• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cross posting from the Draft thread:

ChLCnBmWkAAinEr.jpg

Manziel watching the draft at a Bar in Columbus before a Justin Bieber Concert

Only two years ago he was on stage getting drafted. What a waste.

cdyhybrid

DAVIS HSU ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 4m4 minutes ago
Seattle wants Left Tackle to be athletic and around 310-312, they want RT & LG prob 320-324, RG closer to 307 lbs & athletic.

Ifedi fits the their RT/LG profile.

Cable says he's a little raw but should be easy to clean up.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
DAVIS HSU ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 4m4 minutes ago
Seattle wants Left Tackle to be athletic and around 310-312, they want RT & LG prob 320-324, RG closer to 307 lbs & athletic.

Ifedi fits the their RT/LG profile.

Cable says he's a little raw but should be easy to clean up.

Those are shockingly specific weights....

I could be a guard or a left tackle based on whether or not I took a dump today

cdyhybrid

Those are shockingly specific weights....

I could be a guard or a left tackle based on whether or not I took a dump today

Obviously weight isn't everything, but I'm sure most teams have a somewhat specific physical profile they want for each OL position, based on what they'll typically be doing in their offense.

puI1zHu.png

Davis' roster sheet for what he expects them to take into camp. Can check off RT.

It was cool that Browns were able to trade down and draft the top wr on their board. I think they were alittle surprised Coleman was still available. Tomorrow will be interesting with the 32nd pick, a lot of good players left.

If was cool was watching Depo and Hue address the media, and Sashi/Berry. (All available on clevelandbrowns.com)

My boy all along!😎
http://youtu.be/Dx8A2EXHQPQ

He seriously looks terrible. Well, he'll get cleaned up in a jail cell, I guess.

It's sad but I really can't see the guy being alive in another 5 years unless he goes to jail and realizes how he's destroying his life. Sadly I don't see that happening just due to all the money behind him via his parents.

MechDX

It's sad but I really can't see the guy being alive in another 5 years unless he goes to jail and realizes how he's destroying his life. Sadly I don't see that happening just due to all the money behind him via his parents.

And yet his parents keep begging someone to help him in every interview with them. He is their damn son and they arent doing shit.

Eleuin

I'd feel better about the clark pick if GB ran a 4-3. Ted seems to value these tweeners for their supposed versatility but it often boils down to them getting overpowered due to their lack of size in a 3-4. I'm sure the large amount of time they spend in nickel will alleviate some problems but there's no he can spend full time at either NT or DE.

Other Dlineman who can rush are sure to be gone before 57 so hopefully a good ILB drops.
Still wish they traded down smh

Godslay

Banned
Crazy.

Cowboys offered Seahawks 2nd- and 3rd-round picks for their 1st to trade up for Paxton Lynch, per @toddarcher. Broncos' offer trumped it.

AHAHAHAAA #FuckMech

Floyd we cool again,

So obviously the draft didn't turn out like I wanted....it went so much better. I can't believe he fell to us, finally Tannehill will have some competent protection, now we need to focus on CB/DE for the next two rounds, we can forget about LB. With the 8th pick (and whatever we traded to philly, can't remember) we managed to get a starting CB, LB and OG/T. Not too shabby.

cdyhybrid

I mean given our needs and who was left, this was a solid pick no? I see some unhappy fans and I'm not sure why

It's not a sexy pick, especially with guys like Jack on the board. And they haven't had the best track record with drafting OL. So I get it. But they had to address the OL somehow, and they picked the best OL on the board, so I can't hate it too much.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
635974787933798038-AP-NFL-Draft-Football-ILKS19.jpg

simon-cowell.gif

Reading Taylor Decker's PrideofDetroit.com draft profile from January has me hyped.

Out of all the impending needs and holes heading into the offseason, none loom larger than the offensive line. Last year's bloodbath was a total team effort from Riley Reiff's struggles at left tackle, Travis Swanson's rude welcoming into the life of a center, the combined shit-storm at right tackle and everyone else's ups and downs that contributed to negative runs and Matthew Stafford nearly dying.

I'll admit, I was taken aback by how much Taylor Decker has improved since his 2014 campaign. I was concerned that he just did not have what it takes to play LT in the NFL. His footwork was questionable and he couldn't seem to catch up with faster and more athletic speed-rushers. I felt like I was watching a whole new player in 2015, because Decker was nearly flawless in pass protection last year.

What really jumps out on film is Decker's brute strength. He has heavy hands and does a nice job of getting them into the chest of the defender to latch on and seal them away from the play.

Taylor Decker is a leviathan among his peers and is highly regarded as one of the top offensive tackles in this year's class. I currently have him as my No. 2 OT behind Laremy Tunsil and above Ronnie Stanley. He is a good, but not great athlete, though he makes up for any shortcomings with his impressive footwork and technique in pass protection. In the run game, Decker is dominant and has a mean streak that you cannot teach.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...ting-report-2016-nfl-draft-profile-ohio-state

A lot more analysis at the link with gifs. He does not stop moving his feet or going for his assignment.

He's a mauler, brawler type offensive lineman in how he moves and blocks.

Love the pick even more knowing how many great defensive players will be available when we pick tomorrow.

squicken

Senior Pro Personnel Analyst. He was heavily involved in free agency acquisitions and setting value on street guys that came in, etc.

Thanks. It's interesting to compare/contrast his fixation with big guys vs Reese's, and the CB position. Strange to think they were working together building those SB teams

Still not understanding the Eli Apple pick. Hopefully Reese knocks the 2nd and 3rd rd picks out of the park. Looking toward receiver and OL or DE.
If it had been Hargreaves would it be understandable? We needed a corner so that's not hard to understand. In this case, the Giants brass felt one player was better than the other for what it's worth. They took offers to move back and didn't like it.

I'll have to dig into him as a player as I didn't do much on him prior as I never expected him to be the pick but he's 20 years old, athletic and can hopefully be molded into a player. He'll likely be our nickel this season.

It's not Floyd though, right!;)

Thanks. It's interesting to compare/contrast his fixation with big guys vs Resse's, and the CB position. Strange to think they were working together building those SB teams
There's not much separation to be frank. The front office has been choosing DB's high for quite some time now (while Getts was there) - Aaron Ross, Corey Webster, Kenny Phillips, Prince, etc. Reese has a total fixation with DE/DT's as well. He hasn't been able to indulge that because he's had to focus on the other big guys - the oline. After the disastrous 2013 season.

AHAHAHAAA #FuckMech

Floyd we cool again,

So obviously the draft didn't turn out like I wanted....it went so much better. I can't believe he fell to us, finally Tannehill will have some competent protection, now we need to focus on CB/DE for the next two rounds, we can forget about LB. With the 8th pick (and whatever we traded to philly, can't remember) we managed to get a starting CB, LB and OG/T. Not too shabby.
Yeah my fins are killing it this offseason. I am so excited for this upcoming year.

B.O.O.M

It's not a sexy pick, especially with guys like Jack on the board. And they haven't had the best track record with drafting OL. So I get it. But they had to address the OL somehow, and they picked the best OL on the board, so I can't hate it too much.

Yep, I think the coaching in Seattle could create something special out of anyone really. And this pick has the necessary tools to be molded from what I have read and seen. Fingers crossed...god knows we want some good OL to save RussGod

We gonna be making our money in that 3rd round.

Yep can't wait to see who the surprise rookie who came out of nowhere this year

I sincerely hope good things happen for you guys this year

AHAHAHAAA #FuckMech

Floyd we cool again,

I bet Trejo leaked the information on Tunsil..

Damn, looks like I missed some action.

All I can say is fuck the Dolphins and fuck the NFL.
Yes you did. And..

Feel legit bad for Myles Jack. The guy is a hell of a player and his career is potentially freefalling because of something completely out of his control.

Any other highlights besides Tunsil?
Myles Jack dropping from the first..

No Bama defenders drafted.

Cleveland not being a complete trainwreck.

Just to name a few.

Feel legit bad for Myles Jack. The guy is a hell of a player and his career is potentially freefalling because of something completely out of his control.
It sucks. At least he got the insurance policy so it's not a complete loss should the worse happen.

I think someone will take the risk on him and might let him sit because as shitty as it is for him not to be drafted in the first.. It could be a blessing in disguise so that the team who does draft him won't necessarily have to rush to get him out there I think.

:jnc and I don't think mech would be that nice to let Trejo use the internet during the draft.
Mech can be magnanimous at times, I'm sure.

Line_HTX

You know what? I'm optimistic about Fuller. Maybe we can finally stop being the team witth the most dropped passes by a ridiculously wide margin.

This offense is finally improving for once. So many times I wished that every Wide Receiver and all of the Tight Ends last year would forcibly get their hands broken for every dropped pass and thrown out onto Kirby Dr.

Striker

If it had been Hargreaves would it be understandable? We needed a corner so that's not hard to understand. In this case, the Giants brass felt one player was better than the other for what it's worth. They took offers to move back and didn't like it.

I'll have to dig into him as a player as I didn't do much on him prior as I never expected him to be the pick but he's 20 years old, athletic and can hopefully be molded into a player. He'll likely be our nickel this season.

It's not Floyd though, right!;)
Ha. They would likely have Floyd if they didn't make it super obvious they coveted him so highly. That said, I would prefer someone like Apple over him because he is a better scheme fit. I think that's the thing with Hargreaves, too -- he is smaller so once they move on from DRC they won't have two sub 6'0" guys. Apple has that going for him. And Apple is similar size as Ross and T2, therefore I see Spags deploying him in the slot a bit. Loves blitzing that nickel player. I was thinking we may see Bennett Jackson and Mykkele Thompson there in camp as well.

That said it was pretty early for him and perhaps they opted not to move back far enough so someone like Miami snags him. They apparently loved his measurables. Hopefully he works out.

Tomorrow they gotta add receiver help and on both lines. We'll see!

squicken

King and Klis saying Dallas and Cleveland wanted Lynch. Giants wanted Floyd or Conklin. Ralph V says the top 10 couldn't have gone worse for the Giants. Teams use smokescreens to avoid the very thing that happened to NYG

King and Klis saying Dallas and Cleveland wanted Lynch. Giants wanted Floyd or Conklin. Ralph V says the top 10 couldn't have gone worse for the Giants. Teams use smokescreens to avoid the very thing that happened to NYG

Dumb thought but I wonder if the Seahawks didn't realize how high the Cowboys 2nd round pick was. I knew they sucked last year but I forgot how bad. I thought the pick would be around 38 but it was only 3 spots later than the Broncos pick and we would have gotten a much higher 3rd. I guess they didn't feel like Ifedi would still be available.

Also 2 of the last 3 years we've screwed someone out of a QB. 2 years ago Houston would have taken Bridgewater but we traded our pick to Minnesota. This year Cleveland could have gotten Lynch but they still probably would have had to traded up to get him since so many other teams wanted him.

Top Bottom