• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Me being nice.
fjFP052.gif

Mayock has Raiders taking Jack at 14. Vic Tafur, doesn't think Raiders will pass on him if he's there.

Man, I'd be pretty happy
at least until his knee blows out.

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 1m1 minute ago

Remind me, isn’t Myles Jack a #Raiders fan?

Wonder if he released that statement hoping to fall to us.

MRSA

Banned
Mayock has Raiders taking Jack at 14. Vic Tafur, doesn't think Raiders will pass on him if he's there.

Man, I'd be pretty happy

If we can't trade back and Conklin is there, I'd be more than happy with him. We need to start grooming some tackles. If Watson can stay healthy maybe he can do something good, he looked good last year until he blew out his achilles.

Fantomex

Man, I'd be pretty happy

Wonder if he released that statement hoping to fall to us.

That's a scary Defense honestly. Those 2 LBs are a nightmare even if you have an elite running back going at them.

It will be difficult finding the time to root for them in between rooting for My Panthers, My Packers, My Colts, My Giants, My Chargers, and My Saskatchewan Roughriders, but we'll see what we can do.

You always welcome at the Ramscave fam

Don't see how that Raiders to Vegas next week rumor could be true.
Supposedly he is announcing it like this to pressure the league. Rather then get approval before the announcement he is saying "I am going and you can't stop me." It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Godslay

Banned
Is Elway using Philly for leverage with SF? Is SF using Denver for leverage with Cleveland?

I thought Bradford's money was prohibitive. With Philly eating that money it's a deal that makes sense for the Broncos if they can get him for what they would have paid for Kaep in terms of draft picks.

The more options that are there, the value declines. So that hurts SF and Philly if they are actually trying to move either player.

Hey all you QB needy teams who are looking at Kap, Lynch, Fitzpatrick, Bradoford, etc.

Why no interest in Mike Glennon? He's been pretty solid when he's played. What is this dude worth?

Donks would be better off starting buttfumble and drafting a rook.

I think Elway is just trying to use Bradford as leverage and Baalke isn't biting. Really don't think Bradford is a scheme fit for Kubes, plus he's bitch made, doubt he'd get much respect in that locker room.

gutshot

Donks would be better off starting buttfumble and drafting a rook.

I think Elway is just trying to use Bradford as leverage and Baalke isn't biting. Really don't think Bradford is a scheme fit for Kubes, plus he's bitch made, doubt he'd get much respect in that locker room.

He is actually very well liked in the Eagles locker room. But this whole trade demand stunt may have screwed him over as far as locker room respect goes, both here and wherever else he may end up.

Pepiope

I'm imagining Philly with Chase Daniel at the helm, and seeing a bright future for the Browns.
I'd give it like 6 weeks before Wentz takes over.

I like that they'll let him sit a bit. Let him learn the playbook without the pressure of having to play, and let the defense mesh as a unit in a new system for a bit before throwing him out there to lead us to the promise land.

effzee

How reliable is this guy? And nothing there says anything more than they talked.

Eagles probably asking for too much and Broncos not willing to part with more than a 3rd at best.

I think Bradford stays and opens week 1. Won't be pretty and I doubt it works out how Howie envisions. Wentz sees playing time the last 2 games since they will be out of contention.

Hindl

I'd give it like 6 weeks before Wentz takes over.

I like that they'll let him sit a bit. Let him learn the playbook without the pressure of having to play, and let the defense mesh as a unit in a new system for a bit before throwing him out there to lead us to the promise land.

I'm gonna be very worried if Wentz starts this year. I just don't feel like his mechanics will be nearly ready this year, and a rough start could hurt his development

Godslay

Banned
Hey all you QB needy teams who are looking at Kap, Lynch, Fitzpatrick, Bradoford, etc.

Why no interest in Mike Glennon? He's been pretty solid when he's played. What is this dude worth?

Apparently TB wants too much.

Our defense will go soft because of Bradford. Can't even breathe on him or he will get hurt.

Maybe. Depends on what version of Bradford a team would get. Could turn to dust or play well like 2nd half.

How reliable is this guy? And nothing there says anything more than they talked.

Eagles probably asking for too much and Broncos not willing to part with more than a 3rd at best.

I think Bradford stays and opens week 1. Won't be pretty and I doubt it works out how Howie envisions. Wentz sees playing time the last 2 games since they will be out of contention.

Klis is pretty reliable. He's an old guy with deep connections to the Broncos. Wouldn't have posted it if it was some slapdick.

Pepiope

I'm gonna be very worried if Wentz starts this year. I just don't feel like his mechanics will be nearly ready this year, and a rough start could hurt his development
He has 3 former QBs helping him out. I'm sure they won't rush him out there. Quite excited to see how they handle this situation.

With their draft order a Broncos 2nd is essentially a 3rd round pick! Believe!

That would be awesome though.

Pepiope

Savage thinks the deal goes down tomorrow

http://gioandjones.radio.cbssports....s-traded-tomorrow/?cid=twitter_CBSSportsRadio

Edit: Or Friday, per his tweet

Phil Savage ‏@SeniorBowlPhil 4h4 hours ago
.@CBSSportsRadio Or Friday.

effzee

Apparently TB wants too much.

Maybe. Depends on what version of Bradford a team would get. Could turn to dust or play well like 2nd half.

Klis is pretty reliable. He's an old guy with deep connections to the Broncos. Wouldn't have posted it if it was some slapdick.

Benjamin Allbright doesn't seem to think anything will come out of it. I think he is plugged in with the Broncos and now does a radio spot in Philly as well (after joining CBS). Says Broncos calls price was too high and nothing else to report.

He also thinks a team will have to move up to before #7 for Lynch. That would be madness. Is SF taking Lynch at 7? Well then that means Kaep would have to be traded at some point. And who would be willing to move up to #6 for Lynch?

This draft might be crazy with all teams over reaching for average QBs.

Hindl

He has 3 former QBs helping him out. I'm sure they won't rush him out there. Quite excited to see how they handle this situation.

So am I, and I brought the 3 QBs thing up in the Draft thread. I have high hopes for him, I'm just not sure he'll be ready this year. 2017 I'm all in though. I could see starting him late in the year when we're eliminated from the playoffs too I guess.

Here's a pretty good article breaking down all of Wentz's strengths and flaws. I just am not sure everything can be fixed in one season, but there's plenty to be hopeful about here:

http://nflbreakdowns.com/scouting-report-carson-wentz-nfldraft2016/

I just really don't want him to start too early

Godslay

Banned
Benjamin Allbright doesn't seem to think anything will come out of it. I think he is plugged in with the Broncos and now does a radio spot in Philly as well (after joining CBS). Says Broncos calls price was too high and nothing else to report.

He also thinks a team will have to move up to before #7 for Lynch. That would be madness. Is SF taking Lynch at 7? Well then that means Kaep would have to be traded at some point. And who would be willing to move up to #6 for Lynch?

This draft might be crazy with all teams over reaching for average QBs.

Klis is more connected than Albright.

Klis, Legwold, Renck are probably the gold standard. Albright can be hit or miss, but has been right before.

This feels like Kaep all over again so I hope we see some movement either way tomorrow so we can put this baby to bed.

Schefty was saying Lynch falls out of first. Will be interesting to see what happens to him, but I don't think Elway wants him.

Top Bottom