• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 1h1 hour ago
Source: Depending on 2nd opinion, Jags' Jalen Ramsey could miss 4-6 weeks or 4-6 months. Two possible treatment options.

Hopefully its the 4-6 weeks option for him.

squicken

He had microfracture surgery on that same knee in HS. Long career and life ahead of him. He should take the long view, whichever recommendation it is

MechDX

Stop spamming you jerks.

Sorry ):

the_master_by_soulstrifer-d64pot9.jpg

NFL returning $723K for sponsored military tributes

The NFL is returning more than $700,000 of taxpayers' money that was paid to teams for sponsored military tributes.

After being criticized for "paid patriotism," in which money came out of the armed forces budget for various measures of public recognition during games, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that the league would pay that money back.
Last year, Flake and McCain disclosed that the U.S. Department of Defense had spent $5.4 million in contracts with 14 NFL teams from 2011 to 2014. Some of those contracts disclosed that payment was for on-field flag ceremonies and tributes to welcome home veterans. One team, the Atlanta Falcons, had made more than $1 million from the department over those four seasons.

image.php

Good move on the NFL's part. Pretty screwed up practice.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions third-rounder Graham Glasgow expects to push Travis Swanson

ALLEN PARK -- With the selection of Graham Glasgow, the message is clear. New Detroit Lions GM Bob Quinn is putting Travis Swanson on notice.

And Graham Glasgow appears to have gotten that message.

"My expectation for the season is to essentially be the best player that I can be, improve and really just push Travis," he said last week. "I guess we'll see what happens on opening day."

Swanson, a third-round pick in 2014, was brought in by former GM Martin Mayhew to be the centerpiece of a succession plan at center. The idea was Swanson play behind aging veteran Dominic Raiola for a year, learning the ropes and whatnot, then move into the starting lineup in 2015.

Sure enough, the Lions declined to bring back Raiola last season and inserted Swanson at center. But the results were disastrous. Swanson was among the worst starting centers in the game, ranking 33rd according to ProFootballFocus, and Detroit finished 19th in the league on rushes up the middle (3.9 yards per attempt).

In short, he was the worst player on the team's worst unit.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...nd_pick_graham.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Graham Glasgow is the most Scottish sounding name ever.

I love the confidence he already has trying to get that Starting Center job Day 1.

In Travis Swanson's defense though, he had to learn a needlessly complex Joe Lombardi playbook as a rookie essentially and was playing through a shoulder injury for most of the season which required offseason surgery.

Bob Quinn, uncharacteristically, put both Riley Reiff and Travis Swanson on notice and proceeded to draft Taylor Decker in the first round and Glasgow in the third round.

A lot of high round picks spent on offensive lineman the last few seasons. The Lions have the 2nd youngest offensive line in the league.

I'm worried about the learning curve and transition some Decker, Glasgow and Joe Dahl (Rd. 5) will have from Weeks 1-4.

Our first 4 weeks is a tough schedule with 3 games on the road against the Colts, Packers and Bears.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I want to make the beer in my fridge great again so no thanks.

Corona is more acceptable tho

Honestly the popular Mexican beers really miss something without lime and salt for whatever reason.

Redd's Apple is pretty good if it's warm where you're at. The Cranberry was amazing but I don't think they still make it.

Ponn

Banned
All I could do watching the news about the Jags was burst out laughing, that shit is just too funny. I'm seriously considering my theory now that their top draft picks are injuring themselves or getting out of shape before season just so they don't have to play for our shitty team.

Dude I'm pretty sure I warned people in this thread about that shit long before you got hammered on it.

It's so damn sweet and tasty with like zero alcohol flavor...it's really rough.
The one time I had it, it was good. But its way too sweet. Not something I'd want to have more then 1 of
It's a good thing Grover was still in preschool when the OG Four Loko was still around. I don't think he'd be with us anymore.
Worst hang overs ever. Guaranteed to feel like shit in the morning.

They were kinda bad tasting too lol, tebow help you if they got warm.

For you married folks, would you ever consider going out with your friends on the night of your wife's birthday?

Trying to figure out if my sister's husband is a dick

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
For you married folks, would you ever consider going out with your friends on the night of our wife's birthday?

Trying to figure out if my sister's husband is a dick

lol

Wouldn't do that in any relationship unless she was working late or otherwise indisposed and you're planning on celebrating on another night.

Even then if that was my plan, I'd surprise her with lunch or breakfast in bed....something.

Top Bottom