• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would definitely fire them if they don't make the playoffs, but my guess is 8-8 is the threshold. What the draft really crystallized for me about the AFCS, is that the Colts have the worst roster in the division, except at QB. I liked their draft, but I thought the other 3 teams did much better. Obviously no one knows right now, but I think HOU is still the favorite b/c of the coaching advantage and Watt advantage

Pretty much agree with all of this.. Right now Houston is the overall favorite to me, not by a lot.. But overall the favorite. The division altogether is becoming interesting.. If this shit doesn't improve with Indy.. I wonder if he would say fuck it and leave. I doubt he would.. But I would wonder.

They have to. Maybe you give him a season of leeway to allow the rookies to adjust, but if you can't win with that WR core, Bortles, and Ramsey/Jack/Fowler anchoring your D along with all of the FA acquisitions, then the problem is at the top
That's how I see it too. With all of that and you can't pull it out.. Then it's coaching and they need to can Gus, especially considering Jack's knee.

Jacksonville could become a hot destination for coaches in this scenario.. What a time to be alive.

Duxxy3

Scar gonna cut everybody he didn't draft

I think he might keep Shaq Mason. Jonathan Cooper might stay because Scar was likely involved in the trade talks. Tre Jackson is as good as gone.

Cannon, Kline, Fleming and Chris Barker would be on the bubble.

He drafted Cannon for sure, but he's had a couple rough years. Kline might not make it because of the quality available at guard now. Fleming probably back to the practice squad. Never really saw Chris Barker.

Center is pretty solid. Assuming Scar can get Stork to stop bobbing his fucking head. If he keeps that shit up, then Andrews or Mason will take over (depending how the guards work out).

Tackle is still Solder and Vollmer. If either of them gets hurts (especially if Solder gets hurt), this will all go to hell again.

Dante has no say in who they draft. If he did they would have drafted Olineman the Pats actually need.

He absolutely has a say in which linemen they draft.

niners drafted a guy (rashard robinson) who robbed his own teammate at LSU. i guess baalke/york would rather take a risk on some bad apples again than continue to have 5-11 seasons!

MechDX

I would definitely fire them if they don't make the playoffs, but my guess is 8-8 is the threshold. What the draft really crystallized for me about the AFCS, is that the Colts have the worst roster in the division, except at QB. I liked their draft, but I thought the other 3 teams did much better. Obviously no one knows right now, but I think HOU is still the favorite b/c of the coaching advantage and Watt advantage

Squicken has a need for speed.

squicken

Squicken has a need for speed.

Miller has the lateral quickness of an All-Pro receiver; it’s as though he teleports to a spot two yards away from his defender when he cuts. His hands are excellent, and the nuts and bolts of his route running are strong. He’s a route-tipper right now, and defenders can follow his shoulders to figure out where he is going. But that’s a solvable problem.

Miller is not one of those converted quarterbacks who counts steps when he is running his routes or rounds off every break. He just needs reps and pointers.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636641-2016-nfl-draft-grades-rounds-2-3-report-card/page/55

Our boy Brax!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Didn't work, Xia.

That and we got WR for days Wes.

And because why not.. Bleacher Report put out their 2017 mock draft.
They have Cleveland at number 1 and 7 with philly's pick. The picks are..

Deshaun Watson.. And Raekwon McMillan :)

I'mokaywiththis.gif

Screw you Chuck, you don't get Raekwon. :)

Fuck I jinxed it. He's going to Pittsburgh now and then Shazier and Raekwon will be together somehow.. *pukes*

Floy, pls. Raekwon isn't making it to the 32nd pick. I'm going to need him to injure his groin in the last quarter of the championship game so he can't run at the combine. Then our Steelers have a chance!

Hopefully the poll reset worked.

Congrats again FMT, Get sleep while you can!

thanks brah! i feel worse for my wife.... baby always wants to eat eat eat!

and there is only one right selection on the poll:

ALEXJIM.jpg

jimAlex1.jpg

138614554.jpg

fuck you york/baalke

Colasante

I think he might keep Shaq Mason. Jonathan Cooper might stay because Scar was likely involved in the trade talks. Tre Jackson is as good as gone.

Cannon, Kline, Fleming and Chris Barker would be on the bubble.

He drafted Cannon for sure, but he's had a couple rough years. Kline might not make it because of the quality available at guard now. Fleming probably back to the practice squad. Never really saw Chris Barker.

Center is pretty solid. Assuming Scar can get Stork to stop bobbing his fucking head. If he keeps that shit up, then Andrews or Mason will take over (depending how the guards work out).

Tackle is still Solder and Vollmer. If either of them gets hurts (especially if Solder gets hurt), this will all go to hell again.

He absolutely has a say in which linemen they draft.

The idea that Scar has no say in which linemen are drafted is silly. Even when he was retired the past two years, he scouted and worked out linemen for the Patriots, and advocated for them to draft Bryan Stork (and I'm assuming Tre' Jackson since he also came from FSU).

I'm pretty annoyed that they drafted Joe Thuney with the intention of playing him on the interior, since the reserves behind Solder/Vollmer are so horrid and there's no real plan in place when they cut Vollmer next season, but whatever. With Scar back, the cream will rise to the top.

Duxxy3

Does not compute. You said they did not address their biggest needs therefore Dante and co dont know what they are doing and cannot even identify what they need.

Apparently they have new strategy - pray that your starters stay healthy. If they get hurt, then hey there's always next year.

Gobias

Banned
That and we got WR for days Wes.

And because why not.. Bleacher Report put out their 2017 mock draft.
They have Cleveland at number 1 and 7 with philly's pick. The picks are..

Deshaun Watson.. And Raekwon McMillan :)

I'mokaywiththis.gif

Screw you Chuck, you don't get Raekwon. :)

Fuck I jinxed it. He's going to Pittsburgh now and then Shazier and Raekwon will be together somehow.. *pukes*

Here's my insider scouting report on McMillan: Every time I went to the McDonald's on North High at 9AM he was always there. And I mean every single time.

Duxxy3

It's amazing how they consistently win games despite having no idea how to build a roster.

Having the greatest quarterback of all time helps.

And even though I bash on Bill for his drafts, he is terrific at in free agency, in negotiations, in realizing what a player has left, oh... and he's one of the greatest coaches in history.

Nobody is perfect. Not Bill. Not me. Nobody.

Floy, pls. Raekwon isn't making it to the 32nd pick. I'm going to need him to injure his groin in the last quarter of the championship game so he can't run at the combine. Then our Steelers have a chance!
Hope that remains a fantasy.

Here's my insider scouting report on McMillan: Every time I went to the McDonald's on North High at 9AM he was always there. And I mean every single time.
Treating himself to a snack.. Nothing wrong with that.

Bout to become Matthew Stafford

Top Bottom