• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pepiope

Are you still on that "Broncos should have traded a first round pick for Bradford" kick?

There would be riots in the streets if they did that. Bradford is a bum that's going to lose his job to a rookie next year.
If he lost his job to Wentz next season then he'd no longer be a rookie. And he's the #2 OVR draft pick, not just some rookie QB. Of course he is here to take over at some point.

I'm sure DEN fans are trying to convince themselves Sanchez is a capable QB, but he's not. Philly completely quit on him when he had to take the field.

Godslay

Banned
If he lost his job to Wentz next season then he'd no longer be a rookie.

I'm sure DEN fans are trying to convince themselves Sanchez is a capable QB, but he's not. Philly completely quit on him when he had to take the field.

Everything is relative.

Capable QB play after last year to Denver could very well be Sanchez.

Not everyone has a franchise guy starting and one on the bench like Philly. Don't look down on us from your Ivory QB Tower!

Besides, we saved you from a decade of defeat by stealing Lynch from the Cowboys. You should be thanking us!

If he lost his job to Wentz next season then he'd no longer be a rookie.

He's going to lose his job in 2016. I live in an era where the next season doesn't start until it kicks off.

No one is trying to say that Sanchez is a capable QB. They are saying that he isn't bad enough that it warrants doing something completely inane and desperate as trading a number one pick to the Eagles for a guy that won't be starting anywhere in a couple of years.

If Sanchez can't win a Super Bowl with the Broncos then neither can Bradford. They are both cut from the same cloth.

Pepiope

Everything is relative.

Capable QB play after last year to Denver could very well be Sanchez.

Not everyone has a franchise guy starting and one on the bench like Philly. Don't look down on us from your Ivory QB Tower!
Manning wasn't in his prime last year sure, but he was still smart with the football. Sanchez is not a threat to throw the ball deep, and isn't the best decision maker. I just don't see him leading a playoff team.

YvKj4zE.png

Pepiope

He's going to lose his job in 2016. I live in an era where the next season doesn't start until it kicks off.

No one is trying to say that Sanchez is a capable QB. They are saying that he isn't bad enough that it warrants doing something completely inane and desperate as trading a number one pick to the Eagles for a guy that won't be starting anywhere in a couple of years.

If Sanchez can't win a Super Bowl with the Broncos then neither can Bradford. They are both cut from the same cloth.
Except they aren't. Even Bradford haters can admit he's a better QB than Sanchez, and the birds didn't even ask for a 1st. They wanted 2 2nds, and they'd more than likely be low 2nd rounders. The upgrade at QB is worth it, especially for a team a QB away from repeating as champs.

Godslay

Banned
Manning wasn't in his prime last year sure, but he was still smart with the football. Sanchez is not a threat to throw the ball deep, and isn't the best decision maker. I just don't see him leading a playoff team.

He lead the league in interceptions clear up to the end of the season, despite sitting several games.

He was not safe with the ball at all.

Towards the end, Kubes clamped down on him and Peyton got with the program and you saw the result. I think we can all agree that Peyton had some clutch moments in the playoffs that Sanchez probably can't do, but any QB worth his salt probably could have came in and did what Peyton did besides those few moments. Which was very little in retrospect.

Besides, nobody is going to match PM's football acumen. That includes just about any QB in the league right now.

He lead the league in interceptions clear up to the end of the season, despite sitting several games.

He was not safe with the ball at all.

Towards the end, Kubes clamped down on him and Peyton got with the program and you saw the result. I think we can all agree that Peyton had some clutch moments in the playoffs that Sanchez probably can't do, but any QB worth his salt probably could have came in and did what Peyton did besides those few moments. Which was very little in retrospect.

Besides, nobody is going to match PM's football acumen. That includes just about any QB in the league right now.

Denver has like a billion picks. Surely they can give up a 2nd or 3rd round for Bradford.

Maybe a 5th? : (

squicken

Except they aren't. Even Bradford haters can admit he's a better QB than Sanchez, and the birds didn't even ask for a 1st. They wanted 2 2nds, and they'd more than likely be low 2nd rounders. The upgrade at QB is worth it, especially for a team a QB away from repeating as champs.

Is that what they asked for? That's nuts.

Does anyone else think it's weird that Jacoby Brissett really hasn't gotten any national hype? Daks been getting more hype, but maybe the senior bowl helped his cause.
Edit: actually wasn't Brissett at the senior bowl? Can't Remb

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
3rd round.

Yeah, I was leaning towards that one.

So apparently people are unhappy with the niners trading up to get Joshua Garnett...I don't get that. He looks to be a monster in the run game.

https://vine.co/v/eV0evTQdEHi

I'm frothing at the mouth Harbaugh style with the thought of Hyde running behind this guy.

I think it's more that a lot of people think he would have still been available to pick up later anyway.

MechDX

So apparently people are unhappy with the niners trading up to get Joshua Garnett...I don't get that. He looks to be a monster in the run game.

https://vine.co/v/eV0evTQdEHi

I'm frothing at the mouth Harbaugh style with the thought of Hyde running behind this guy.

Not a "sexy" pick in a fantasy football driven world. Casual fans dont give a shit about offensive of defensive lines. They want be entertained and get points

Fuck fantasy football for that reason

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Do you honestly think Bradford even plays a down this season?

I think it's very likely he pulls a Carson Palmer. He seems to be that mad about it all.

Godslay

Banned
Denver has like a billion picks. Surely they can give up a 2nd or 3rd round for Bradford.

Maybe a 5th? : (

Depends on how you view him.

If you think he's your franchise guy, then sure it would be a small price to pay with Philly eating a huge portion of his salary.

If you think he's a bridge, then he makes less sense.

Elway probably sees Kaep/Bradford as a temporary solution. So in that case, you go and get your QBOTF. You set yourself up with a cheap bridge veteran (Sanchez was a 7th round trade with $5M in salary vs. Bradford's cost in picks being prohibitive, salary was okay but Sanchez still cheaper), you can then keep a project such as Siemian.

With the QB play we got last year, I think we can live with Sanchez as long as he knows his role.

I believe this keeps us from kicking the can down the road, and sets it up to have 4 years of a cheap QB while stacking the team around him.

I'm content with it, and know that in reality the chances to repeat aren't great. Even with a good QB it would still be tough. I think this sets us up to continue to be competitive though.

Is that what they asked for? That's nuts.
That was what all the Philly guys are saying. I don't see how 2 seconds is that crazy. I do think Howie really fucked it up by holding to that.

Tiki barber said on the radio today that the raiders Wilk be playing in Vegas to start the 2019 season. He thinks it will definitely get approved. Mark Davis is gonna pay $600m, and the rich guy Sheldon Alterton is going to put up $500m so they already have over a billion raised and unlv is donating the land. The radio yesterday said they already have 60 events lined up for the first year alone.

Noah Spence at 40 would be acceptable to me for the Giants. I know some want WR and OL but this needs to be a big defensive draft for us, IMO.

LJ11

Does anyone else think it's weird that Jacoby Brissett really hasn't gotten any national hype? Daks been getting more hype, but maybe the senior bowl helped his cause.
Edit: actually wasn't Brissett at the senior bowl? Can't Remb

I don't think anyone has gotten less play than Vernon Adams, except for the last week or so. Buffalo Rumblings and Building The Herd talked him up a bit, but Farrar and Fahey did a couple of pieces on him and you started hearing some chatters. But not much team chatter. I think I read he had one formal team meeting at the combine, which doesn't sound right, and no visits.

Depends on how you view him.

If you think he's your franchise guy, then sure it would be a small price to pay with Philly eating a huge portion of his salary.

If you think he's a bridge, then he makes less sense.

Elway probably sees Kaep/Bradford as a temporary solution. So in that case, you go and get your QBOTF. You set yourself up with a cheap bridge veteran (Sanchez was a 7th round trade with $5M in salary vs. Bradford's cost in picks being prohibitive, salary was okay but Sanchez still cheaper), you can then keep a project such as Siemian.

With the QB play we got last year, I think we can live with Sanchez as long as he knows his role.

I believe this keeps us from kicking the can down the road, and sets it up to have 4 years of a cheap QB while stacking the team around him.

I'm content with it, and know that in reality the chances to repeat aren't great. Even with a good QB it would still be tough. I think this sets us up to continue to be competitive though.

I largely agree with you, I just think for such a relatively low cost, and with a team coming off a superbowl win and maybe looking to defend the title, having a slightly better QB at a relatively low cost could mean that little edge they need. Of course, defending championships in this league is next to impossible.

But really I just want something for the wasted cap space.

I think he gets traded. He isn't playing anymore with Philly.
To who? The only team left is the Jets and they are in such terrible cap shape that they can't sign their own guy who played well for them last year. My guess is Bradford takes a year off and comes back with a new team next year.

squicken

I don't think anyone has gotten less play than Vernon Adams, except for the last week or so. Buffalo Rumblings and Building The Herd talked him up a bit, but Farrar and Fahey did a couple of pieces on him and you started hearing some chatters. But not much team chatter. I think I read he had one formal team meeting at the combine, which doesn't sound right, and no visits.

I want to say it was Middlekauf who said he has major read flags on the mental/attitude side. He's not Russellv2, who was all anyone could want from a QB minus 4 inches

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I like Mike Thomas, but I think the possibility of getting Hunter Henry TE might be more interesting. Still s good amount of wrs to like, Carroo in the 3rd?

I trust your opinion.

What about this Noah Spence kid? I've heard some good things about him, would be a fit?

Draxal

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...s-with-sell-7383367.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

I didn't see this live, but I guess McShay blasted Tunsil for "selling out" Ole Miss when he told everyone he took payments. I think McShay takes too much crap but he's way wrong here. All Tunsil did was tell the truth. Maybe Tunsil needs to be more media savvy, but he's not the bad guy on that

To be fair to Tunsil, he was getting bombarded with questions. I'm not even sure if he heard the question properly, the agent screwed this up so much by not pulling from the press conference.

I feel like we're going to double down on WRs.

But Myles Jack...
This morning in SportsCenter saying Browns may grab Myles. Not them maybe 1 of the first 5 teams will.

I'm also cool with Tunsil coming out clean. He knows it's time to work and get paid. Great pick by Miami

LJ11

I want to say it was Middlekauf who said he has major read flags on the mental/attitude side. He's not Russellv2, who was all anyone could want from a QB minus 4 inches

I took that dude off my Twitter a long time ago, guy was just annoying, seems like no one retweets him on my timeline which is also a bonus. Know nothing about Adams, besides the couple of piece I read. Fahey believes he's a 1st rounder on talent alone. Man, I'm really not productive at work these last two days. Day almost over, I've done shit.

cdyhybrid

If true that's a shame. The dude can flat out ball.

Watch him play against UW when he was at Eastern WA and he lit us the fuck up, against some DBs that will be playing on Sundays (although some of them were freshmen back then and that was only their second game).

Top Bottom