• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Or not sign Bradford and use FA for another OL if the plan is to sell out for Wentz. Or trade Bradford for a pick and draft an OT. He said this stuff isn't Howie's fault. It most definitely is. The Eagles are way more likely to give the Browns a top 5 pick than make the playoffs, unless Wentz is Andrew Luck this year

I really don't get the concept that the Eagles are somehow going to not just be a worse team this year, but drastically worse team. The only place they have regressed from last season is arguably at secondary/CB. Their OL is better with the FAs they picked up. The safeties are better. If you don't think Reuben Randle is going to work out better than Miles Austin I don't know what to say. Their QB will be going into the season WITHOUT coming off an ACL tear. They got a defensive coordinator who actually knows what he's doing too. The only argument that holds any plausibility as to why the Eagles would be worse than last season is if the other teams in the division just improved so much more than the Eagles did, but even then I don't get this last place in the league sort of talk.

And if they ARE last place in the league, it's not because they didn't give Bradford help. It's because of Bradford himself.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Fitz has a net value around 40 million I believe and a Harvard degree. I dont think he would blink twice about actually retiring. Hell! His one year here he still got paid 400k I believe from his old Bills contract

His future is obviously in coaching. I've been saying that for years now and I wish he'd hurry up and get there.

MechDX

His future is obviously in coaching. I've been saying that for years now and I wish he'd hurry up and get there.

I got that same vibe while he was here. I could see O'Brien bringing him in as an assistant QB coach. Even though the team traded him local people here said him and O'Brien had a good relationship and a large amount of respect for each other.

Oakland Raiders statement:

"The Raiders would like to thank the Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee and Mayor Goodman for their time today as we continue to explore options for a permanent stadium solution. We appreciate the support and passion of Raiders fans everywhere."

Hmm...

Mark wants the city to contribute more money than it's pledged. So far they're at $650mil total (between the city, Mark and the team, and what the league promised to give the team for relocation) and he wants it to be $100mil more IIRC. If Nevada wants a team and doesn't want to wait on the NHL, this is their only opportunity, so it depends on if they budge.

BigAT

Fitz has a net value around 40 million I believe and a Harvard degree. I dont think he would blink twice about actually retiring. Hell! His one year here he still got paid 400k I believe from his old Bills contract

Wait, Fitzpatrick went to Harvard?

MechDX

Jets don't really have to rush to sign him b/c it's the same offense. He can sign late August and start Week 1. At the same time, they aren't going into week 1 with Geno, who last year, the coach hinted, deserved a broken jaw

Hoyer. They wanted him last year for some odd reason

Duxxy3

My only Pats guarantee for this weekend is that they will take Dan Vitale or Keenan Reynolds, or both of them. They seem like Bill guys.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
One reason why Bob Quinn offers the Detroit Lions hope that things will be different

ALLEN PARK -- Player A has a tremendous physical skill-set. But because of some character issues, Player A has slid in the NFL draft.

Now you're on the clock. Player A is there, and it's tempting to take him because his talent outstrips everything else out there. But there's a risk too.

So, do you take him?

It's a classic quandary that every NFL team faces. It's one the Detroit Lions will surely encounter at some point in this year's draft, which gets under way with the first round on Thursday night (8 p.m., ESPN/NFL Network).

And it's one former Lions general manager Martin Mayhew got wrong when it came to Titus Young in 2011. Really, really wrong.

Young thought he was better than Calvin Johnson. He intentionally lined up incorrectly to prove it. He punched a teammate. He was, unsurprisingly, out of the league in two years.

Enter Bob Quinn.

He's a first-time general manager, so it's impossible to predict how he'll fare. There's always a risk in taking a chance on a guy who hasn't done something before. But the Lions are confident his football education -- which was acquired in New England, the league's most dominant franchise --" will help him sidestep the errors that plagued the previous regime in the draft.

Mayhew learned from Matt Millen. Quinn learned from Bill Belichick. There's a wee bit of a difference there. There are no guarantees how this will play out, of course, but clearly Quinn offers a heightened sophistication when it comes to player evaluation and the draft.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...lions_have_hop.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Great article on Bob Quinn who has his first draft as GM today.

I still like a lot of the moves that Martin Mayhew made whether through the draft or free agency.

His biggest mistake was not being able to get a #2 WR from 2011 till we eventually signed Golden Tate in 2014.

Colasante

One reason why Bob Quinn offers the Detroit Lions hope that things will be different

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...lions_have_hop.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Great article on Bob Quinn who has his first draft as GM today.

I still like a lot of the moves that Martin Mayhew made whether through the draft or free agency.

His biggest mistake was not being able to get a #2 WR from 2011 till we eventually signed Golden Tate in 2014.

I have high hopes for Bob Quinn. I'll be curious to see if he takes Ryan Kelly. Kelly seems like a player Belichick would love, but after Mankins he never used anywhere near that high a pick on an interior linemen.

I really don't get the concept that the Eagles are somehow going to not just be a worse team this year, but drastically worse team. The only place they have regressed from last season is arguably at secondary/CB. Their OL is better with the FAs they picked up. The safeties are better. If you don't think Reuben Randle is going to work out better than Miles Austin I don't know what to say. Their QB will be going into the season WITHOUT coming off an ACL tear. They got a defensive coordinator who actually knows what he's doing too. The only argument that holds any plausibility as to why the Eagles would be worse than last season is if the other teams in the division just improved so much more than the Eagles did, but even then I don't get this last place in the league sort of talk.

And if they ARE last place in the league, it's not because they didn't give Bradford help. It's because of Bradford himself.
They have regressed massively in terms of coaching.

cdyhybrid

We need to get our disrespect out now before we're banished to OT.

Cards are frauds, Pats are cheaters, Niners suck, Rams suck, etc.

gutshot

It is kinda funny that the Bradford stans were convinced we were a playoff team prior to the trade. But now, somehow, the team sucks? Despite nothing changing except they won't be drafting a CB or OL with their first round pick this year. Apparently that rookie corner or guard was the difference between division winning team and worst team in the league. Who knew!?

Fantomex

Take that back you slag, I ain't no California slut.
tumblr_m1rkum8XXW1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Ouch, wonder how much truth there is to this?

Look at the reads, the alertness in the pocket, the progressions. GOAT

34Z6qEj.gif

Oozer3993

The Browns FO and head coach all seem on the same page. They're locked in and know what they're going to do tonight. So naturally Jimmy Haslem is gonna over rule them and take whoever the local homeless population recommends.

MechDX

I was also for Clowney over Mack, but that was the wrong pick.

Don't want to get into it again but Clowney isn't a bust. Last season was essentially his rookie season and he was still recovering from his injury. His run defense was top 3 in the league at OLB. I have faith he will get the pass rush down this year. Vrabel has done a hell of a job with all our linebackers.

A bust would be Omobi Okoye. That was a bust

Top Bottom