• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Live footage of RG3
806.gif

black-man-crying-o.gif

"I hate to break it to you RG3 but you're still on the Browns"

Browns will still draft a Qb a some point this draft. Hue was/is a big part of the Qb position in the draft.
maybe they draft another michigan state qb in the 3rd?
You know what's funny I actually thought about this the other day. What if RG3 is just tormented by Michigan State Qbs

Browns will still draft a Qb a some point this draft. Hue was/is a big part of the Qb position in the draft.

You know what's funny I actually thought about this the other day. What if RG3 is just tormented by Michigan State Qbs

Would be nice if they gambled a 2nd rounder on Hackenberg.

gutshot

I don't hate the trade on principal. I have no idea if Wentz will be any good. I've seen lots of chatter that Wentz is a better prospect than either Winston or Mariota last year, just much more raw. If the Eagles staff think he can be elite, then you go and get him.

But why, why, WHY, WHY resign Sam Bradford if you don't think he can be your franchise QB? I just don't get it.

Colasante

It's not impossible for the Browns to have two top 10 picks next draft. Considering how atrocious their roster is, they might be better off punting on QB this year and drafting Deshaun Watson next year.

I don't hate the trade on principal. I have no idea if Goff or Wentz will be any good. I've seen lots of chatter that Wentz is a better prospect than either Winston or Mariota last year, just much more raw. If the Eagles staff think he can be elite, then you go and get him.

But why, why, WHY, WHY resign Sam Bradford if you don't think he can be your franchise QB? I just don't get it.

Because he puts the team in the best position to win for the next 2 years while Wentz develops. It's not that hard to understand. There's a reason they signed him to a 2 year contract, not a 6 year contract.

Maxim726X

It's not impossible for the Browns to have two top 10 picks next draft. Considering how atrocious their roster is, they might be better off punting on QB this year and drafting Deshaun Watson next year.

Because he puts the team in the best position to win for the next 2 years while Wentz develops. It's not that hard to understand. There's a reason they signed him to a 2 year contract, not a 6 year contract.

This is an amazing trade for the Browns-- Head scratching for the Eagles.

Howie also said it was because they wanted the time to develop the QB they drafted and not feel pressured to put him in before he was ready. The concept of "investing in QBs" is interesting at least some small amount. So many teams have been doing strange trades to get even average QBs lately that maybe there's something to that idea as well.

Hahahahahahahaha

Where is your Bradford god now, Yankee?!

Hahahahahahahahaha

PhilLLLLLadelLLLLLLphia

They should add more Ls to the name of the city

gutshot

Win what? The Eagles don't have enough talent at other positions to win with a mediocre QB. And now they lack financial flexibility and future draft picks to help with that. They would have been better off using that money to get one of the free agent RBs or another guard or resign Cox or all of the above. Daniel isn't that much of a downgrade from Bradford any way. And you just know the fans are going to be clambering for Wentz as well.

Godslay

Banned
Sanchez and Hoyer to replace the legendary Peyton Manning. I feel bad for Sanders, he is on a contract year for this to happen to him like this. smh

We're a long ways off from the season. I won't be depressed if one of them starts tbh. They won't be great, but they could very well be serviceable. Eliminate Hoyer or Sanchez's TOs and they could be decent.

effzee

I don't hate the trade on principal. I have no idea if Wentz will be any good. I've seen lots of chatter that Wentz is a better prospect than either Winston or Mariota last year, just much more raw. If the Eagles staff think he can be elite, then you go and get him.

The way I see it or justify it is, they think he can be elite but they want to develop him and not ruin him by making him start right out the gate.

So they let Bradford play 1-2 seasons till Wentz is ready.

Who said this?

Please god tell me Howie didn't say this.

I hope they trade up somehow. I'd rather they pick in the 2nd round this year then hoard up on 5th round picks.

Win what? The Eagles don't have enough talent at other positions to win with a mediocre QB. And now they lack financial flexibility and future draft picks to help with that. They would have been better off using that money to get one of the free agent RBs or another guard or resign Cox or all of the above. Daniel isn't that much of a downgrade from Bradford any way. And you just know the fans are going to be clambering for Wentz as well.

They plugged enough holes at G, CB, Safety, and LB to field a competitive team. If you get above average play from your QB you make the playoffs.

You know I am no shill for this FO but that is what they did in the FA period. There isn't a single position that is a huge need right now. So that's something I guess.

Where is Kave? We have to root against Eagles Gaf for the next two years. I'm sorry friends

I'll be by your side. Booing them like they did Santa. Hell, I'll throw some batteries at them if you want (Not Jabee).

Also; the Browns now have a superior QB to the Eagles and all their draft picks. Fantastic.

Colasante

I agree that they could've implemented the same strategy with Chase Daniel alone instead of Bradford and Daniel, but the strategy itself is a sound one. Sure, it's not as easy to do the Favre-to-Rodgers transition when your starting QB isn't Favre and your roster isn't the Packers', but nonetheless, the idea of taking a raw but high upside QB and sitting him for two years behind a veteran QB is smart and forward-thinking. I get why, after Hinkie, the city of Philadelphia would be a little reticent to gamble on a strategy that requires a little vision and patience, but that doesn't mean the strategy isn't without merit.

Does signing Bradford and trading draft picks affect their ability to add talented depth?Sure, but I doubt a 2017 1st and 2018 2nd will make the difference between a Super Bowl win or not. Philadelphia is not in a "the sky is falling" situation. Hit on the draft picks you have, make smart UDFA signings, play the waiver wire game well, and sign veterans to affordable deals in free agency.

Top Bottom