• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gotcha, so Bradford needs the defense to bail him out? You are reaching here. This draft would have done next to nothing to help Bradford.

Signing two veteran free agent offensive lineman, and two veteran free agent wide receivers might help Bradford though. Of course we'll just ignore that. Even assuming we picked a OT, you think he'd start over Johnson or Peters this year? I doubt it.
Eagles got Ruben Randle so everything is good. It is not only all the wasted resources it is all the fact that Sam has to learn another new system this year and then next year with another new team. No matter what he does this year he won't be back. Howie and Doug drafted a QB this year to buy themselves time, not to improve the team.

squicken

Gotcha, so Bradford needs the defense to bail him out? You are reaching here. This draft would have done next to nothing to help Bradford.

Signing two veteran free agent offensive lineman, and two veteran free agent wide receivers might help Bradford though. Of course we'll just ignore that. Even assuming we picked a OT, you think he'd start over Johnson or Peters this year? I doubt it.

You think Peters is going to start 16 games? Who is the backup tackle? Dennis Kelly?

Eagles got Ruben Randle so everything is good. It is not only all the wasted resources it is all the fact that Sam has to learn another new system this year and then next year with another new team. No matter what he does this year he won't be back. Howie and Doug drafted a QB this year to buy themselves time, not to improve the team.

If Bradford plays this season like the second coming of Peyton Manning he'll probably start the next year too.

It's sort of moot though, because he won't and can't play like that.

You think Peters is going to start 16 games? Who is the backup tackle? Dennis Kelly?

Brandon Brooks has experience at RT, so he'd be in and Lane Johnson would swing to LT.

My respect for BG and Kave is still here.....I think I may be getting sick or something. This virus better not make me start empathizing with Gata.
vtsVGpm.gif

RBH going to have a good season at least. No matter how bad the Falcons do, it'll be better than the Braves :') #ProgressInAtlanta

How's this, from a Steelers fan: I hope the pick makes you feel better but that the player you pick is a bust.

I'm fine with this from you and Floyd. Thanks friends, have a great day <3

My respect for BG and Kave is still here.....I think I may be getting sick or something. This virus better not make me start empathizing with Gata.
vtsVGpm.gif

yasssssss

Nah screw that

Let darkness and misery into your heart Paper. Only then will you know true strength

Say it with me

"Fuck Kave_Man"

"Fuck BlackGhost"

Follow my example:

Hey RBH, have the Braves won a game yet this year?
See.. This is just hateful man. Let love in your heart. I'm sorry he didn't pick up the ball and let a bronco steal it.. Along with your heart.

:jnc
Don't think I'll ever be able to laugh again if the Brown tank goes 8-8 next year.
That would be the most brownsesque thing to happen.

#FuckFloyd
Thanks for including me friend.

And I'm not mad at you and understand. It's not your fault. I'm just a surrogate for your pain.

We can hug it out when what we think will happens.. Happens.

See.. This is just hateful man. Let love in your heart. I'm sorry he didn't pick up the ball and let a bronco steal it.. Along with your heart.

That would be the most brownsesque thing to happen.

Thanks for including me friend.

And I'm not mad at you and understand. It's not your fault. I'm just a surrogate for your pain.

We can hug it out when what we think will happens.. Happens.

I would probably avoid snapchat for 24hrs after we draft, I warn you because I care.

Farooq

Banned
Ronald Leary signed his RFA tender (second round) with the Cowboys.

&#8207;@AdamSchefter
Cowboys' G Ronald Leary signed his RFA second-round tender in hopes to facilitate trade this weekend, per source.

Gobias

Banned
I would gladly take an 8-8 record saying that would be the most wins the Browns have had in almost 10 years. Besides we got a top 10 pick from the Eagles anyways.

MechDX

I would gladly take an 8-8 record saying that would be the most wins the Browns have had in almost 10 years. Besides we got a top 10 pick from the Eagles anyways.

Then hope not for 8-8. How awesome would it be for the Browns to have the first and second pick next year?

harSon

Banned
I'm with Chuck & Deacon on this one. If someone like Lawson falls to us (or Jack) we will probably grab him. Seems like Apple isn't a good fit, but maybe Jackson III at CB. We have Gay and Cockrell, and Goldson is coming back from injury. So I'm not sure we need to grab a CB in the 1st round.

We're obviously waiting to see how things fall this weekend before we decide on Jarvis Jones's 5th year option. We need a stud behind Harrison and Jones hasn't been it. Timmons is also expensive and could be a cap casualty. I expect us to grab a LB, but maybe not in the 1st.

The problem is whether there's anyone at 25 who will be a starter... would love to see someone who is considered top 15 fall to us (like DeCastro), but I'm just not terribly hyped that we're going to get a difference-maker where we are.

Why is someone like Apple considered a bad fit for us? I heard he doesn't do well in Zone packages, and we obviously run a lot of Zone packages. But the important question is why we lead the league in Zone packages. I'd imagine a lot of it has to do with the personnel we ultimately have in the secondary. I always thought the personnel should dictate the schemes, and not vice versa, do I don't see an issue drafting a CB who plays up on receivers and is physical.

So Lane is out of position, Brooks out of position, and a backup guard? Seems like maybe drafting an OT would solve some of that

Lane should obviously never be a LT because he'd be out of position.

Lane is a LT stuck at RT because Jason Peters has a legacy, plain and simple. He showed little decline when he filled in for Peters last season doing the same thing. Better get used to the idea of him being there now, because once Peters is gone it's his spot.

Hindl

So Lane is out of position, Brooks out of position, and a backup guard? Seems like maybe drafting an OT would solve some of that

The Eagles have a 3rd you know. Even if we stayed at 8 I most likely wouldn't have wanted an OL taken there anyway

Then hope not for 8-8. How awesome would it be for the Browns to have the first and second pick next year?
That's what I want.. Y'all wanting 8-8 are crazy. We've tasted of defeat, failure, and misery for years.. Decades.. now. Another year of that.. And we could potentially have the number one and two pick at best next if we assume the position we are accustomed to for another year?

Y'all nuts.. I want us to bomb. Think of the possibilities if the Eagles bomb as bad we hope.

squicken

No! More QBs dammit!

Or not sign Bradford and use FA for another OL if the plan is to sell out for Wentz. Or trade Bradford for a pick and draft an OT. He said this stuff isn't Howie's fault. It most definitely is. The Eagles are way more likely to give the Browns a top 5 pick than make the playoffs, unless Wentz is Andrew Luck this year

Why is someone like Apple considered a bad fit for us? I heard he doesn't do well in Zone packages, and we obviously run a lot of Zone packages. But the important question is why we lead the league in Zone packages. I'd imagine a lot of it has to do with the personnel we ultimately have in the secondary. I always thought the personnel should dictate the schemes, and not vice versa, do I don't see an issue drafting a CB who plays up on receivers and is physical.

I'd have to agree with this one. Clearly we played a ton of zone because Antwon fucking Blake was our 2nd corner, which required the safeties to cheat to his side of the field, and since one of those safeties was Will Allen, well then... you run a lot of zone packages.

I love the idea of getting a shutdown corner and getting up in the WR's grill. Hell, don't the Jets run a lot of Revis mano y mano and everyone else plays zone around him?

Or not sign Bradford and use FA for another OL if the plan is to sell out for Wentz. Or trade Bradford for a pick and draft an OT. He said this stuff isn't Howie's fault. It most definitely is. The Eagles are way more likely to give the Browns a top 5 pick than make the playoffs, unless Wentz is Andrew Luck this year
Exactly. I have no problem with the Eagles trading up for a QB if they didn't think Bradford was the answer. But this all feels like they are not commuted to either plan. Half measures everywhere! I really think Bradford is back because he can keep the team respectable and Howie was worried about the team going 4-12 with Chase and him and dougie being on the hotseat.

Answer this: is Apple good enough of a man/off man corner to change your scheme for?

Some guys have so much talent you just need to get them on the field, but the Steelers run what they run and rarely deviate. Is apple such a special player as to make an exception? If he is, he's going far higher than 25.

MechDX

Evan SilvaVerified account
&#8207;@evansilva
From @AdamSchefter: Ryan Fitzpatrick has told people he would "rather not play football" than play for the #Jets at their contract offer.

Line_HTX

Oakland Raiders statement:

"The Raiders would like to thank the Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee and Mayor Goodman for their time today as we continue to explore options for a permanent stadium solution. We appreciate the support and passion of Raiders fans everywhere."

Hmm...

Top Bottom