• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

RBH

CinZ0y_UUAEDnfY.jpg

yCVdzD4.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Seattle tears and SF tears are both delicious so go Thunder

I'm worried about Wienkster fellas. He might need an intervention soon from playing Stellaris.

I think I've got it out of my system

I've finally played it long enough that I hate the limitations and the pacing of the game. Galaxy conquests are slow, painful, and boring...at least while playing as the space nazis.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

I've finally played it long enough that I hate the limitations and the pacing of the game. Galaxy conquests are slow, painful, and boring...at least while playing as the space nazis.

Now you just killed it for me too. ):

cdyhybrid

You truly are a Pats fan.

Only a Pats fan could root for literal criminals.

Farooq

Banned
Nice read, thanks for posting it.

If you go to his twitter feed (@mathbomb) you can find RAS of every player drafted this year. Easily searchable (twitter search prospects name with #ras).

In the comments section of the blog post he writes the following,

It’s true that OT, OG, DE, and DT seem to have the biggest correlation with RAS. They aren’t the only ones that have a bigger than expected correlation, though, as CB and TE have pretty high correlation. WR, RB, and LB do as well, though it’s not as pronounced as the others. OC, and FS/SS have a small correlation, but not enough that I’m super confident in it as a metric yet. Only quarterback has no correlation at all.

On twitter he posted RAS of first round players from 2005-2015 with some 2016 prospects and their RAS.

DT:

CfFUbPuWAAADldD.jpg

DE:

CfFTfvbWsAAOD0j.jpg

OT:

CfFSKryWIAAv2bU.jpg

According to the author a high RAS doesn't necessarily mean you have a good player, however a player with a RAS below 5.00 has long odds to be successful.

Zach Whitman who back calculated Nike's SPARQ forumla came to a similar conclusion (using pSPARQ) when looking at his own data. That is why teams should be playing the odds especially at edge and OT.

Mebane talking smack because chargers offense and defense have more high draft pick players playing while Seahawks has more low draft players on the team.

I mean I get it, gotta talk up your new team but come on man.

mebane plz

squicken

We have heard of SPARQ as a weight adjusted measure of athleticism. Kent Lee Platte has come up with another neat system to compare athleticism, he calls it RAS or Relative Athletic Score.

Pretty neat. http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...[/QUOTE] Very cool. Thanks for posting it

Striker

At least the NBA playoffs will be interesting now.

Saw this on Leonard Floyd

(DC) Fangio said that Floyd is expected to play somewhere between 230-235 pounds during his rookie season and Floyd says that the team has provided him with a nutrition plan centered on eating a lot to get him to the desired weight. Floyd said that the plan instructs him to eat “every couple hours.”

“I’ve got prompts set up on my phone of times in the day that I’m supposed to eat,” Floyd said, via ESPN.com. “I [have to] make sure I eat at the times when I get the alarm. … Weight bar, protein shake

Top Bottom