• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm happy for you.

imreallynot
Mlv47li.jpg

anyone else prefer stick?
I had an old BMW 3 series that I loved that was a standard.

chicks loved it but none of my stupid friends could drive it

I do...I loved my old stick 3 series...I miss her so much and yeah girls flocked to it...I would always hear "oh can you show me how to drive stick??" You bet I did....
I didn't, I actually didn't let anyone drive it

Sucks that they are harder to find in the newer models.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ask Kyle: A defense of Eric Ebron, and what to expect from him in Year 3

Q: In an effort to silence the Eric Ebron haters out there, can you track his progress compared to other TE in first 2 seasons?

A: Ebron continues to disappoint many fans, which I understand, given the incredible amount of talent selected right behind him. Odell Beckham anyone? Aaron Donald? There's no question Martin Mayhew screwed up that pick.

But I think it would surprise some to see how Ebron's production stacks up against the top tight ends in other draft classes. Because according to those guys, he's right on track, and perhaps even slightly ahead of schedule at his position.

Continued...

Now let's look at Year 2. Our pool of 10 tight ends averaged 45.4 catches for 480.8 yards and 4.1 touchdowns in their sophomore campaigns. (Not including Cincinnati's Tyler Eifert, who was limited to one game by injury.)

Ebron in Year 2: 47 catches for 537 yards and five touchdowns

In other words, for as much hate as Ebron has taken — some of his own doing, given his early immaturity — he's actually produced at a pretty regular level for a highly drafted tight end. And last season, he was actually better than average.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...se_of_eric_ebr.html#incart_river_mobile_index

I think Ebron will be good for around 700-800 yards with potentially double digit TDs given how big of a threat he is in the red zone. His numbers would possibly be higher on another team but Stafford will be dishing the ball to Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, Theo Riddick so statistics will be dispersed pretty evenly among those four players, IMO.

More at the link also discussing extensions for players drafted in the Lions 2013 draft.

ESPN recently ranked the top draft class of 2013 and for some reason the Chargers came out #1 on their list with the Lions at #2.

Ezekial Ansah, Darius Slay, Larry Warford, Devin Taylor, Sam Martin and Theo Riddick. All expect Devin Taylor are Pro Bowlers or borderline Pro Bowlers and Devin Taylor made a huge leap last year with 8 sacks or so opposite of Ansah who had 14.5 sacks.

The Lions 2013 draft class is one of the best draft classes of the last 20 years.

anyone else prefer stick?
I had an old BMW 3 series that I loved that was a standard.

chicks loved it but none of my stupid friends could drive it
It's the only thing I drive, prefer it over automatic. Chicks do ask about it, if it's difficult and that jazz.
Also all the work trucks are stick so whatever, good thing I enjoy driving that.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Catching Believeland on ESPN2 right now. I just want to give Ernest Byner a hug, geez.

How 'bout that UFC title, though!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Missed Believeland, I'll watch it later but the Cavs have a shot at beating either OKC or GS. They'll be underdogs against the Warriors but the Cavs are healthy this time and Lebron will go into beast mode and put the team on his back like he did the last Finals. This time though he'll have Love and Irving.

I hope they win, Cleveland has gone 60+ years without a professional title.

jbug617

Banned
Spent most of the day playing UC4. It's the best UC game but I'm more invested in the story than the gameplay. The set pieces are fantastic. I have a feeling that they are stretching this thing out though. I am at ch 15 and I know there is
22 ch
but i don't know how they are going to get through
more chapters.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This Believeland repeat just went through the Indians' two '90s World Series losses followed by the Browns moving, all things I lived through, and now I need a hug.

Honestly I watched the press conference. He said the rookies need to catch up with the rest of guys. Then someone asked a question directly about Coleman after and he responds "colemans one of the guys I'm talking about" some reporter asks later if it's a bad thing, coach responds " in no means is it a bad thing, there just not were we as the Browns want them to be" as the other guys have been in here for weeks.

It's a slow time, you know how the media is. Especially the Cleve media. It's really not a big deal story like "omg Corey was eating cheeseburgers all summer, didn't train at all" like it sounded. Next day Corey was asked about the camp, and he agreed.

But you're making me sound like a homer now :/ so I'm gonna go fight some Goats. I think the kids now a days call what I'm doing right now as being "A Mech". That's not good

vxG6DKK.jpg

I have nothing against Brock, but he does not hold that look well.

Don't try and be something you're not, bud.

Props to him for doing the charity thing.

EDIT: Do we have any pictures of Peyton Manning in a cowboy hat?

EDIT2: found it
Q5QWgva.jpg

squicken

Chesney!

But you're making me sound like a homer now :/ so I'm gonna go fight some Goats. I think the kids now a days call what I'm doing right now as being "A Mech". That's not good

Actually I really appreciate you providing the context for those quotes. Florio frames it that he was called out directly, and reading MKC's story, she leaves it so that one could draw that conclusion. Now that the old regime is gone, I want nothing but the best for you guys. Hope you win the division!

Top Bottom