• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MechDX

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2016/04...before-the-draft-that-he-can-handle-j-j-watt/

Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – The Tennessee Titans traded the number one overall pick for the number 15 pick in the first round and a bunch of other picks. Then on Thursday night they traded up to the 8th pick of the NFL Draft to take a left tackle. Not Laremy Tunsil, the guy they had been thought to take first overall had they stayed there, but Jack Conklin from Michigan State.

Conklin told the NFL Network a week before the draft that he believed he could handle Houston Texans defensive end and three-time defensive player of the year J.J. Watt.

"To be the man you gotta beat the man!'

Like the kids bravado but damn.

I need to do some research because now I'm reading stuff about Treadwell that is all over the place.

Like, I've now read a few articles saying his hands are kinda shitty when that was supposedly one of his strong points.

I feel good about it but opinions are all over. Hope he at least turns out to be a more athletic Michael Jenkins.

/reposting this from the draft thread

Actually the best thing would be to move Albert to guard (he played G in college) and let Tunsil play LT, which I really believe they will
Sure, that's fine too. Whatever gets the five best dudes in the most ideal positions. I'm just thrilled we can actually have a legitimate discussion about who the best LT on the team is...

LevelNth

Banned
A couple SF beat reporters are saying San Fran moved up for Garnett because the Hawks had him pegged at #31. Interesting if true, both FOs do often covet much of the same skill set in line players.

You lost your respek when you lost your hair.
Where your hair at?
image.php

Striker

of all the players Goodell had the shortest onstage exchange with Tunsil. Pretty sure he just whispered in his ear "I'll cya Tuesday"

That's the thing about Doctson too, he about to be 24.
Same for Leonard Floyd.

I'm starting to warm on Artie Burns. Particularly vs William Jackson the Third. Mainly because Burns is 3 years younger.
I've warmed up to Eli Apple. I still think slot position is the biggest thing, but there was a big run on CB's there and Reese said Apple was his highest rated CB. Just 20 years old atm. He obviously needs some work, but he has good size and substantial talent.

Same for Leonard Floyd.

I've warmed up to Eli Apple. I still think slot position is the biggest thing, but there was a big run on CB's there and Reese said Apple was his highest rated CB. Just 20 years old atm. He obviously needs some work, but he has good size and substantial talent.

I think Reese and Colbert deserve some benefit of the doubt. Still it was hard to swallow.

I'm mainly upset with the pick because as I said i'm biased against drafting early round corners - I would have been upset with Jackson too (especially since he's 24 this year). As I also said though, this is the new NFL where you're lucky if Brady holds the ball for three seconds. You need burners on the back end who can disrupt the receivers.

Still, it's gonna take some time to get used to the Steelers going after raw athletes rather than proven tape monsters.

You lost your respek when you lost your hair.
You old crusty ass don't know the meaning of the word.

You drag yourself out of here and go to a seafood diner and steal crabs for your dumbass qb and watch reruns of raw or actually play your madden games and come back when you can put some respeck on BG's name DM :)

rando14

You drag yourself out of here and go to a seafood diner and steal crabs for your dumbass qb and watch reruns of raw or actually play your madden games and come back when you can put some respeck on BG's name DM :)

Omg Floy calm down, you're outta control!!

Why don't you go insult the residents at the local retirement home while you're at it?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So when will people not care about the draft spoilers thing so we can drop it from the title in that thread? Third round on? Just Saturday?

Biggest thing for me is that the Giants seemingly got out maneuvered in the draft for the players they truly had higher on their board. I believe Reese and Ross when they say they had Apple as their top rated corner but there is no doubt about who they actually wanted. I don't know about the top 10 going about as bad as it could for them but they need to look at how leaky they've become the last two years. A ton of beat writers knew it was Flowers last year and they got their man then. This year we knew it was Floyd or Conklin.

In the end, they got their top rated corner and the guy who will eventually replace DRC a bit earlier than he probably should have gone but Hargreaves was picked right after so blah on the whole "value" argument bullshit.

Omg Floy calm down, you're outta control!!
I can't .. Browns-GAF is out of control. The Revolution has arrived. It's a New Day damn it.. A Brown Dawn has risen.

Why don't you go insult the residents at the local retirement home while you're at it?
Never.. I would help DM cross the street, and watch attitude era Raw with him. But he can't mess with BG during the Browns Super Bowl..

He can't. We can also watch old Warren Sapp games and even watch some with his hero Lovie Smith

Floy is just excited about Hackenbrown
Sending you some Mexican food right now..

So when will people not care about the draft spoilers thing so we can drop it from the title in that thread? Third round on? Just Saturday?

3rd round.

Biggest thing for me is that the Giants seemingly got out maneuvered in the draft for the players they truly had higher on their board. I believe Reese and Ross when they say they had Apple as their top rated corner but there is no doubt about who they actually wanted. I don't know about the top 10 going about as bad as it could for them but they need to look at how leaky they've become the last two years. A ton of beat writers knew it was Flowers last year and they got their man then. This year we knew it was Floyd or Conklin.

In the end, they got their top rated corner and the guy who will eventually replace DRC a bit earlier than he probably should have gone but Hargreaves was picked right after so blah on the whole "value" argument bullshit.

I was kind of surprised to hear that the Giants wanted Floyd. Don't they normally stay away from Linebackers and fill in those gaps with the later rounds and FA?

Pepiope

Broncos wanted Wentz, you guys sabotaged that.

Broncos wanted Bradford, you guys wanted too much.

We tried to get on your gravy train but all you gave us was the crumbs in Sanchez.

We'll just have to make due with him, Semen, and Lynch.
But is 2 2nd round picks (honestly they're 3rds) too much for Bradford when he gives you guys a much better chance to repeat?

You guys don't "overpay" for Bradford, but you're not going to win with Sanchez or Lynch. I don't understand how the latter is the better option.

Line_HTX

ChOAvv7WMAIirWL.jpg:large

Drake gonna pull a heist just like all his albums sold.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...l-Fuller/a1ae4229-7fdb-4bfb-91d5-676da7d3928e

No you're wrong.

They moved up because the run on WR's was beginning, Rick Smith saw it coming and wasnt going to have a repeat of last year. They tried to trade up twice last year for Dorsett and Lockett and got jumped both times.

Doctson and Treadwell would be redundant picks for them since they have receivers, Nuk and Strong, who already fit those molds. They needed a burner to stretch the field and were not going to risk losing him again

It makes me want to watch the Mexico City game even more and beat the shit out of the Raiders.

OMG

Vernon Butler is a good pick #Panthers

•vérnônßUTLÊRisAgôôdP1CK#pànthérs•

Cam writing font... DansGame

Bill last night
th

ResidentSleeper

I was kind of surprised to hear that the Giants wanted Floyd. Don't they normally stay away from Linebackers and fill in those gaps with the later rounds and FA?

They have but Floyd offered a very tempting athletic specimen that they felt could play the joker role that Kiwi tried to play years ago. A "tweener" type player that could rush the passer from the WILL position, cover the middle of the field and on occasion put his hand in the dirt and rush the passer from the end position. So when evaluating the Giants thinking there, don't look at him as just a linebacker. It's the versatility he would have brought that they craved.

The knock is that Reese has been trying to get that type of player for some time and its not really a "need" nor has he done a good job of it. Years ago he was trying to sign Schofield from the Seahawks to to do exactly what I said. He offered him a substantial contract to do it much to the chagrin of Giants fans who didn't understand why? Schofield ended up failing a physical and that disappeared.

Draxal

I actually think Eli might have been the top guy, Hitdog apparently called the pick while Floyd was still on the board.

And Hitdog is the new superinsider of the Giants.

This isn't the first time the Browns have stockpiled picks. The Revolution starts when they start hitting on their selections
I am aware of this..

I am choosing to believe that this time.. We will hit on them.

of course.. Deep down... The pit of my stomach always thinks they'll fuck it up and I'll continue this bi-polar, emotionally abusive relationship with the team until I die.

Hackenbrown. Jak wills it.
He needs to will himself to do a lot of other things before he can will anything involving Cleveland.

They had the best QB in NFL history playing. He was still making smart decisions.

Sanchez isn't going to be half the QB Peyton was, and if they want to rely on Lynch...well.

Elway may be costing DEN an opportunity to repeat because he wants to keep a couple draft picks.

Are you still on that "Broncos should have traded a first round pick for Bradford" kick?

There would be riots in the streets if they did that. Bradford is a bum that's going to lose his job to a rookie next year.

Godslay

Banned
But is 2 2nd round picks (honestly they're 3rds) too much for Bradford when he gives you guys a much better chance to repeat?

You guys don't "overpay" for Bradford, but you're not going to win with Sanchez or Lynch. I don't understand how the latter is the better option.

The way I look at it is, it would have been nice to have a decent bridge QB. Which Brock, Kaep, Bradford would have been. Now we just have Sanchez as the carrier to which Lynch will eventually burst out of as the starting QB (ala Alien). I'm fine with that.

Offense isn't going to flat out win us games, and they didn't last year for the most part. As I've said in the thread, the offense just has to be enough of an improvement to offset any losses on defense. I think Mark/Lynch can do that, and we'll be competitive again. Especially if we can continue to shore up the D with depth from this draft.

I feel content with the outcome right now.

Top Bottom