• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
It was a helluva ride.

Holy shit, Uncharted 1 was almost 10 years ago. It was ok, I commend it for trying to be different but yeah, it hasn't aged well.

UC4 however, sweet Jesus on a biscuit. My only complaint is probably the crazy amount of climbing sections. While better here than the rest of the series, it was a bit too much and sometimes killed momentum for me.

I'm also confused with gaming side because a common complaint was the shooting gallery phases in the previous games and linearity. ND addressed both of those here with some very unique encounters and more open levels but some are still pretty sour on it.

Anyway, I think this tops 2-3 for me.
I enjoyed the greater focus on climbing and exploration over endless shooting galleries. I think the overall design of the game incorporates so much of the DNA that was in The Last of Us while maintaining the Uncharted formula that it finally finds the right balance he series has been aiming for for three games now. The fact that the shooty segments now offer stealth options AND the fact that a good number of encounters are entirely optional is a big help there, too.

Madagascar is a perfect example. Once you get into that jeep and realize you can go anywhere, it'll test whether you're the type of player that will rush to the next goal or take your time and experience all it has to offers (and there's a number of enemy encounters that you'll completely miss if you don't do the latter).

Our homeless problem in NYC is nowhere near as bad as it was in the 80's-90's....though that could be from giuliani basically freezing them to death.....

Believe it or not, the problem is actually the worst it's been since the 1930's.

In March 2016, there were 60,144 homeless people, including 14,654 homeless families with 23,424 homeless children, sleeping each night in the New York City municipal shelter system. Families comprise just over three-quarters of the homeless shelter population.

Bread

Banned
I have a bunch of homeless neighbors they are usually quiet except for after midnight when they have their night terrors.

There are a ton of homeless people around my work, they set up a long chain of tents, I always see the cops kick them out...they just move to another block and set up camp again.

Hunter S.

Without Chan I have no raider fans to slap around. :-(

This comes from my heart.

nfl-buffalo-bills-oakland-raiders2-850x560.jpg

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Crisco

Banned
Vernon Butler just looks like an absolute stud, I don't know how he fell all the way to 30 with his college production. Tall, long arms, big hands, and a freakishly rare combination of size and quickness. No character concerns whatsoever, comes off as a humble kid with the right attitude. Played his college ball at a small school but he isn't raw and looks like a guy that's had to learn proper technique in order to navigate constant double/triple teams.

He won't figure to play much early, but I can see him piling up some impressive numbers despite limited snaps. Coming off the bench with fresh legs against a center/guard who's already been dealing with Star and KK all game, it's going to be a horror show for the offensive line.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Lions offense looks really good...in theory

Receiving threats are still a thing in Detroit.

What the Lions gain in the loss of Calvin Johnson is a chance to strive for a brand new identity on offense. Imagine if the Lions were able to run the playbook as designed without having to change things up depending on how Calvin is defended. Name a team that knows what this Lions team even plans on doing with this receiving core. I won't lie to you. You'll miss the amazing catches and the spectacle that was Calvin. But what your team gains is really something to be excited about.

With Tate, Jones and Riddick, the Lions have three receiving threats with impressively low drop rates. Jones alone has a staggering drop rate of 1.9 percent, meaning he pretty much caught the ball every time it was thrown his way in 2015. We all know that Tate and Riddick have similar success in that category as well. The other outstanding thing to look at is that all three of these guys excel in the yards after catch category. Both Tate and Riddick are among the league's top 10 in YAC. Jones comes in at 58th among all players and 29th among receivers. If you're looking for big plays, these guys theoretically can give you all you can handle.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/5/10/11637796/the-lions-offense-looks-really-good-in-theory

More at the link about how the Lions will have, what should be or close to, the best offense this season. Barring injuries of course.

Taylor Decker is already taking reps at Left Tackle at the Lions Rookie practices. If Decker can have a solid season at Right Tackle, Bob Quinn already hit a home run on the draft.

But mostly everything I've read about Taylor Decker is he is ready to start Day 1 and not at Right Tackle. He can possibly be a dominant Left Tackle early in the season given how well he performed at Ohio State and based on how he trains and who he trains with.

On paper, IMO, this Lions offense can outscore any team in the league easily.

Top Bottom