• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

LevelNth

Banned
I think it's more that a lot of people think he would have still been available to pick up later anyway.
This is my favorite draft criticism of all time, and not just because it is incredibly stupid as it is entirely dependent on knowing exactly who every team will pick (which no one does), but because the go-to hindsight criticism is that 'x team should've traded up to get that stud! Look how good he is and they needed a player at that position!'.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
SinES3c.png

This is actually maybe mayyyyyyybe the only point I'd consider agreeing with him on, really. Currently, if I had to choose, I might take a healthy Sam over Sanchez. That said, 1) he's never healthy, 2) ideally I'd take neither, 3) neither have been good or won anything in years, 4) Bradford's never won anything, and 5) you're fucked anyway if you're in a position where you have to take one.

I might as well go back to bed because I won't see anything more awesome than that today

:jnc

Hindl

Has anyone tried the Basketball mode for Rocket League yet? I'm about to give it a whirl if anyone else wants to play.

It's awesome as fuck, wish I wasn't at work. It's also just a completely different way of playing. And oddly, I've generally found regular matches of Rocket League usually end with about 2-3 goals a side. But with the Basketball mode, it seems like it's either a 0-1 ending or both sides score like 7 points.

This is actually maybe mayyyyyyybe the only point I'd consider agreeing with him on, really. Currently, if I had to choose, I might take a healthy Sam over Sanchez. That said, 1) he's never healthy, 2) ideally I'd take neither, 3) neither have been good or won anything in years, 4) Bradford's never won anything, and 5) you're fucked anyway if you're in a position where you have to take one.

I think I would choose Bradford over Sanchez too, all else being equal. But they aren't. Sanchez cost a 4th rounder and Bradford would cost 2 2nds. Sam isn't even worth a single 2nd round pick. Frankly, I don't think that Sanchez was worth a 4th but he'll do his job as a stopgap for a year or two and then he'll get cut.

You do make another good point because Sam Bradford's knees are basically made up of explosive videogame barrels.

Godslay

Banned
I think I would choose Bradford over Sanchez too, all else being equal. But they aren't. Sanchez cost a 4th rounder and Bradford would cost 2 2nds. Sam isn't even worth a single 2nd round pick. Frankly, I don't think that Sanchez was worth a 4th but he'll do his job as a stopgap for a year or two and then he'll get cut.

You do make another good point because Sam Bradford's knees are basically made up of explosive videogame barrels.

Agree.

Sanchez was a conditional 7th, so even cheaper.

effzee

Then they're keeping him. Because they aren't getting more. Because Bradford sucks and everyone said they were out of their minds for paying him that much, especially if he wasn't guaranteed to start both years.

We told you for months this wasn't having a happy ending.

You knew for months Eagles would trade up to #2 and take a QB? Yeah ok.

Sam could play like shit regardless of the move up and pick of Wentz and would have been cut into the 2nd year BUT the messy situation and bad ending only became a guarantee when they traded up.

Let's stop pretending to know shit you didn't know.

I'm pretty sure his last one year suspension ends any day now. I'm super curious to see what's going to happen with him. My guess, he won't even ask to be reinstated and won't be in football shape at all. Just seems like a guy who doesn't care about football.

Ireland's legacy summed up in one player.

He's basically free at this point,

Pick seemed like a waste in the first place and so far it ended up looking like it was true. Worst part was that we traded up for it too lol.

effzee

Pretty sure at this point they're not losing Bradford at all. No one wants him, not for the price being asked. Howie got himself into this mess by trying to cover his bases. I would anticipate that no one in the Eagles' FO thought they could rope themselves into one of the top two picks at the point they signed Bradford.

Once they were able to get that 2nd overall, it became clear they have too much tied up into too many QBs. Yes, they'd rather sit Wentz and have Bradford play for a season. If you're Bradford (who is only 28 years old after all), you want to play the next 8-10 years somewhere as "The Guy."

But he's not The Guy and he's learning he's not The Guy and I bet it stings that he's not The Guy, because someone who is The Guy would be getting more attention on the trade market and better offers than the Eagles are getting.

I don't doubt someone is going to scoop him up next year. But it's likely going to be in a backup role for backup money or in a situation where he gets backup money to compete with another scrub until that team finds The Guy.

Again Bradford knew he wasn't "the Guy". He only got a 2 year deal where the team could walk away after year 1.

But the point was he was told he could prove to be the GUY and be the long term guy. Then they trade away tons of picks this year, next year, and in 18 to get the guy who now NO MATTER WHAT will have to play in 17. Which also means no matter great, good, or bad Sam plays he is def gone after this season.

It's not that he doesn't think he should be handed the job (though the Eagles did tell him as much) its that now he has no chance of being the long term solution.

Line_HTX

O'Brien: "When you talk to Brian Kelly, he speaks very highly of this guy, work ethic, high football intelligence."

Oh, he tried to recruit Fuller to Penn State but he slipped away.

:jnc

Top Bottom