• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey Bead

coopered.0.gif

Why you trying to trigger his Madden PTSD? Leave my boy alone!

Hunter S.

This one is for Dutch. Shirtless Von should get you hard? Right?

1459816778000_us_abc_320.jpg

Von still on the show... Apparently, kicking ass in all conceivable ways.

Working downtown Chicago has it's perks, a lot of them actually. To get the city in a frenzy, they have team banners everywhere. I'm a devout Lions fan so I'm excited about being disappointed tomorrow. It's cold as hell. However, the draft picks are walking around the city so as a bonus, I got a selfie with Ezekiel Elliott from Ohio State.
http://i.imgur.com/ftt8LUc.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/AJePoT0.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Awesome stuff. Hope you have a wonderful time following the draft, no matter what, friend :]

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
He's been mocked to us quite a bit. Is his stock falling or something?

He's bad at the things the Steelers most covet. Espn mocked him there and then wrote the following, which summarizes him pretty well.

CB Eli Apple to the Pittsburgh Steelers
Pick: No. 25

This one has as much to do with the scheme as it does the player. Apple may be the best corner in the class when playing tight press-man coverage, even if he gets a little too physical at times. His strength in man coverage is a perfect fit for a number of teams -- the Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets andArizona Cardinals come to mind -- but Pittsburgh's zone-heavy system is not a good use of the former Ohio State star's talents. His struggles come when asked to play in space, and with Pittsburgh playing the most zone coverage in the league (more than 78 percent of snaps), Apple's weaknesses would be accentuated. Whether it's his blown coverages or his 19 missed tackles on only 90 attempts the past two years, Apple would not do his best work in a zone scheme. Pittsburgh is a bad fit.

Hindl

Just saw all the Nintendo news from the day

...why does every gaming thing I'm a fan of gotta hurt me for being a fan :'0 pls

Nintendo needs to do a full reset. It'll suck for this year, but this is probably what's required for them to start succeeding again.

Bitanator

zjXu03W.gif

I wouldn't say he didn't give a fuck, he was just frustrated. He's not the kind of guy to quit after being paid, his ego is too big (for better or worse).

Dez also lost a step, lost that competitive aggression that made him a elite option. He was never healthy last year, was a mistake for him to come back at all. I do not think he gave up ever though, watch the tape of him and how many times the QB does not look his way when open or overthrows him, Cassell was the most pathetic I've this seen this offense tick since the 5-11 years

MechDX

NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors 7m7 minutes ago
Myles Jack Admits He May Need Microfracture Surgery At Some Point http://bit.ly/1SQKwwB
#NFLDraft

As I said before: just like Clowney. Takes 12-16 months for full recovery. Clowney started showing his burst again the second half of last season

Clowney played on his and it got worse. Better to not be drafted, have the surgery and re-enter next years draft.

Now if I ran a team with a lot of 6/7th round comp picks I would spend one on him and just tell him have the procedure done now.
I agree. He is good enough to spend the pick.

If he falls to the second or third somehow.. I think I would be okay with drafting him and sitting for the season.

Hindl

Clowney played on his and it got worse. Better to not be drafted, have the surgery and re-enter next years draft.

Now if I ran a team with a lot of 6/7th round comp picks I would spend one on him and just tell him have the procedure done now.

Shit I'd spend a 5th on him (no 4th ;_;). Players drafted there are so hit and miss anyway that I'd gladly spend that on him and redshirt him

Top Bottom