• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JABEE

Just watched all of the Silicon Valley episodes. I'm happy Martin Starr is on a good show. Freak and Geeks was a great show.

RBH

I'm your moms official boy.

I thought you were your cousin's official boy
NH9gE7v.gif

Farooq

Banned
I agree with you guys that day 3 was definitely better than days 1 and 2. Zeke's a really good player, but the Cowboys could have done better if they went Ramsey then Henry and trade back in for Jaylon, or even not taking him at all. Also think that the RB from EMU is gonna be good for us.

I agree day 3 was their strongest. I hope they hope they start realizing the value of these late round picks. That 5th for Cassell cost us Tyrone Holmes or another player that could compete for a roster spot.

Since you mentioned DJ, I took a look at the roster and the backfield is crowded. Mcfadden, Morris, Dunbar, Smith (guess we won't be taking anymore Seattle RBs), Zeke, DJ, Malena, and Clutts. Which four make the 53? Going to be some interesting battles in camp. Is this the end of Clutts?

Edit: My bad, Cassell was traded for a 2017 5th. Cowboys 2016 5th was traded for Brice Butler, which isn't that bad except for the fact that his hamstrings are possessed by the demon of Miles Austin.

RBH

Popeyes-launches-new-Southern-Fair-Chicken-Tenders-678x381.jpg

Popeyes new Southern Fair Chicken Tenders are marinated in Louisiana seasonings before being breaded in sweet cornmeal and are available as part of a meal that includes 3 chicken tenders, one regular side, a biscuit and dipping sauce, for $4.99.

In addition to the new chicken tenders, Popeyes is also offering a new Wild Honey Mustard dipping sauce flavor to go with the new tenders.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Congrats FMT!

And I don't recall voting in this poll.....

The previous poll didn't get reset despite my attempt to 0 out the votes unfortunately. I'll probably close the poll in a bit and we'll have to wait for the next thread.

Stepping on to Xia's turf?

bruh....

RBH is licensed and approved, no worries!

See his MLB food thread as example with that damn Atlanta pizza burger monstrosity.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Killa? Muscle Hammer? Just call Miles Killebrew a Detroit Lion

Killebrew is a safety from Southern Utah who is known as one of the hardest hitters in this draft. He's huge, too, at 6-foot-2 and 217 pounds. He'll play safety for the Lions, but he's big enough to be a linebacker.

And his explosion drills tested off the chart at the combine, clocking a 38-inch leap in the vertical jump and 127-inch leap in the broad jump.

"I think he's the biggest hitter in the draft," NFL Network's Mike Mayock said after the selection.

"Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness," he began. "I froze for a second, kind of like a deer in the headlights, when I saw the phone ringing. And man, Detroit Lions?"

"I'm a part of the Detroit Lions!" he started yelling again. "I get to go into work every day as a Detroit Lion!"

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...mmer_just_call.html#incart_river_mobile_index

His highlight video has "CFB's Hardest Hitter" in the title.

Certainly the pick I'm most intrigued by. Took him early in the 4th round and passed up on some skill players.

He played at a small school (Utah State) and played at the East-West Shrine game and impressed. He lays players out and actually finishes through with tackles from the brief highlight tape I watched.

Combine numbers are off the charts but that doesn't really matter.

The article suggests he could compete with Rafael Bush opposite of Pro Bowler, Glover Quin, but I think he could take some time adjusting to the NFL. Certainly going to contribute on kickoffs and special teams day 1.

Also two notes that may give some insight into Bob Quinn:

1.) The Lions told Vernon Butler (DT) we would take him at #16 if he was still on the board and we didn't and he fell to the Panthers at #30.

2.) The Lions told Miles Killebrew we would not draft him....and we did with our first pick in the 4th round.

Fuck you, Jarvis! At least DK will be happy.

I'd be happier if Jarvis was a star.

I am a little confused though. I was certain the Steelers would draft a replacement in this draft. When they didn't I thought that was a guarantee they'd pick him up, though now I guess it makes sense since he has absolutely no leverage.

No matter what this is Deebo's last year so this begs the question - Is Jarvis on the team in 2017?

BlackGhost
The reason the Browns haven't made the playoffs in in 15 years is because they're too good.
(Yesterday, 10:59 PM)

omg

makes you think...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'd be happier if Jarvis was a star.

I am a little confused though. I was certain the Steelers would draft a replacement in this draft. When they didn't I thought that was a guarantee they'd pick him up, though now I guess it makes sense since he has absolutely no leverage.

No matter what this is Deebo's last year so this begs the question - Is Jarvis on the team in 2017?

Someone on twitter said it best. If Jarvis plays great, he'll be worth more than the Steelers will pay. If he plays poorly, he'll be let go. His only chance of being a Steeler in the future is if he plays at a just ok level.

I am starting to think the Steelers will transition to more 4 man fronts. The comments from coach Mitch combined with a lack of olb talent. Dupree and Deebo can both play with their hands on the ground. Jarvis would probably be pretty good at it. Combine those guys with Cam, Tuitt, Hargrave and Big Dan to make a pretty deep and talented front line.

jbug617

Banned
I think BG would prefer the new tag.

I just thought about it if the Cavs and Raptors win their series. It will be a battle between BG and Kave. Will that series kill any love Kave had for Cleveland?

Someone on twitter said it best. If Jarvis plays great, he'll be worth more than the Steelers will pay. If he plays poorly, he'll be let go. His only chance of being a Steeler in the future is if he plays at a just ok level.

I am starting to think the Steelers will transition to more 4 man fronts. The comments from coach Mitch combined with a lack of olb talent. Dupree and Deebo can both play with their hands on the ground. Jarvis would probably be pretty good at it. Combine those guys with Cam, Tuitt, Hargrave and Big Dan to make a pretty deep and talented front line.

The Next guy to man the Right is going to be 260 pounds minimum.

Top Bottom