• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
[/b]I mean, the Panthers will "regress" because winning 15 games just isn't something you can do 2 years in a row. I wouldn't pick them to get back to the SB just because the playoffs are a crapshoot for any team that doesn't have the greatest defense since the 2000 Ravens.

But on talent, they will be a stronger 53 than they were last year[/QUOTE]
Glad to see that you agree.

squicken

CAR's defense carries that team, though Cam got a lot better down the stretch. I don't see any threats to them in that division that would make me think they can't win 10+ games. I'd probably pencil them in at 10-6, but that's too close to think an under bet is a good idea

Line_HTX

Ci1myyXUkAAJQid.jpg:large

Wienke? Time to get the boat ready.

Hmm... That darkest red spot is heading straight for Sugar Land...

Hindl

CAR's defense carries that team, though Cam got a lot better down the stretch. I don't see any threats to them in that division that would make me think they can't win 10+ games. I'd probably pencil them in at 10-6, but that's too close to think an under bet is a good idea

I dunno, I could see them going 12-4. I see them probably going 4-2 within the division, and then look at the other teams they play. I'd give them wins over the Raiders, Chargers, Redskins, Rams and 49ers, and I think they can win 3 of Broncos, Cardinals, Seahawks, Vikings and Chiefs. Maybe I'll meet halfway and say 11-5

Drakeon

So he likes Creed?

No sir, I don't like that.

Are they even around? That band was big in like....99

Isn't this something akin to what the panthers players were doing re: Creed Bombing? I wouldn't be shocked if Josh Norman brought it to Washington.

Hunter S.

Today has been filled with the same reply over and over with numerous people. I mention anything off the script, goes right back to the stock response.

My office is so small you talk too loud and you tell the whole office. Unfortunately, I am a naturally loud person. lol

Here's a game:

Take the four starting QBs from a division, throw their names in a hat and randomly draw one. That's your QB. Which division do you choose? Which would you choose last?

I'd choose NFC South first, NFC West last.

I wouldn't mind Cam, Jameis, Brees or Ryan. NFC North would probably be my second choice, although aside from Rodgers it's just OK. AFC East would probably be my second to last pick.

Glad to see that you agree.

Yes, the Panthers will win less than 17 games next year. Tragic underperformance.

And I don't believe in the SB loss hangover either. We like our narratives and our theories and that one neatly covers up a much more simple truth: It's really hard to attain that level of success two years in a row. How many SB winners have gotten back to the Owl the next year? Not that many.

cdyhybrid

Here's a game:

Take the four starting QBs from a division, throw their names in a hat and randomly draw one. That's your QB. Which division do you choose? Which would you choose last?

I wouldn't mind Cam, Jameis, Brees or Ryan. NFC North would probably be my second choice, although aside from Rodgers it's just OK. AFC East would probably be my second to last pick.
I'd agree with you. Jets hold the AFCE back, and Denver is a huge question mark in an otherwise solid division.

Here's a game:

NFC North for Rogers, Cutler is like Ryan, TB like Jamies, the only downside would be getting stuck with Fatty over Brees but Brees is done anyways, I'd rather take the chance on Rodgers. I'd take AFC North as my second. AFC East is dead last because fuck getting Tom Brady and outside of Tannehill, LMAO @ the other QBs in the division. Although AFC South would be last if they didn't have Luck or if he was still hurt.

squicken

NFCN for Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford and Teddy. NFCW is indeed the worst. Russ, Palmer's corpse, and a bunch of poo

I dunno, I could see them going 12-4. I see them probably going 4-2 within the division, and then look at the other teams they play. I'd give them wins over the Raiders, Chargers, Redskins, Rams and 49ers, and I think they can win 3 of Broncos, Cardinals, Seahawks, Vikings and Chiefs. Maybe I'll meet halfway and say 11-5

Last year their defensive stalwarts were mostly healthy. Their OL avoided injury. Their backs stays healthy. They lost Benjamin for the year, but otherwise they had very good injury luck. Those extra playoff games start piling up.

Of course every team is at the mercy of injuries, but CAR can't expect to have the good fortune it had last year

MechDX

Here's a game:

NFC North for Rogers, Cutler is like Ryan, TB like Jamies, the only downside would be getting stuck with Fatty over Brees but Brees is done anyways, I'd rather take the chance on Rodgers. I'd take AFC North as my second. AFC East is dead last because fuck getting Tom Brady and outside of Tannehill, LMAO @ the other QBs in the division. Although AFC South would be last if they didn't have Luck or if he was still hurt.

AFCS should be the top choice simply because all 4 QB's are young and have good basic skill sets.

The AFCE should be most avoided. Brady is old, Tyrod isnt that great, Geno Smith and freakishly small handed Tannehill

Personally I would choose the NFCW. You just can't pass a chance at the best young QB in the game in Russell

I think Jameis is going to be a much better QB than TB, and Ryan seems like a positive force in the locker room unlike Cutler. Brees seems like he has 1-2 great seasons left in him until he completely falls apart.

Bias against Brady aside, I'm not as down on Tyrod as others seem to be. The Jets are obviously in a bad spot QB wise.

With NFC West you get either Choke Palmer, Jared Goff, Blaine Gabbert or if you're lucky Russell Wilson.

AFC North would be a strong consideration but every QB in that division got hurt last year.

So it looks like this might be why Sproles is holding out:

Chip Kelly and the San Francisco 49ers could be interested in acquiring Philadelphia Eagles running back Darren Sproles.
Sproles has stayed away from the Eagles workouts as trade rumors have swirled during the offseason. Sproles played for Kelly in Philadelphia during the 2015 season and the Eagles have jettisoned more than a few Kelly-acquired players after Kelly was fired. Kelly denied - sort of -
any interest in Sproles.

"I've had nobody call me from Philadelphia since December," Kelly told reporters Tuesday.
However, a report surfaced that while Kelly's "nobody call me" statement might be true, the San Francisco 49ers did reach out to the Eagles regarding Sproles, according to a report.

"I know the San Francisco 49ers did reach out," NFL reporter Ben Allbright said on 94WIP radio station in Philadelphia. "I know Chip Kelly said that he hasn't talked to anybody...he's not the one making phone calls over there these days anyway."

Sproles, 32, is one of the most versatile players in the league and would help the 49ers.
Sproles rushed for 328 yards and three touchdowns, caught 55 passes for 388 yards and one touchdown, and he returned two punts and one kickoff for touchdowns in 2015.

The 49ers could use a mutli-talented player like Sproles, but would Philadelphia general manager Howie Roseman be willing to assist his former nemesis (Kelly) rebuild his team? Based on the emnity that existed between the Kelly and Roseman in Philadelphia in 2015, a trade seems unlikely.

Hindl

Yeah probably NFCN. I could see an argument for AFCS being 3 depending on how the QB development goes, but you have Luck, Mariota, and Bortles. And Brock is probably not going to be terrible.

NFCN for Rodgers, Cutler, Stafford and Teddy. NFCW is indeed the worst. Russ, Palmer's corpse, and a bunch of poo

Last year their defensive stalwarts were mostly healthy. Their OL avoided injury. Their backs stays healthy. They lost Benjamin for the year, but otherwise they had very good injury luck. Those extra playoff games start piling up.

Of course every team is at the mercy of injuries, but CAR can't expect to have the good fortune it had last year

Yeah, this early I tend to discount injuries and just assume every team will be 100% healthy. Stupid I know, but projecting W/L records this far out is pointless anyway. But I just feel that injuries could just as easily affect CAR's opponents as themselves. They did have a remarkably healthy team though

So it looks like this might be why Sproles is holding out:

Counterpoint from the man himself:

Darren SprolesVerified account
‏@DarrenSproles
I'm holding out because I want a long term deal ���������� who's telling these people there information

Darren SprolesVerified account
‏@DarrenSproles
Totally False

https://twitter.com/DarrenSproles/status/733085194979151872

I think Jameis is going to be a much better QB than TB, and Ryan seems like a positive force in the locker room unlike Cutler. Brees seems like he has 1-2 great seasons left in him until he completely falls apart.

Bias against Brady aside, I'm not as down on Tyrod as others seem to be. The Jets are obviously in a bad spot QB wise.

With NFC West you get either Choke Palmer, Jared Goff, Blaine Gabbert or if you're lucky Russell Wilson.

AFC North would be a strong consideration but every QB in that division got hurt last year.

You're right about Cutler although he supposedly improved last year but getting Rodgers would be too good to pass up considering the other options aren't that much better than Cutler/TB/Fatty, but yeah NFCW is strong contender for dead last, I mean AFCS has Luck and then Brock...Marriota...Bortles...I'd rather take my chances with the corpse of Palmer than any of those 3.

MechDX

You're right about Cutler although he supposedly improved last year but getting Rodgers would be too good to pass up considering the other options aren't that much better than Cutler/TB/Fatty, but yeah NFCW is strong contender for dead last, I mean AFCS has Luck and then Brock...Marriota...Bortles...I'd rather take my chances with the corpse of Palmer than any of those 3.

Brock 10 inch hands

Mariota 10 inch hands

Bortles 10 inch hands

Ryan Tannehill 9 inch hands

You-Salty.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Alabama offers scholarship to 8th-grade LB prospect Jesus Machado

Alabama offered a football scholarship to eighth-grade linebacker Jesus Machado on Monday, his high school head coach Dennis Marroquin told ESPN.com.

It's not the first time a young prospect has been offered a scholarship, and certainly won't be the last, but it is still a very rare occurrence.

The Crimson Tide aren't the only ones interested in Machado, a 6-foot, 195-pound defensive prospect from Hialeah (Florida) Champagnat Catholic School. In addition to his new Alabama offer, Machado also has verbal offers from Iowa State, Michigan State, NC State and West Virginia.

Current five-star linebacker prospect Dylan Moses made headlines in February 2013, when he earned an offer from LSU as an eighth-grader. Moses went on to commit to the Tigers, but he eventually backed off of that pledge and is now open in his process.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ighth-grade-linebacker-prospect-jesus-machado

giphy.gif

Can't we at least wait until he plays a down in High School football, Saban?

I guess the only plus for players getting recruited in middle school is if their high school career doesn't exactly turn out to be a 5 Star career other big colleges will still pick him up.

Top Bottom