• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
http://38.media.tumblr.com/bd522b1c6c030cae46a87c18c154b0ae/tumblr_n6ojtdWZKI1tbh1dho1_400.gif
kAzmviH.jpg

I had a good night's sleep, I imagine tannehill probably had the best sleep he's had in four years too. Apparently the jets tried to move up for Tunsil too, that just makes it sweeter,

Oh congrats FMT!!!

Godslay

Banned
i know for kap they were offering a 4th and that we had to eat $5 mil of his guarantee for this year. now kap will have to live with the shame of being beaten out by gabbert twice :(

Congrats on the kid. Now the real rewarding work begins.

I have faith that Kaep will be back. Would be nice to see him and Chip put something good together.

MechDX

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...l-Fuller/a1ae4229-7fdb-4bfb-91d5-676da7d3928e

They flip-flopped with Washington, getting the 21st overall pick in exchange for the 22nd pick as well as a 6th-rounder in 2017. Notre Dame's Will Fuller was the man at 21, and general manager Rick Smith explained why.

No you're wrong.

They moved up because the run on WR's was beginning, Rick Smith saw it coming and wasnt going to have a repeat of last year. They tried to trade up twice last year for Dorsett and Lockett and got jumped both times.

Doctson and Treadwell would be redundant picks for them since they have receivers, Nuk and Strong, who already fit those molds. They needed a burner to stretch the field and were not going to risk losing him again

MechDX

Doug Farrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 2h2 hours ago
To me, the most offensive part of the Tunsil story is that the Dolphins intend to play him at guard.

Why are they doing this? You get what many considered the best LT in the draft to fall all the way down and you move him to guard?

Hey bros a little late but my daughter was born yesterday!

Congrats FMT!

Why are they doing this? You get what many considered the best LT in the draft to fall all the way down and you move him to guard?
They have two good tackles if they can stay healthy. Guard has been a MAJOR, MAJOR problem area for years; certainly as long as Tannehill has been in the league. Long term I expect Tunsil will start at LT when Brandon Albert is gone but I think it's smart to plug him in where they need a quality starter the most.

Also, Albert is over 30 and has had some serious injuries the past few years. James was out most of last season with an injury. I'd bet Tunsil will see plenty of snaps at tackle this season before all's said and done.

They have two good tackles if they can stay healthy. Guard has been a MAJOR, MAJOR problem area for years; certainly as long as Tannehill has been in the league. Long term I expect Tunsil will start at LT when Brandon Albert is gone but I think it's smart to plug him in where they need a quality starter the most.

Also, Albert is over 30 and has had some serious injuries the past few years. James was out most of last season with an injury. I'd bet Tunsil will see plenty of snaps at tackle this season before all's said and done.

Actually the best thing would be to move Albert to guard (he played G in college) and let Tunsil play LT, which I really believe they will

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 38s39 seconds ago
#Browns have 11 picks total, today and tomorrow. I'm told they want to acquire at least 4-6 more. … What's the record for most picks ever?

Damn.

Lol Browns are gonna own the 3rd and 4th rounds. I can have cardale, hack, Dak, Brissett and all the kickers. We're already ending the day with 4 players tonight most likely

A lot of good players left, theirs some good defensive players but personally still want to hit O. Wr Mike Thomas is available but Hunter Henry would be a interesting get, still Wrs I like later
AP Top 25Verified account
‏@AP_Top25
BREAKING: Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash

Turn out the lights
the party's over...
What a night for him. Seriously what a terrible idea that conference with media was

MechDX

Lol Browns are gonna own the 3rd and 4th rounds. I can have cardale, hack, Dak, Brissett and all the kickers. We're already ending the day with 4 players tonight most likely

A lot of good players left, theirs some good defensive players but personally still want to hit O. Wr Mike Thomas is available but Hunter Henry would be a interesting get, still Wrs I like later

What a night for him. Seriously what a terrible idea that conference with media was

Cleveland luck now reversed but with a twist. Get all these picks, hit on them all then cant re-sign half of them in a few years

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Hold on now. Hack is ours.

All your picks belong to us.. All of them!!!

AP Top 25Verified account
‏@AP_Top25
BREAKING: Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash

Turn out the lights
the party's over...

Uh-oh..

The sky's the limit BG.

rôgérGÖÖDÊLLfràmêdTÖMbràdyANDwàsßÊH1ND9/11
Like Hernandez?

Godslay

Banned
They had the best QB in NFL history playing. He was still making smart decisions.

Sanchez isn't going to be half the QB Peyton was, and if they want to rely on Lynch...well.

Elway may be costing DEN an opportunity to repeat because he wants to keep a couple draft picks.

Broncos wanted Wentz, you guys sabotaged that.

Broncos wanted Bradford, you guys wanted too much.

We tried to get on your gravy train but all you gave us was the crumbs in Sanchez.

We'll just have to make due with him, Semen, and Lynch.

Top Bottom