• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Godslay

Banned
But if your offense is scoring a bunch and also gassing the other teams D it can work great. See chips first year. 10-6 with no qb and one of the worst D's in the league. I loved what chip did on offense.

And if you aren't scoring, with those shortened drives? No benefit, in fact it's detrimental to the D.

The longer you have the ball on offense, the more their D gets tired, the more rest your D gets, and you keep their offense off the field.

I believe in a healthy TOP, if you are finishing drives of course.

Obviously you have to adapt given a game situation, but I'd rather have a good 5 minute drive for a TD than short 2 min TD drive. They aren't equal even if it's the same amount of points.

effzee

I thought Chip had something during that first game against the Redskins when he started coaching the Eagles. Michael Vick looked reborn and they won the NFC East with Foles. Then it sputtered out.

Chip went 10-6 first 2 seasons with Vick, Foles, and Sanchez.

He didn't get fired cause he couldn't coach, the NFL was too different or big for him, or that he couldn't adjust.

He got fired cause he dare cross Howie and after one terrible year with some questionable moves as a GM, Howie earned enough of Lurie's ear back to force him out.

Far worse coaches with worse coaching records get to keep their job. So long as they attend the owner'should xmas party and don't clash with a boy wonder GM.

squicken

Wtf godslay Chips offense was top 5 each of the first 2 years and only struggled last year due to the ol sucking and the wrs leading the league in drops. It is an amazing offense.

yeah I like Chip's offense. But he royally screwed up with his decisions at the guard spot, and it sunk the whole offense. They just were really bad. I think the issues are WR were not as bad, though. They had drops, but the bigger problem was Riley Cooper was the team's deep threat. He's now out of the league, forever probably

Farooq

Banned
Chip went 10-6 first 2 seasons with Vick, Foles, and Sanchez.

He didn't get fired cause he couldn't coach, the NFL was too different or big for him, or that he couldn't adjust.

He got fired cause he dare cross Howie and after one terrible year with some questionable moves as a GM, Howie earned enough of Lurie's ear back to force him out.

Far worse coaches with worse coaching records get to keep their job. So long as they attend the owner'should xmas party and don't clash with a boy wonder GM.

Firing Chip after only one year of personnel control was puzzling. Chip is inexperienced, he was obviously going to have some blunders. Giving a young coach personnel control is a longterm move. I thought Chip would at least have an opportunity to grow into the role. His first draft without Howie netted some good players and he swapped a 4th for a future 3rd.

cdyhybrid

Might not choke..

My boy T-Ross out here balling. Lighting it up and going home to Amber Rose.

Jd5obFD.png

Godslay

Banned

If it was any person lower on the totem pole they'd likely be behind bars for circumventing like that.

FBI interviewing her gives weight to a potential indictment. Do the American people really want someone like that running the country? Personally I don't. Better than Trump, but still a turd sandwich.

Erina would be ashamed at your failure.

Best of luck with what you're getting!

the average is 40 something lol :v
still much shame but pretty good considering im super rusty with math, gonna start studying to get a great score :v

also, we'll trade lynch's rights for Watt, what ya say :v

If it was any person lower on the totem pole they'd likely be behind bars for circumventing like that.

FBI interviewing her gives weight to a potential indictment. Do the American people really want someone like that running the country? Personally I don't. Better than Trump, but still a turd sandwich.
The current vote totals say that yes they do.

And for any concern on how the Dems play the election.. Look no further than this election

And if they don't want go that route.. They'll draft Biden first..

#Pray4Kave watch is still on...10.5 seconds, tie game!

Edit: That last shot :jnc :jnc :jnc
They are gonna save it.. Damn.

Godslay

Banned
The current vote totals say that yes they do.

And for any concern on how the Dems play the election.. Look no further than this election

And if they don't want go that route.. They'll draft Biden first..

They are gonna save it.. Damn.

The average voter doesn't know the mess she got herself into. Or buy into the idea that who cares it's just email. It's not some right wing conspiracy, it's basically risking national security which last I checked was serious business. Also circumventing the system.

Not to mention that she's losing steam just like she did last go around.

If they place Biden up there assuming Hillary flakes out? DNC has lost their mind.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The average voter doesn't know the mess she got herself into. Or buy into the idea that who cares it's just email. It's not some right wing conspiracy, it's basically risking national security which last I checked was serious business.

If they place Biden up there assuming Hillary flakes out? DNC has lost their mind.

I'm going to need you to take this sort of talk into one of the 5 billion poli-gaf threads in ot and get edumucated.

The average voter doesn't know the mess she got herself into. Or buy into the idea that who cares it's just email. It's not some right wing conspiracy, it's basically risking national security which last I checked was serious business. Also circumventing the system.

Hilary will be a fine president. nothing is going to come of the investigation and she will crush trump in november

Civil War probably has the best action sequence in the history of comic books movies so...

Also I want Liz Olsen to have my kids.

They did Black Panther and Spidey right (Spidey's intro was hilarious)

Damn shame
Jon Snow
had to die tho...

If zychi-ari-chao was here, he'd totally call that a spoiler

effzee

Firing Chip after only one year of personnel control was puzzling. Chip is inexperienced, he was obviously going to have some blunders. Giving a young coach personnel control is a longterm move. I thought Chip would at least have an opportunity to grow into the role. His first draft without Howie netted some good players and he swapped a 4th for a future 3rd.

Exactly.

It had far more to do with his relationship with Howie and how Lurie didn't like how he ran the organization. It was to similar to Belichek and Chip wouldn't change his practice schedule to accommodate events like the holiday party the owner Lurie is really proud of and throws every year.

I think at the end with a terrible season, questionable moves, some players not happy (mostly the guys who were shown the door), Howie saw his opportunity to get his power back. He probably told Lurie look how he messed the roster up and unless you bring me back, I am walking and looking for a GM role somewhere else.

In the off-season Howie did interview for the Jets opening and was thought to be looking to leave since Chip had taken all power.

Lurie for some reason loves Howie and gave in.

The average voter doesn't know the mess she got herself into. Or buy into the idea that who cares it's just email. It's not some right wing conspiracy, it's basically risking national security which last I checked was serious business.

The "scandal" has done nothing to change anyone's opinion about Clinton.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/views-on-hillary-clinton-and-the-email-controversy/

The server issues have also been used by Condolezza Rice and Colin Powell as well as it was standard procedure then. The emails that have been labeled top secret were not when she received and were only labeled after the fact. This is due to different labeling of what is top secret between governmental agencies.

And people will go it's just email like they have done with all the other times the Clinton's have been drug out for everything time and time again because the GOP has cried wolf so many times.

She isnt necessarily losing steam as she is almost to ten million votes.. She will finish probably under her 2008 primary totals but not by much. This is probably due to lower turnout as this is a less competitive primary this time and the fact that there is no Barack Obama on the ticket.

But this is all moot because there is no evidence to suggest that she is not going to be indicted and we will have Trump v Clinton.

Edit- And Chuck is right.. Take this to OT and let's get back to lighter fare..

Congrats Kave, the Raptors didn't choke.

Top Bottom