• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bet you Jaylon Smith is a better player in 2017 than Howie's ginger savior
Of course he will be. What kind of a statement is that? Most qbs bust anyways, plus the Eagles have a nothing as head coach. On top of that wentz went to a super small school and played fcs football. If smith isn't much better in 2017 you all really fucked up.

Fox318

Kicker in the 2nd round

image.php

Of course he will be. What kind of a statement is that? Most qbs bust anyways, plus the Eagles have a nothing as head coach. On top of that wentz went to a super small school and played fcs football. If smith isn't much better in 2017 you all really fucked up.

Hey that's no fun. Eagles-GAF has been broken :(

Fantomex

I see you Pats fans are trying to be cute because MRSA is gone. Don't test me. Keep that BS patronizing, self indulging rhetoric to yourselves. You guys are cheaters. Cheaty McCheat Faces.

Hey that's no fun. Eagles-GAF has been broken :(
If you want to argue better career that is up for debate, but Wentz is a long term project even if he does develop. Smith was considered one of the best defensive players in the draft if healthy.

I really think the 4 games in their careers that lee and smith are on the field together they will be the best lbers group in the nfl.

Tom Penny

Only cost the Steelers a trip to the AFCCG. Irrelevant.

I now pronounce thee snesluck.
If Brown plays they are in the title game too. The best RB in the game doesnt change the fact that supposedly top end ones like Lynch Forte and Charles went down and it had marginal impact at all along with the other dozen or so. Give me a good oline and plug in anyone vs paying the Demarco Murrays of the world 100% of the time.

If Brown plays they are in the title game too. The best RB in the game doesnt change the fact that supposedly top end ones like Lynch Forte and Charles went down and it had marginal impact st all sling with the other dozen or so. Give me a good oline and plug in anyone vs paying the Demarco Murrays of the world 100% of the time.

Yup, Dallas got 1000 yards out of McFadden with zero passing game.

Though a different team, I'm also a little bummed we didn't do anything on D. All I heard leading up to the draft was about dline talent in this draft, and to walk away with almost none of it is disappointing. In the 7th/UDFA we got some pass rushers/secondary players, but in all likelihood they won't even make the team. I liked that we solidified the O Line, but I feel like it would've been better to get some of the defensive talent this year and use next years draft for the OL. Though for us I guess it's getting an OL together that has talent and give them a season to gel, so when Wentz starts they'll be able to keep him clean

Yeah, although I'm totally on-board with Tunsil....Tannehill would have died on the field if we didn't address that Oline. Realistically they could only beef up one side of the ball and I guess they picked offense instead of defense so we'll see how that pans out, I expect no more than 6-7 wins this year regardless of who we drafted though.

Duxxy3

Running backs dont matter. Go through all the RB that went down last year and see how irrelevant they are. So called top end RB went down and it didnt mean shit.

It matters when your starting running back just came off the junk heap (retired).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If Brown plays they are in the title game too. The best RB in the game doesnt change the fact that supposedly top end ones like Lynch Forte and Charles went down and it had marginal impact at all along with the other dozen or so. Give me a good oline and plug in anyone vs paying the Demarco Murrays of the world 100% of the time.

While I'd like to believe Brown would've made that difference, Bryant more than made up for the lost production. Bell never fumbles, that's the key.

I'm not sure that I've seen Mitch so excited about a draft pick. He said something interesting in his presser; He said that Hargrave would be playing the 3 technique in base defense. Does this mean the Steelers are going to transition to a 4 man front? Did he misspeak?

e -

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib 7m7 minutes ago

Steelers make it official with announcement of 1-year deal with Bruce Gradkowski
The way Mitchell was going on they want to give Hargrave as many snaps as possible so i doubt he mispoke. Hargrave averaged 9 sacks a year. If he's even good for half that in the pros you have to have him share time with Tuitt and Cam.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yup, Dallas got 1000 yards out of McFadden with zero passing game.

Yeah, although I'm totally on-board with Tunsil....Tannehill would have died on the field if we didn't address that Oline. Realistically they could only beef up one side of the ball and I guess they picked offense instead of defense so we'll see how that pans out, I expect no more than 6-7 wins this year regardless of who we drafted though.

"12-4"

RIP ez

That 6th round RB that the Cowboys picked up is a SPARQ monster with a score of 149.4. 220 pounds with a 4.40 40 time and a 41 inch vertical. Not bad.

Duxxy3

Pats run blocking was horrible all year. The only game they surely lost due to no running game was running on 20/23 plays like dipshits in half...

Having no threat of a running game sure didn't help against the Broncos. Ware and Miller ignored everything and just went after Tom all night.

Duxxy3

That 6th round RB that the Cowboys picked up is a SPARQ monster with a score of 149.4. 220 pounds with a 4.40 40 time and a 41 inch vertical. Not bad.

He measured well, but I wasn't blown away by his in game footage.

He'll still run for 1k behind that line.

Tom Penny

Having no threat of a running game sure didn't help against the Broncos. Ware and Miller ignored everything and just went after Tom all night.
What teams give a fuck about the Pats running game beating them? notsureifserious. Ask anybody here if they are worried about that except for Colts fans...

Spinluck

What teams give a fuck about the Pats running game beating them? notsureifserious. Ask anybody here if they are worried about that except for Colts fans...

Now now, last game you guys beat us through the air instead!

Seriously though, I wish we took a LB in the 2nd round instead of a Pagano project FS that will likely be made into a corner. Oh well. One draft at a time I guess.

The pats offense wasn't the same after Lewis went down. He was the perfect rb for the pats offense.

He was far far better than any of the other rbs they had.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'll update the poll later today to celebrate FMT's new father-dom, hopefully by resetting the votes it will let people vote again.

Top Bottom