• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

squicken

Washington Post: New poll finds 9 in 10 Native Americans aren’t offended by Redskins name

The survey of 504 people in every state and the District reveals that the minds of Native Americans have remained unchanged since a 2004 poll by the Annenberg Public Policy Center found the exact same result. Responses to The Post’s questions about the issue were broadly consistent regardless of age, income, education, political party or proximity to reservations.

Among the Native Americans reached over a five-month period ending in April, more than 7 in 10 said they did not feel the word “Redskin” was disrespectful to Indians. An even higher number — 8 in 10 — said they would not be offended if a non-native called them that name.

DC Sports blog: Redskins name poll ought to quiet vitriol, even if it won’t end debate

One poll, though, is unlikely to sway the partisans, whose past rhetoric will be hard to reverse. What percentage of Native Americans would have to register their non-offense before Redskins critics admit this issue isn’t one of obvious racism? Ninety-five percent? Ninety-eight percent? On the other hand, how many Native Americans would have to say the word is disrespectful before Redskins defenders admit it’s complicated? Two million? Three million? Can all the passion and publicity spent on this issue instead be poured into, say, Native American poverty?

Meanwhile, some Redskins critics will look at this poll and see a team name that hundreds of thousands of Native Americans find offensive and disrespectful. Name defenders will be emboldened, seeing millions more who don’t mind, who think this issue isn’t important, and who have been ignored by their leaders.

In other words, while the poll provides a twist, I fear the response will be entirely predictable.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
if the Packers don't win 11 games, they are trash

Yeah our schedule is pillow soft.

Ez said 11-13 wins, Bucket also thought 12-4 on twitter.

I still think 14 is a real possibility. It's all based on what the offense can do next season assuming that the defense holds up.

Youtube now has a trial for red for 99 cents for 3 months.

Paid for it with money I got filling out Google Ad survey's.

Gotta say Google Music is such an upgrade over Amazon Prime.
Where! I'm actually looking for this cause those ads are annoying
Edit: nvm new subscribers I assume :/
Edit: I got it woo. No ads for three months :'v

MechDX

Yeah our schedule is pillow soft.

Ez said 11-13 wins, Bucket also thought 12-4 on twitter.

I still think 14 is a real possibility. It's all based on what the offense can do next season assuming that the defense holds up.

So you all agree the Packers will be swept by the AFCS? Good. Realization has set in

MechDX

For all the shit we give them, the Vikings historically haven't been too much of a clown shoes organization. Their all time W-L record is probably over .500.

We'll end up losing to the Jaguars because Packers.

That will be a long week following that. Gata will be strutting around here like he owns the place.

Sephzilla

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-fan-says-aaron-rodgers-is-ruining-the-game-of-football/

Packers-Aaron-Rodgers-editor-05-18-16.png

TJj1DVs.gif

For all the shit we give them, the Vikings historically haven't been too much of a clown shoes organization. Their all time W-L record is probably over .500.

You're actually right, they're 449-379-10. Every NFC North team has a winning record except the Lions (it's also worth nothing that Tampa Bay has a losing record as a franchise and they spent most of their existence as part of the NFC Central).

Their playoff record, however, is 19-28 including 0-4 in Super Bowls. Funny enough, the NFC North's win percentage drops come playoff time. The Packers are the only team in the division with a winning playoff record.

Sephzilla

Smells like one of those Bears fans living in Wisconsin that got on the bandwagon back in 85.

You might be right. The salt from Bears and Vikings fans regarding Rodgers getting free plays is real as fuck. Honestly Favre wasn't that bad at getting a free five yards either.

squicken

What's the next rung on the ladder for Munn? Rodgers might be the best QB to ever play the position so that's going to be hard to beat

Hindl

Vegas Win Totals for 2016

GB, SEA, PITT, NE, CAR 10.5
AZ, KC, MIN, IND, CIN, DAL 9.5
Denver 9
BAL, HOU, OAK 8.5
NYG, NYJ, BUF 8
TB, LAR, CHI, JAX, WAS, ATL 7.5
DET, MIA, NO, PHI, SD 7
TEN, SF 5.5
Cleveland 4.5

Sounds perfect for Philly. 7 wins is pretty much exactly where I have them. Absolute ceiling they have is 9 wins, and floor is probably around 5

Line_HTX

John Cena ‏@JohnCena 11m11 minutes ago

Honored and excited to host the 2016 @ESPYS. Wednesday, July 13 will be a date to remember, I promise that.

Mindlog

:jnc That one was too easy.
Vegas Win Totals for 2016

GB, SEA, PITT, NE, CAR 10.5
AZ, KC, MIN, IND, CIN, DAL 9.5
Denver 9
BAL, HOU, OAK 8.5
NYG, NYJ, BUF 8
TB, LAR, CHI, JAX, WAS, ATL 7.5
DET, MIA, NO, PHI, SD 7
TEN, SF 5.5
Cleveland 4.5
Hot tips:
Take the OVER on CAR
Take the UNDER on IND
Stay away from Denver
Stay away from these teams
Take the UNDER on NYJ
LOCK OF THE CENTURY OVER on TB
DOUBLE LOCK OF THE CENTURY UNDER on ATL. Pound the under and pound it hard. Free money.

Browns will fuckball their way to 8 wins this season. Over on them is also free money.

:jnc That one was too easy.

Hot tips:
Take the OVER on CAR
Take the UNDER on IND
Stay away from Denver
Stay away from these teams
Take the UNDER on NYJ
LOCK OF THE CENTURY OVER on TB
DOUBLE LOCK OF THE CENTURY UNDER on ATL. Pound the under and pound it hard. Free money.

Browns will fuckball their way to 8 wins this season. Over on them is also free money.
There's Fuckball and then there's voodoo magic. This would qualify as voodoo magic

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
John Cena ‏@JohnCena 11m11 minutes ago

Honored and excited to host the 2016 @ESPYS. Wednesday, July 13 will be a date to remember, I promise that.

A dying channel makes a deal with a dying form of entertainment. Put Vince in charge of the programming!

Top Bottom