Zeke.

(Read: Browns want Zeke to go before them so their guy has better chance of falling)

Godslay

Banned
One scout says Eli Apple has no life skills. Doesn't know how to cook.

Also Rap says teams have called Browns about trading up to 8 for Zeke.

(Read: Browns want Zeke to go before them so their guy has better chance of falling)

That's not uncommon.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 22m22 minutes ago
Trade spot to watch: #Browns at No. 8. They've been having discussions with teams behind them who would want to come up for Ezekiel Elliott

Fins looking to make that move for Zeke.

Ive watched enough Arian Foster over the years to see how valuable a good, versatile RB can be to a QB. Why Chris dont want him in the first to Miami just shocks me. He would be Tannehills best friend back there

I mean...if I haven't made it clear yet...

1. We have far more pressing needs in other areas, before we even address the RB we need 2 CBs, a LB, a DE, DT, and two Guards.

2. You want to help Tannehill? Get him a fucken Oline, without an Oline I don't care what you have at RB it's not going to work,

3. We could have had a RB if Miami didn't cheap out on Miller and now we are going to waste draft picks to move up for a RB? With all the holes we have on defense alone? That's just stupid and wasteful, get a RB in day 3, we'll be fine.

4. Jay is good enough to be our star running back, if he was in this draft he'd be the 2nd or 3rd best back

That's why trading up for a RB would be stupid and why I'm against it, just like I was against getting Suh, one player isn't going to fix this team we need several starting quality players and we need them on defense. If Miami takes him at 13 I'd be less upset but it's still a stupid move, this isn't rocket science.

MechDX

1. We have far more pressing needs in other areas, before we even address the RB we need 2 CBs, a LB, a DE, DT, and two Guards.

2. You want to help Tannehill? Get him a fucken Oline, without an Oline I don't care what you have at RB it's not going to work,

3. We could have had a RB if Miami didn't cheap out on Miller and now we are going to waste draft picks to move up for a RB? With all the holes we have on defense alone? That's just stupid and wasteful, get a RB in day 3, we'll be fine.

4. Jay is good enough to be our star running back, if he was in this draft he'd be the 2nd or 3rd best back

That's why trading up for a RB would be stupid and why I'm against it, just like I was against getting Suh, one player isn't going to fix this team we need several starting quality players and we need them on defense. If Miami takes him at 13 I'd be less upset but it's still a stupid move, this isn't rocket science.

A really good RB can help in all those areas.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
As defending champ, I have just filled in my initial mock-draft.

HAVE YOU?!

NEOGAF 2016 DRAFT PREDICTION GAME!

http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/1107

Our annual prediction game!

Password is: Tacobell

*Note Shirtless Members must participate, since we will determine our draft order by score in the draft!

Send me a pm with the info, I keep forgetting to do this.

I'll do mine when I get home from work tonight.

Yup, Miami found an already great RB in the third round before. Wasting a first round pick to replace him, especially if they trade up, would be stupid even for this FO.

In today's NFL, you don't use a top 10 pick on a RB unless they're like the next coming of Adrian Peterson. You can find good runningbacks later in the draft.

Yup, Miami found an already great RB in the third round before. Wasting a first round pick to replace him, especially if they trade up, would be stupid even for this FO.

In today's NFL, you don't use a top 10 pick on a RB unless they're like the next coming of Adrian Peterson. You can find good runningbacks later in the draft.

Yup

A really good RB can help in all those areas.

I mean if he can play CB/DE/LB then I'm all for it.

MechDX

Yup

I mean if he can play CB/DE/LB then I'm all for it.

RB runs ball, extends drives keeps defense off field
RB protects young QB by adding ground threat and pass protection
RB makes opposing offense change gameplan to compensate which helps defense

For all the love everyone keeps giving "great defense wins the Super Bowl the last few years" everyone overlooks those teams had pretty damn good running games. Zeke is that rare complete package at RB.

Later round guys can do one or two things good but are bad to mediocre at the others.

RB runs ball, extends drives keeps defense off field
RB protects young QB by adding ground threat and pass protection
RB makes opposing offense change gameplan to compensate which helps defense

For all the love everyone keeps giving "great defense wins the Super Bowl the last few years" everyone overlooks those teams had pretty damn good running games. Zeke is that rare complete package at RB.

Later round guys can do one or two things good but are bad to mediocre at the others.

And you still need an oline to make that RB work and you still need to field a Defense, we have massive holes on defense, we need a ton of players just to be competent, we have Wake/Suh/Jones that are good established players and that's it, we literally have nobody else. Alonso/Maxwell/Jenkins/Misi/Willams are all giant question marks and oh yeah we also need depth at those positions because 3 of those players are injury risks, not to mention the needs on Oline too (Pouncey/Albert are always injured too) You're never going to convince me that trading up for Zeke is a good idea for Miami with the current roster, if this had been 4 years ago when we still had a good defense then hell yeah but now? Hell no.

It's going to take at least another solid draft to shore up that defense, there isn't even any good LBs this draft that we can take in the later rounds and that's a major need, it would have to be address next year, same with CB, we need two of them and I very much doubt we are getting two starting CBs in the same draft.

Looks like I have more reasons to go watch Keanu now than just its selling point, Chris.

Heh heh heh

?

Miami is fairly predictable as a a franchise. They'll take the shiniest object in the box, regardless of cost.

Pretty much.... ;_;

MechDX

Lance knows something:

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 19h19 hours ago
@LPdogLJhookem he's not going Texans. Either is doctson. Everything is fine.

"He" = Will Fuller
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 15h15 hours ago
@theboyfonz i think it's just 50-50 at WR there.

Lance ZierleinVerified account
‏@LanceZierlein
@theboyfonz DE, S, TE, WR, C

Another Texans blogger I follow also mentioned this morning the pick is swinging towards DE at 22

Top Bottom