• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

jmdajr

Ci1myyXUkAAJQid.jpg:large

Wienke? Time to get the boat ready.

Fuck yeah. Just in time to when I go catch my bus later. I heard swimming is a good workout.

BigAT

Alabama offers scholarship to 8th-grade LB prospect Jesus Machado

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ighth-grade-linebacker-prospect-jesus-machado

http://media.giphy.com/media/Pr3jpBoQLuovu/giphy.gif[img]

Can't we at least wait until he plays a down in High School football, Saban?

[B]I guess the only plus for players getting recruited in middle school is if their high school career doesn't exactly turn out to be a 5 Star career other big colleges will still pick him up.[/B][/QUOTE]

That's not true in the least. None of those offers are binding and right now there is nothing that guarantees him a scholarship anywhere. If he has a couple of bad knee injuries in high school you can bet those offers would disappear.

College coaches shouldn't even be allowed to talk to middle schoolers, let alone offer them scholarships. It's ridiculous and pretty gross honestly.

Jags are cursed. Feel bad for them.

Hopefully Ramsey isn't out too long, could be a few weeks or a few months depending on what type of surgery they do (repair or clean-up.)

So he likes Creed?

No sir, I don't like that.

Are they even around? That band was big in like....99
I think barely. They have shows here and there or some shit like that.

Having terrible taste in music is a good sign for a quarterback. Peyton Manning probably listens to Dave Matthews and shit.
There's terrible music.. And then there's creed Ninja.

Here's a game:

Take the four starting QBs from a division, throw their names in a hat and randomly draw one. That's your QB. Which division do you choose? Which would you choose last?

I'd choose NFC South first, NFC West last.

I wouldn't mind Cam, Jameis, Brees or Ryan. NFC North would probably be my second choice, although aside from Rodgers it's just OK. AFC East would probably be my second to last pick.
NFC North #1

Last.. I'd take the NFC West last.

Sanjuro

My office is so small you talk too loud and you tell the whole office. Unfortunately, I am a naturally loud person. lol

I'm same kind of.

Also, just got an email from that said supervisor. Every sentence ended with an exclamation point. Basically that means "fuck you fuck you fuck you" in real talk.

Small tear? my mother was diagnosed with a small tear, turns out the she needed to have Meniscus Root Repair, she can't bend her knee for 2 weeks...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That's not true in the least. None of those offers are binding and right now there is nothing that guarantees him a scholarship anywhere. If he has a couple of bad knee injuries in high school you can bet those offers would disappear.

College coaches shouldn't even be allowed to talk to middle schoolers, let alone offer them scholarships. It's ridiculous and pretty gross honestly.

I agree with you and none of the scholarships are binding like you said but Machado has already gotten the notice of Saban putting him on the national map.

Even if he had a couple of bad knee injuries, unless they're career ending, he'll at least get a scholarship from a Division II school. A scholarship is a scholarship but I don't think this is good for any kids getting attention for football at 8th grade.

Who knows how he'll respond to all the media attention and attention from just being a great football player already being recruited by one of the nations best college programs.

If the kid doesn't have a grounded family around him it's a recipe for disaster.

It's basically the same shit that goes on with soccer clubs here. Barcelona signing 4 year old kids to their youth teams and are selling them to other clubs, although they are trying to ban this right now and Barcelona got a transfer for it.

MechDX

It's basically the same shit that goes on with soccer clubs here. Barcelona signing 4 year old kids to their youth teams and are selling them to other clubs, although they are trying to ban this right now and Barcelona got a transfer for it.

What the hell is a "transfer"?

What the hell is a "transfer"?

In professional football, a transfer is the action taken whenever a player under contract moves between clubs. It refers to the transferring of a player's registration from one association football club to another. In general, the players can only be transferred during a transfer window and according to the rules set by a governing body. Usually some sort of compensation is paid for the player's rights, which is known as a transfer fee. When a player moves from one club to another, their old contract is terminated and they negotiate a new one with the club they are moving to, unlike in American, Canadian and Australian sports, where teams essentially trade existing player contracts. However, in some cases, transfers can function in a similar manner to player trades, as teams can offer another player on their squad as part of the compensation.

Top Bottom