• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Behind the Scenes of the Giants first round pick:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e=twitter.com&utm_campaign=RVacchiano+Twitter

- Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise: The Giants’ top target was Georgia linebacker Leonard Floyd, and the only real debate before the draft started was between him and Michigan State offensive lineman Jack Conklin. Everything else was a contingency plan, even if they did map those out. There was strong support for Conklin, especially from some of the coaches, but there was no directive that an O-lineman had to be the pick. It was Floyd first, Conklin second, and before the draft the Giants seemed confident at least one would be there.

- And when they weren’t there? I asked a team source for a reaction to the Titans and Bears both trading over the Giants for those top two targets (the Titans took Conklin at 8, the Bears took Floyd at 9). The response … well let’s just say it really isn’t suitable for a family newspaper. But suffice it to say they weren’t happy. “P----ed off” is how a league source described them. They didn’t panic. Like Reese said, they had played out this scenario. Besides, I think they knew the Bears and Titans were a threat to trade up for those two. I mean, everyone knew that. But I was told that if both guys were gone they thought they’d be OK because that would mean someone else from the Top 9 would fall into their laps. Unfortunately …

- If only the Top 9 player that fell to the Giants wasn’t the gas mask-wearing, bong-smoking Laremy Tunsil, everyone’s No. 1-rated offensive lineman (pre-drug video). My understanding is that he was the top OL on the Giants’ board too, and from what I can tell he was not off their board until the bong video came out. When it did, he became untouchable for them (at least in the first round). I don’t know if ownership got involved in that call, but everyone I talked to seemed to understand ownership never would’ve allowed that pick under those circumstances.

- Did the Giants reach for Eli Apple? That myth comes mostly from the fact that mock drafts had him going in the late teens or early 20s and almost nobody mentioned him in connection with the Giants. A few even had him pegged for the Jets at 20. But multiple team and league sources insist that if Apple was there, the Miami Dolphins would’ve taken him at 13. That put the Giants in a tough spot. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers had just traded down from 9 to 11, so they weren’t trading back up – especially since they wanted Florida CB Vernon Hargreaves and apparently knew the Giants weren’t taking him. That left the Giants with only one option if they wanted to be sure they’d still get Apple – a trade with the Saints at 12. GM Jerry Reese did say he had one offer to move down. It’s not known if it came from New Orleans.

- It doesn’t sound like an offensive lineman was under consideration in the second round, making it even clearer the Giants didn’t have any directive to draft one. In Round 2, the discussion centered around the man they took, Oklahoma WR Sterling Shepard, and Alabama LB Reggie Ragland, who went one pick later to the Bills, according to a team source. The Giants had a very high grade on Shepard, though, and there were linebackers they liked that they thought they could get in later rounds (including Clemson’s B.J. Goodson, whom they took in the fourth).

More at the article.

MechDX

Jimmy Irsay said Texans are the team to beat.

He knows nothing about the sleeping beast that's awakening down in North Florida!

I saw irsays comment. That sneaky fuck trying the reverse jinx. No one stands a chance vs Gatas Jags and Bort anyway. So I guess it's #Fold4Fourtnette

Line_HTX

Hey. I had forgotten about that.

:(

Truth be told, it wasn't as bothersome to me as it should given everything that happened the entire season. We were going to run into a giant brick wall at 100 mph eventually just to fucking improve and fix the fucking offense, so ehh... Not all is lost.

BG during the Wild Card round though...

"BlackGhost hit me in the nose with a football!"

:p

cdyhybrid

Yes, given how sensitive you get whenever the game gets brought up. :)

And cheering for a player getting injured is pretty low. That's pretty embarrassing in and of itself.
Responding to your post directed at me is sensitive now? :jnc

Come on son. Also I don't even remember the Sean Weatherspoon thing.

I liked when the Texans didn't even have the worst loss of the week because the next day the Bengals completely blew their only chance at a playoff win this generation

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I can't wait for the Texans to pick up EJ Manual as their "franchise QB" next year after Osweiler turns out to be a bigger fraud than Bradford.

RBH

Responding to your post directed at me is sensitive now? :jnc

Come on son. Also I don't even remember the Sean Weatherspoon thing.
Can't believe I gotta go dumpster diving for old posts, but here you go:

1yaokY2.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=115867085#post115867085

Even back then, you were still bitter about the game and calling it "cheating." :lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Guys. Guys! Let me lighten the mood with a joke.

What do you call a sad Atlanta sports fan with a burned wiener?

RBH
Fid7T.gif

Sanjuro

Last year we had Bradford injury pool. This year, we should do a best of the worst pool. Where we compile like 5-7 or so of the B/C tier Quarterbacks.

cdyhybrid

We play you guys week 11 I believe. With Bradford on the move most likely...Wentz will be playing by that point in the year. Pretty good test for him.
So they're going to make one of his first starts against the #1 defense in the league for four years running? In the loudest stadium in the league? ...Alright!

If he wins that game props to him!

Just like how the Sonics bounced out of Seattle.
Fid7T.gif

It's a shame. Us loserbros with 0% chance of winning the title need to stick together :(

Pepiope

The Eagles are about to hire Joe Douglas as head of personnel. Someone give me info on him. Seems like the Philly media likes him.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Im off that weekend I probably should. Picture with Weeden and a sign that says "Fuck you BG you basic biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!"
When is it?

Also, Spin you playing overwatch too? We should play together. A truce between Texans and Colts gaf!

Top Bottom