• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Farooq

Banned
The Eagles are about to hire Joe Douglas as head of personnel. Someone give me info on him. Seems like the Philly media likes him.

Spent 15 years under Ozzie. Pretty good eye for o-line talent, was former o-lineman at University of Richmond. Was intrumental in the evaluation of Flacco.

Hindl

The Eagles are about to hire Joe Douglas as head of personnel. Someone give me info on him. Seems like the Philly media likes him.

Worked under Ozzie Newsome for 15 years and has been lauded as a great talent evaluator. Good hire in my opinion

"The Bears hired Douglas last May to be the college scouting director after a 15-year run with the Ravens. Pace could have blocked the Eagles' request because it does not include a general manager title. He has said that requests for employees under contract will be treated on a case-by-case basis."

So the Bears blocked the Browns request to interview Douglas but not the Eagles. That seems really odd. Where the hell has squicken been today? Place just isnt the same without him.

hqdefault.jpg

With the 26th pick in the 2016 NFL draft The Denver Broncos select Cthulhu.

"This offseason isn't the first time the Eagles have shown interest in Douglas. Chip Kelly reportedly wanted to hire Douglas last offseason but only in a role where he would have served under former vice president of player personnel Ed Marynowitz."

So Howies offseason of doing what Chip couldnt continues. Chip tried to hire this guy last year but he said no.

"This offseason isn't the first time the Eagles have shown interest in Douglas. Chip Kelly reportedly wanted to hire Douglas last offseason but only in a role where he would have served under former vice president of player personnel Ed Marynowitz."

So Howies offseason of doing what Chip couldnt continues. Chip tried to hire this guy last year but he said no.

Seem's to me that simply doing what Chip refused to is a good recipe for success.

Hindl

You're saying this like this is a purely spiteful hire, when it seems like he's one of the more respected and talented scouts in the whole league

Niceee

I guess we can forget about the idea of nobody wanting to work with Howie.

:jnc

You're saying this like this is a purely spiteful hire, when it seems like he's one of the more respected and talented scouts in the whole league
I am not sating it is spiteful at all. It is funny though that so many moves this offseason have been things that chip either didn't do, or tried but failed to do.

effzee

At least Eagles-GAF was able to get our feeling out in the open. I feel that Pep evolved these past few days.

Pep always sides with the FO. So eventually he was going to morph into a pro FO stance and he did by buying into the narrative that Sam's teammates are upset at him because of a report that only 1 guy called him.

effzee

And yet, it's been reported that only one single player on the team has reached out to Bradford since this happened.

And screw the general media. Look at what former players are saying about what they think about Bradford. Even they are pissed at him and say that most likely team mates are as well.

Roseman didn't "screw up". He hedged his bets. Turned out that hedging was unnecessary, but that's business. I don't get why people are bending over backwards to make Bradford out to be the good guy here. He was hired for a job that inherently has no guarantees. If Bradford stunk it up next season, do you think he'd be back the next one? Why do people ignore this when it's far and away the most likely outcome anyway!?

Almost all the guys who cover the Eagles reported there was feeling and vocal support to bring Sam back. He is well liked. I put a a more into that than the report that 1 player called him. That doesn't necessarily mean he went from really well liked to hated all of a sudden. It certainly doesn't mean he has lost confidence in himself, or his teammates in him, nor that they won't want to work/play with him when he does come back.

That's reading into a lone report to fit a narrative that works. Hell franchise lapdop Dave Spadaro is pushing this idea forward which should ring alarms that its just a PR tactic.

That he has a dispute with the FO and skipped "voluntary" workouts or asked for a trade is pretty normal in the NFL landscape. I doubt players are sitting there going "wow he wants to abandon us!" when all players are probably weary of the rookies and hot shots coming in to take their spots.

Pepiope

Pep always sides with the FO. So eventually he was going to morph into a pro FO stance and he did by buying into the narrative that Sam's teammates are upset at him because of a report that only 1 guy called him.
What scares me is that Sam doesn't think his teammates will back him this season. His agent even says that teammates will want the back-up if Sam fucks up.

The report that only 1 guy called him just reinforces his belief that the team as a whole doesn't mind moving on.

Aaand we're talking about Bradford again.

Can't Roger Gooddell suspend another Patriots player or something so we have a wholesome topic to discuss?

Almost all the guys who cover the Eagles reported there was feeling and vocal support to bring Sam back. He is well liked. I put a a more into that than the report that 1 player called him. That doesn't necessarily mean he went from really well liked to hated all of a sudden. It certainly doesn't mean he has lost confidence in himself, or his teammates in him, nor that they won't want to work/play with him when he does come back.

That's reading into a lone report to fit a narrative that works. Hell franchise lapdop Dave Spadaro is pushing this idea forward which should ring alarms that its just a PR tactic.

That he has a dispute with the FO and skipped "voluntary" workouts or asked for a trade is pretty normal in the NFL landscape. I doubt players are sitting there going "wow he wants to abandon us!" when all players are probably weary of the rookies and hot shots coming in to take their spots.

Dude, this was the consensus on the internet and talk radio before Dave Spadaro even had a press conference talking about it. You should have heard Ike Reese going in on Bradford the day it came out he was skipping the voluntary workout and not talking to the team. Even Michael Barkann, an unabashed Bradford fan, was going in about it. If anything the FO just picked up on the sentiment and ran with it.

RBH

It becomes a bit questionable if you have to jump through some hoops for it to work.

Not really "questionable" as long as I back up my point with evidence of said post, regardless of the means (which in this case was a Google search........not exactly "jumping through hoops"). But keep on making "joke posts" about injured players.........totally hilarious breh.

camby.png

Eagles show interest in WR Andy Jones, report says

Jones, 6-foot-1, 211 pounds ran the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds at Jacksonville's Pro Day after posting a 4.53 and 4.54 respectively during a workout at the University of Florida's Pro Day. He also recorded a vertical leap of 41.5 on Friday.

The numbers were good enough that one scout, speaking with Jacksonville.com on the condition of anonymity predicted, "He's going to be drafted. There's no doubt about it.''

Likely to be a late-round draft pick or undrafted rookie free agent, it appears that Jones strong performance both at the NFL Combine and his school's Pro Day has gotten the attention of Eagles scouts.

Too bad the Cowboys just signed him bitches! Keep taking those L's!

cdyhybrid

Not really "questionable" as long as I back up my point with evidence of said post, regardless of the means (which in this case was a Google search........not exactly "jumping through hoops"). But keep on making "joke posts" about injured players.........totally hilarious breh.

camby.png

You want to interpret a joke post about karma for cheating (which is also part of said joke) as actually celebrating an injury, that's your prerogative. I just find it hilarious that you're calling me the sensitive one when you're dumpster diving for joke posts about a game that happened three years ago. :camby: yourself breh.

This is what happens when we let our children listen to Drake, SMH. Much like the Falcons, they can dish it out but can't take it.

Top Bottom