• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nevermind that shit.

Here comes Mungo!
Alex Karras, the greatest Detroit Lion.

They made a Believeland 30 for 30? That show has jumped the shark.
Chuck.. The trainwreck of all trainwrecks? You have it already TiVod. Don't lie to me.

Apologies for indirect Bradford talk:

What do you guys think the chances of Wentz starting this season are? How many games?

I think Bradford starts 11 games and stinks up the joint or gets injured. Then they'll give the start to Chase Daniel for 3 games, and then give Wentz the last 2 games of the season.

I think there's a good chance Wentz starts two games this season. A lot will depend on whether or not they have a shot at making the playoffs though, which they probably don't.
Idonybelieveyou.gif

at least you didn't go into the repeated actions of how Bradford was screwed or a fuck up or Howie is an idiot and the like. I honestly appreciate it.

Just got a voicemail with an automated message saying the IRS was filing a lawsuit against me... scared shitless until I called back and a guy with a heavy Indian accent answered. I could barely hear him the room he was in was so loud. He hung up.

Looked it up online and sure enough it's a scam.

I'm going to call them back and fuck with them
Give me your credit card number and I'll handle it.

SInce squicken has now gone home the term "breading" should become the team swapping term going forward.

Can I get a second?

We would need assurance that squicken has 100% officially gone Aragorn before changing the teamjumping term.

He has verbally renounce

The Colts
The Rams
Whatever team Sam Bradford happens to be on that day

Just got a voicemail with an automated message saying the IRS was filing a lawsuit against me... scared shitless until I called back and a guy with a heavy Indian accent answered. I could barely hear him the room he was in was so loud. He hung up.

Looked it up online and sure enough it's a scam.

I'm going to call them back and fuck with them

Lol bruh come on man! How you think that was real!

Farooq

Banned
Romo is a good QB, even when Jones put together a good team he couldn't bring home a SB, he's got a few more years to get a ring, but he's a stat machine Marino, land of no rings.and he's soft, he's always one hit away from injury...

Please, he may be injury prone but he is not soft.

Romo to Jesse Holley for the go ahead FG for the win. That throw was made while playing with a punctured lung and broken ribs.

UnrulyApprehensiveDwarfmongoose-size_restricted.gif

Romo's game winning TD throw to Murray while playing with a herniated disc that was pressing on a nerve.

tony-romo-clutch-redskins.gif

I also feel the statement that Jones has put together a good team is simply not true. They won one game without a broken Romo last year. Jones may have hit on some first round picks, but they have been abysmal drafting in the following rounds. Plus the O-line from 2009-2013 was pretty shit.

Romo isn't prolific like Marino I wouldn't mention Marino and Romo in the same sentence but I get it, rings matter. However, statistically it isn't even close between Manning and Romo. Gilbride and Garrett's offensive philosophies are pretty similar. So if there is an argument that Gilbride's offense "held" Manning back, it doesn't hold water when comparing Romo and Manning. Not to mention Manning's best statistical seasons in McAdoo's offense is still not close to an average Romo season.

But there is something to be said for durability and Manning's playoff and SB performances. Romo hasn't touched what Manning has done in the playoffs and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

Damn you Montana. Romo>Manning.

You think that the Eagles having more money tied into QBs this year then any other team is a smart move by the gm?

Yes, I think hedging your bets in case you can't move up and get a QB and sacrificing cap space for a single year and having the option to eliminate 2/3rds of that cap the following year is a good idea. Putting yourself in a bad long term positions in cap is not the same as using a lot of cap for one year. Smart GMs use cap efficiently and protect cap long term. Eagles aren't in a New Orleans situation because Howie has been good with cap.

Please, he may be injury prone but he is not soft.

Romo to Jesse Holley for the go ahead FG for the win. That throw was made while playing with a punctured lung and broken ribs.

UnrulyApprehensiveDwarfmongoose-size_restricted.gif

Romo's game winning TD throw to Murray while playing with a herniated disc that was pressing on a nerve.

tony-romo-clutch-redskins.gif

I also feel the statement that Jones has put together a good team is simply not true. They won one game without a broken Romo last year. Jones may have hit on some first round picks, but they have been abysmal drafting in the following rounds. Plus the O-line from 2009-2013 was pretty shit.

Romo isn't prolific like Marino I wouldn't mention Marino and Romo in the same sentence but I get it, rings matter. However, statistically it isn't even close between Manning and Romo. Gilbride and Garrett's offensive philosophies are pretty similar. So if there is an argument that Gilbride's offense "held" Manning back, it doesn't hold water when comparing Romo and Manning. Not to mention Manning's best statistical seasons in McAdoo's offense is still not close to an average Romo season.

But there is something to be said for durability and Manning's playoff and SB performances. Romo hasn't touched what Manning has done in the playoffs and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

Damn you Montana. Romo>Manning.

I love Manning for being the american hero that he is...but yeah Romo>Manning.

effzee

More Bradford thoughts:

Chip ultimately cost the team the playoffs last year because he thought he could replace both probowl level guards on the fly with street FAs. Ruined the OLINE which resulted in one of the worst offensive lines for run blocking compared to being ranked #1 and 2 in his first 2 seasons.

We had no run game and were also trying to find chemistry with a brand new QB, RB, 2 guards, and starting WR. When one was playing well the other weren't.

Anyway I have no clue how Pederson will be as a coach but I do know/believe Chip was a really good coach who did himself in (just last year) by making too many changes in 1 off season and missing on guards he elected to keep.

If we have any semblance of a running game (due to improved OLINE play) it should benefit whoever is playing QB and the D with sustained drives. Especially without the high tempo.

I think they win 6-7 games but I wouldn't be shocked if they compete for a wildcard by winning 2-3 games more than that. A lot would have to go right plus Doug would have to be a great coach.

Greg

I really can't get into Uncharted, tried UC1 via the collection but its just not clicking at all for me.
the first Uncharted is trash by today's standards - don't let it sour you on the franchise

it was an awesome tech demo at the time, but its mechanics are so dated now there's nothing to hold it up

More Bradford thoughts:

Chip ultimately cost the team the playoffs last year because he thought he could replace both probowl level guards on the fly with street FAs. Ruined the OLINE which resulted in one of the worst offensive lines for run blocking compared to being ranked #1 and 2 in his first 2 seasons.

We had no run game and were also trying to find chemistry with a brand new QB, RB, 2 guards, and starting WR. When one was playing well the other weren't.

Anyway I have no clue how Pederson will be as a coach but I do know/believe Chip was a really good coach who did himself in (just last year) by making too many changes in 1 off season and missing on guards he elected to keep.

If we have any semblance of a running game (due to improved OLINE play) it should benefit whoever is playing QB and the D with sustained drives. Especially without the high tempo.

I think they win 6-7 games but I wouldn't be shocked if they compete for a wildcard by winning 2-3 games more than that. A lot would have to go right plus Doug would have to be a great coach.
Gardner got knocked out for the season week one against the falcons. If he doesn't get hurt I think things would have been really different. Chip dumped 2 guards and then they lost one week one, so basically they were down to their 4th guard right out of the gate.

Chapter 20, bro. Chapter 20. The gift that keeps on giving.

200x200px-ZC-7c9fd8c7_post-26056-Antonio-Banderas-computer-reac-cWjn.gif

I played Chapters 16-20 last night. My god, they are brilliant through and through. In Chapter 17 when
Nate and Elena are talking on the elevator and then you drive through that awesome scenery after their conversation
gave me Salt Lake City/giraffes from The Last of Us level feels.

effzee

Gardner got knocked out for the season week one against the falcons. If he doesn't get hurt I think things would have been really different. Chip dumped 2 guards and then they lost one week one, so basically they were down to their 4th guard right out of the gate.

Yeah and well it didn't help that he played a game of chicken with Mathis and also didn't draft a single offensive lineman to help the depth.

Your thoughts on possibly picking up Reggie Bush? I know hes old but so are all of our other running backs. I wouldn't mind him added to our rotation on the cheap since Ryan Mathews is going to give us 4-6 games tops and behind him is Sproles, Barner, and a rookie.

squicken

I don't have much faith in Pederson. I believe the reports out of KC that he was out as OC if he had stayed there. Have to hope Reich/DeFillippo know their stuff

I think hopes for a playoff push rest on Schwartz. I have always thought that he didn't get the credit he deserved for taking over an 0-16 team and making them a playoff team. He had to totally change the culture there. His defenses in Tennessee and Buffalo were good. There's talent on the Eagles D, but they have some big holes. Biggest is a lack of a pass rusher.

It's reductive to say they will be fine as long as Hicks is healthy. But that's pretty much how I feel about it. His instincts are unreal. He changes games

Spinluck

Send me your copy.

Digital friend, I can no longer keep piling on my game cases, too much hassle when moving.

Maybe MS was onto something when they tried fast forwarding the all digital trend.

Chapter 20, bro. Chapter 20. The gift that keeps on giving.

200x200px-ZC-7c9fd8c7_post-26056-Antonio-Banderas-computer-reac-cWjn.gif

It was a helluva ride.

Holy shit, Uncharted 1 was almost 10 years ago. It was ok, I commend it for trying to be different but yeah, it hasn't aged well.

UC4 however, sweet Jesus on a biscuit. My only complaint is probably the crazy amount of climbing sections. While better here than the rest of the series, it was a bit too much and sometimes killed momentum for me.

I'm also confused with gaming side because a common complaint was the shooting gallery phases in the previous games and linearity. ND addressed both of those here with some very unique encounters and more open levels but some are still pretty sour on it.

Anyway, I think this tops 2-3 for me.

MechDX

Jak now says he also loves the Texans and bought a JJ Fathead for his wall. Also he is a devout animu now and wants to Squeeeeeeeeee everyone here

MechDX

Now the conversation is getting weird. Something about a vibrator and ramen.

If anyone can work these two in together please let me know.

I played Chapters 16-20 last night. My god, they are brilliant through and through. In Chapter 17 when
Nate and Elena are talking on the elevator and then you drive through that awesome scenery after their conversation
gave me Salt Lake City/giraffes from The Last of Us level feels.

Jackman's score there is excellent, yes. It's a great score in general which makes me happy as I was concerned that removing Greg Edmonson would lead to a drop off in quality. I was pleased that Jackman maintained the main themes from the previous games in his music along with bringing plenty new to the table.

Top Bottom