• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MechDX

Hated this pick at first but now that I have calmed down Im thinking its a great pick

Offense was putrid last year other than Nuk. We have added Miller, Fuller and Osweiller now.

This will be a vastly different offense this year

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hated this pick at first but now that I have calmed down Im thinking its a great pick

Offense was putrid last year other than Nuk. We have added Miller, Fuller and Osweiller now.

This will be a vastly different offense this year

Hopkins was a beast no?

They say he's more of a Flacco than Oz. He's probably a bit more mobile. Pretty good arm. He can do the Gary things.

I really thought that they would go D, this isn't a typical Elway move. I'm fine with it though. Sanchez can buy him some time to develop,
Pax is def more mobile/athletic then both those guys.

Bitanator

Noah Spence might fall into Dallas lap, that will be a nice prize for passing on Ramsey to take Zeke.

I wanted Ramsey if he got passed up by the Chargers and he did, I only wanted Zeke if Ramsey was gone. But Zeke is ours and if we snag Spence as well, I will love this draft. Billings is here for the taking as well.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So the Steelers have now used a 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks on corners the last two years. These guys better pan out and quickly. Otherwise, it's goodbye to Carnell Lake (Steelers db coach).

I actually really like Paxton Lynch and think he's a great get for the Broncos. You may recall I wanted the Eagles to trade back for him. Thing is, I feel like they need to capitalize on the quality of their team sooner rather than later, and Lynch probably shouldn't start this year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So the Steelers have now used a 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks on corners the last two years. These guys better pan out and quickly. Otherwise, it's goodbye to Carnell Lake (Steelers db coach).

It's interesting because it's like they forgot how they won Super Bowls with an average secondary outside Troy. Those defenses were all pass rush.

Godslay

Banned
I actually really like Paxton Lynch and think he's a great get for the Broncos. You may recall I wanted the Eagles to trade back for him. Thing is, I feel like they need to capitalize on the quality of their team sooner rather than later, and Lynch probably shouldn't start this year.

I like it. Just didn't think it would happen. I know he's green, but at least we've got Sanchez as a set up for him to supplant at his own pace.

Siemian will be the back up eventually.

MechDX

SportsCenterVerified account
‏@SportsCenter
Your new look Houston Texans.

ChLU7mqU4AAJtsU.jpg:large

Will have to dig into this guy tomorrow, but He seems so not typical of what the Steelers draft. All potential, poor tape (though they did draft Dupree last year too and I don't think is tape was any good either).

What does seem typical of the Steelers is that they wanted a guy they could mold into their image...still, can't shake the feeling that they really wanted Jackson before the Bengals took him and Artie was the next man up.

It's interesting because it's like they forgot how they won Super Bowls with an average secondary outside Troy. Those defenses were all pass rush.

That NFL is long gone Hoss. They won those Bowls with Casey Hampton on the field too. Team doesn't even have a proper NT right now.

Best QBs in the league hardly even bother with 5 and 7 step drops anymore. snap, 123 throw. Pass Rush has no time to get home, need beef on the back end to stay with these guys. Last few Super Bowl winners got there with secondary play.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Will have to dig into this guy tomorrow, but He seems so not typical of what the Steelers draft. All potential, poor tape (though they did draft Dupree last year too and I don't think is tape was any good either).

What does seem typical of the Steelers is that they wanted a guy they could mold into their image...still, can't shake the feeling that they really wanted Jackson before the Bengals took him and Artie was the next man up.

Yeah. I'd have been happy with Jackson, not so much with Burns. Big upside, though. Super athletic. Good hands. He's only 20 yo. He'll make an excellent gunner on the punt team...

squicken

What was Gettleman's role with the Giants?
Mech now you like the Fuller pick :/
I thought you were against that for weeks.
I thought we liked our wrs to catch

Treadwell was a bad fit for us. I would have preferred Coleman but he was gone. Pretty much every mock draft had the WR run starting where it did, so it was a good intersection of value and need

MechDX

Mech now you like the Fuller pick :/
I thought you were against that for weeks.
I thought we liked our wrs to catch

Gotta say, love where the Texans are going.

Team needs playmakers badly. I didnt like it at first then I caught my breath, thought about all the players we signed in FA and put it all together. As I said the Texans offense last year was putrid and makes what Nuk (Hopkins) did all that more impressive because he was the offense. Jaelen Strong came on at the end of the year last season and was impressive with shitty Hoyer at QB.

Now we have a QB with an actual arm, Lamar Miller in the back field and the starting wideouts are like Nuk and Fuller on the outside and Strong in the slot.

Striker

Still not understanding the Eli Apple pick. Hopefully Reese knocks the 2nd and 3rd rd picks out of the park. Looking toward receiver and OL or DE.

Jarnet87

The Browns gonna ruin some young WR and another QB tomorrow night. They should be banned from drafting in the 1st.

Dolphins had a steal fall into their lap. Look back at their drafts over the last 10-15 and it's absolute shit outside of the O-Line picks. Only downside is one less excuse for when Tannekill fucks everything up again. At least the next QB will have an improved line.

Team needs playmakers badly. I didnt like it at first then I caught my breath, thought about all the players we signed in FA and put it all together. As I said the Texans offense last year was putrid and makes what Nuk (Hopkins) did all that more impressive because he was the offense. Jaelen Strong came on at the end of the year last season and was impressive with shitty Hoyer at QB.

Now we have a QB with an actual arm, Lamar Miller in the back field and the starting wideouts are like Nuk and Fuller on the outside and Strong in the slot.

I think Jaelen Strong is going to ball out this year, and certainly with another 1st round WR to take some heat off him in slot. I wanted the Eagles to take him over Agholor last year (some of that was because Jaelen Strong is a Philly guy). You guys have the defense which is why I like the focus on offense.

cdyhybrid

Pete says they see him at RT.

I've talked myself into it. I'm on board. We've never had stellar pass-blocking outside of Max or Russell. If he can beast in the run game and be decent with the pass I'm happy.

Godslay

Banned
I knew KC was moving to get him...

The agent of new #Broncos QB Paxton Lynch, Lee Steinberg, tells us the Chiefs and Cowboys were trying to trade up for him.

cdyhybrid

PCJS say a lot of teams were trying to trade up to 26, where the Broncos ended up taking Lynch.

Also says the deal with Elway had been in the works days before.

PCJS say a lot of teams were trying to trade up to 26, where the Broncos ended up taking Lynch.

Jump ahead of the Chiefs, Cards and the possibility of teams trading back into the first.

Per Gettleman, the Panthers got calls from 7 teams for the 30th pick.

Getts also says that Butler reminds him of Kawann Short. Who gives a crap who the corners are if the defensive line is giving the QB hell up front.

Top Bottom