• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

squicken

Joe Banner said:
Browns completely dominate first round, and the "football guys" and pundits don't seem to have even noticed.

Cleveland turned the 2nd pick in the draft ~ into 1 extra one, two extra 2's and three extra 3's.

But the Browns, like Howie Roseman, have never struggled at winning the trade game. It's the player evaluation/development game that has killed them over the years

Hey bros a little late but my daughter was born yesterday!

Congrats FMT!

SonnyBoy

FMT congratulations on the baby girl!

In regards to football. I'm looking forward to seeing 4WR sets with Garcon, DJax, Josh Doctson and Jordan Reed.

rando14

It's not a sexy pick, especially with guys like Jack on the board. And they haven't had the best track record with drafting OL. So I get it. But they had to address the OL somehow, and they picked the best OL on the board, so I can't hate it too much.

I have all the faith in the world in PCJS to draft literally ANY position... EXCEPT for OL. Basically all of our upper-mid pick OL have been trash for several years in a row. Who was our last good OL pick... Russell Okung back in 2010... 6 years ago?? And he's not even that good -- he's a mediocre, middle-of-the-line LT.

The experts tend to be wrong about our drafts except the O-line, where they're pretty much always right. They said Carp was a bad 1st round pick... and they were right. They said Britt was a bad 2nd round pick... and they were right (actually they were wrong because he shouldn't have even been a pick, he's one of the worst O-linemen in the entire NFL). They said Poole was a bad 4th round pick... and they were right (could barely make the practice squad).

Unfortunately this is likely to be a wasted 1st round pick for an O-linemen whose ceiling is likely somewhere between Carpenter and Britt. aka not good enough

STL's defensive line is still amazing. SF's is getting better. ARI's got a TON better during the offseason.

Russ is going to get hurt this season, and I'm going to be furious!! *throws a shoe

Duxxy3

So if Jack is still on the board when the Pats pick...

Do they take him?

No.

But if he's available at the untradable 96th pick, then absolutely.

My guess for tonight is Running Back, Defensive Tackle and maybe a Safety. Probably trade one of the picks to move back to the 4th and 5th rounds.

Tom Penny

It would ok if they didnt draft them in the 2nd though.

Nah. Rutgers all day..

giphy.gif

Duxxy3

Fucking Tavon Wilson.

What an awful second rounder. I don't have a clue wtf Bill was thinking with that one.

Jordan Richards was borderline last year, but I don't think it was on the level as the Tavon Wilson pick.

edit: Shit, I'd be OK with Rutgers all day long. Harmon and Ryan were slight stretches, but they turned out pretty decent.

Congrats FMT
Dustin Fox
Dustin Fox – Verified account ‏@DustinFox37

I asked Corey Coleman about his size. His response was classic. “If size mattered elephants would be the king of the jungle” #Browns
Happy Browns had their choice at Wr, Browns also will have 2 picks in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the max number of comp picks in 2017

MRSA

Banned
Congrats FMT

I'm curious a to when Jack gets drafted.

I don't hate the Joseph pick but thought he was a reach at 14.

Hope we go after William Jackson III in the second.

pwnage2u

Banned
Very happy with the Viking's pick. Treadwell will be the best WR out of this draft, we just need a QB that isn't afraid to throw downfield.

Good morning everyone and congrats FMT. May she grow up healthy and wise and not fuck up the Madden League

Wonder what we do with 32. Would the Jags package their pick and their 4th for Jack?

Part of me wants us to take Jack.. I think they will trade down and it might become a bidding war as Spence, Robinson (Cashman, Dreams can still come true.) Ragland, and others.

But who cares Wes.. We actually drafted a WR.. Holy shit.

Pepiope

They won without a QB last year. Who says they can't do it again.
They had the best QB in NFL history playing. He was still making smart decisions.

Sanchez isn't going to be half the QB Peyton was, and if they want to rely on Lynch...well.

Elway may be costing DEN an opportunity to repeat because he wants to keep a couple draft picks.

Hey guys, I missed the second half of the draft last night. Who'd the Patriots end up taking? I'm hoping it was some bum but you guys know how it is, they always seem to find great players at the back end of the first round!

Hindl

Congrats FMT!

In regards to Jack, if he fell this far already might he fall further? I feel like in the 2nd teams are still looking for impact players, not ones that need to sit for up to two years. But man, if the jags manage to snag Ramsey and Jack they'd be dangerous

Top Bottom