• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Malalaw

Congrats FMT! Fatherhood is great. My boy is almost 9 months old and he's sitting up, wanting to stand and attempting to crawl. They grow up too damn fast. He also stole my fightstick from me and started smacking buttons on it.

So proud :')

effzee

Awesome congrats again FMT!

It will be tough but I love being a dad so much I don't remember any other version of me being important or worth being. Son is 2 and 3 months. Wants to drive already. Said Football for the first time this past weekend while I was watching NFLN.

Awesome congrats again FMT!

It will be tough but I love being a dad so much I don't remember any other version of me being important or worth being. Son is 2 and 3 months. Wants to drive already. Said Football for the first time this past weekend while I was watching NFLN.

Awesome. Now teach him to say "fuck" in front of "football" and you've got an Eagles fan for life.

My kids are 18 and 16 and cuss at the Steelers just as much as I do. It's great.

Mortemis

Banned
I need to find out Wentz favorite team. It better not be SEA.

z1A44IZ.png

https://twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/239390445019492352

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Congrats FMT!

Was wondering why you haven't been posting as much in here

I see all you guys posting in the Madden thread instead....

Godslay

Banned

Somebody was messing around with his Twitter last night.

Here's the words right from his own mouth:

In North Dakota, people generally choose one of three favorite teams: the Broncos, the Packers or the Vikings.

That preference is usually inherited through your family, but whatever allegiance you do have, it’s taken pretty seriously. I grew up a Vikings fan. Jerseys, hats, posters on my wall — all of that. But despite that, I always loved watching Brett Favre. I just admired the way he played football. Nobody ever questioned how serious or competitive he was, and the way he showed off those qualities is what made me love him. The guy would get licked and then get back up, throw a 40-yard bomb and run around the field jumping and laughing like a little kid. He wasn’t out there to manage the game. He was a gunslinger. The guy flat out made plays. That’s the quarterback that I wanted to be.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/carson-wentz-north-dakota-state-nfl-draft/

Congrats FMT!

My oldest daughter actually sat with me to watch a lot of the draft, asked questions, cried when Ramsey got taken one pick before the Ravens (likely because she saw me doing it), and generally seemed to be enjoying it. Totally worth all the diapers other shit.

Godslay

Banned
God damn it

Favre is not a guy you want to model yourself after at all. When people say shit like that I wonder if they know that he didn't really read defenses so much as use his freak athletic ability and accuracy.

I think he admired his durability, pick yourself back up, and the love of the game that Brent showed. At least from what I gathered. Rub some dirt in it and go on, have fun, etc.

God damn it

Favre is not a guy you want to model yourself after at all. When people say shit like that I wonder if they know that he didn't really read defenses so much as use his freak athletic ability and accuracy.

I'm also fairly certain (and Slo can confirm) that expressing your love for Brent revokes your right to claim Viking fandom.

I mean, ffs.

Mortemis

Banned
So, about Myles Jack. Sad to see him drop and it'd be great if a team took a risk with him in the second, but if his knee is really as bad as some say and that he'd miss this next season, do you guys think teams think he's even worth a second rounder?

He could keep free falling.

Somebody was messing around with his Twitter last night.

Here's the words right from his own mouth:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/carson-wentz-north-dakota-state-nfl-draft/

lol, that tweet was from 2012, I doubt people can mess around with near 4 yr old tweets. Still, that was me just having fun.

Hindl

God damn it

I dunno seems like the part of Favre's game that he likes is getting knocked down and getting back up and just slinging it to make big plays. I think he understands Favre wasn't reading defenses and making adjustments. But fuck it Favre is still better than any Eagles QB anyway

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Congrats FMT!

This Lions offensive line is going to be something fierce this season, especially on the right side where Taylor Decker is presumed to start.

LT- Riley Reiff (At least on Day 1) 27 years old
LG- Laken Tomlinson 24 years old
Center- Travis Swanson 25 years old
RG- Larry Warford (Pro Bowler) 24 years old
RT- Taylor Decker 21 years old

It's certainly a young group but at least they won't be given Joe Lombardi's playbook coming into the season.

Laken Tomlinson, our 1st rounder from last year, will no doubt benefit from a whole offseason of NFL weightlifting. The weightlifting program for football players is probably no where near that of programs from the SEC, PAC 12 or the Big 10.

Travis Swanson our 2014 3rd round pick out of Arkansas will have the offseason to heal. He was terrible in some stretches last year but he was playing through a shoulder injury which required surgery and his first year starting had to deal with changing OC's mid season which is no easy task for a Center.

Larry Warford is fierce and a Pro Bowler and my only concern with him is injuries, but that's a concern for all players.

Can't wait to see what Quinn does today and who/if any skill players are picked from Rounds 2-4.

Godslay

Banned
So, about Myles Jack. Sad to see him drop and it'd be great if a team took a risk with him in the second, but if his knee is really as bad as some say and that he'd miss this next season, do you guys think teams think he's even worth a second rounder?

He could keep free falling.

lol, that tweet was from 2012, I doubt people can mess around with near 4 yr old tweets. Still, that was me just having fun.

There was some crazy Tweet from him that was out there last night, assumed it was tied to that.

FrenchMovieTheme is now a family man
Ninja Scooter's gone senile
DM was booted off the offseason throne
ez has been removed permanently and bionic's not far behind tbh

What is happening to the Olds?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think he admired his durability, pick yourself back up, and the love of the game that Brent showed. At least from what I gathered. Rub some dirt in it and go on, have fun, etc.

I dunno seems like the part of Favre's game that he likes is getting knocked down and getting back up and just slinging it to make big plays. I think he understands Favre wasn't reading defenses and making adjustments. But fuck it Favre is still better than any Eagles QB anyway

Yeah I can see him liking the spirit that Favre brought to the game. He was just the total opposite of Rodgers in many ways personality wise.

What concerned me was towards the end how he mentioned the "gunslinger" and how Favre made plays and all that. I probably shouldn't be raking through the words of some kid who hasn't played his first NFL down though. Hopefully he has a desire to also model himself after the chess masters of the NFL like Peyton and Rodgers.

I'm also fairly certain (and Slo can confirm) that expressing your love for Brent revokes your right to claim Viking fandom.

I mean, ffs.

I feel like someone is going to post one of those Favre dual jersey abominations soon....

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older too

Also

Per PFT,
Panthers are awarded DT Robert Thomas on waivers from Dolphins per source.

Because six DT wasn't enough.

Gett's master plan is to just run out 11 defensive tackles on D.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Hey

squicken and I are still here! Pretty sure Mech is an old too!

I think Cajun was technically an old also

Hindl

Yeah I can see him liking the spirit that Favre brought to the game. He was just the total opposite of Rodgers in many ways personality wise.

What concerned me was towards the end how he mentioned the "gunslinger" and how Favre made plays and all that. I probably shouldn't be raking through the words of some kid who hasn't played his first NFL down though. Hopefully he has a desire to also model himself after the chess masters of the NFL like Peyton and Rodgers.

Obviously I'm biased since he's an Eagle now, but he loves the mental aspect of the game and has a great work ethic. He was making reads and calling audibles on the line in college, and in both his sitdowns with Gruden and Steve Mariucci he showed his football IQ and was able to grok and recreate the plays they drew up for him. Now obviously that's all in the confines of a single interview. But if he fails as a QB,I think it will be due to mechanical problems, not the cerebral part of the game

Top Bottom