• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Vernon Butler just looks like an absolute stud, I don't know how he fell all the way to 30 with his college production. Tall, long arms, big hands, and a freakishly rare combination of size and quickness. No character concerns whatsoever, comes off as a humble kid with the right attitude. Played his college ball at a small school but he isn't raw and looks like a guy that's had to learn proper technique in order to navigate constant double/triple teams.

He won't figure to play much early, but I can see him piling up some impressive numbers despite limited snaps. Coming off the bench with fresh legs against a center/guard who's already been dealing with Star and KK all game, it's going to be a horror show for the offensive line.

He's not a defensive end tho so...

Garbage pick.

Getts doesn't know what he's doing.

#TheNarrative

Seriously? In the little I have seen of him that attribute was absolutely what would give me the most pause.

Really? I didn't watch much of his college career but I watched his QB camp, senior bowl, and today his first day of rookie camp and his feet look incredible. He sets his feet perfectly for every throw. He is super mobile in the pocket too.
I think his feet look great here.

My problem my might be that I haven't watched a ton of game footage though.

Bread

Banned
Really? I didn't watch much of his college career but I watched his QB camp, senior bowl, and today his first day of rookie camp and his feet look incredible. He sets his feet perfectly for every throw. He is super mobile in the pocket too.
Yeah pretty sure all the pundits were saying how sloppy his footwork was

Seriously? In the little I have seen of him that attribute was absolutely what would give me the most pause.
I really liked Jerry Goffs movement in the pocket
So there is a Cat Wine Mixer tomorrow....I'm thinking of going to see if I can find my soul mate....
6wbwm8v.gif

BigAT

I mean, what are you even evaluating there? It's like a single step with no linemen. In the second video he's not even receiving a snap.

From what I saw in actual games he had a tendency to plant his feet pretty badly. As a result there were a lot of times where he didn't step into throws when he should have. He was able to make up for it because of his arm, but it seems like the type of thing that you might be able to get away with in I-AA but get punished for in the NFL. It also seems like he would focus in on a single target and set his feet for that receiver, putting him in a poor position if he had to go to another read.

Ex.:

RawSlowBlackbird.gif

JollyAcclaimedCattle.gif

Hindl

Yeah, he has good pocket awareness, but his actual footwork is really probably the weakest part of his game. He just kinda plants and throws using his natural arm strength, he doesn't really stay light on his feet unless he has to scramble. This also means sometimes he doesn't correctly lead his receivers and throws balls that they have to fight for. He also tends to play a little too recklessly. All of this is coachable, but his footwork is weak, especially compared to Goff

I mean, what are you even evaluating there? It's like a single step with no linemen. In the second video he's not even receiving a snap.

From what I saw in actual games he had a tendency to plant his feet pretty badly. As a result there were a lot of times where he didn't step into throws when he should have. He was able to make up for it because of his arm, but it seems like the type of thing that you might be able to get away with in I-AA but get punished for in the NFL. It also seems like he would focus in on a single target and set his feet for that receiver, putting him in a poor position if he had to go to another read.

Ex.:

RawSlowBlackbird.gif

JollyAcclaimedCattle.gif

Yeah this

Pepiope

Yeah, he has good pocket awareness, but his actual footwork is really probably the weakest part of his game. He just kinda plants and throws using his natural arm strength, he doesn't really stay light on his feet unless he has to scramble. This also means sometimes he doesn't correctly lead his receivers and throws balls that they have to fight for. He also tends to play a little too recklessly. All of this is coachable, but his footwork is weak, especially compared to Goff
That's what excites me with Wentz. He wasn't drafted #2 OVR because he was a huge star in college leading a major program. He had to show he had enormous talent to get where he is, and now he has top level training facilities and great QB coaches showing him how to play the position.

#WentzEra

I was just judging the only thing I could in that video, not really doing any serious judging. I am just trying to change the Eagles fan narrative off of Bradford and you are sabotaging it :(

Eleuin

Just finished it myself. Good god they nailed the finale. I couldn't have asked for a better finale for these characters.
I'm glad there was no mythical city/enemies in the end, just pirates being pirates. Also loved the use of the previous game's soundtracks when you picked up the momentos in the epilogue.

Top Bottom