• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Striker

OssmSCc.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What you hoping for at 8?

Jack, Ramsey, Buckner I think are what I'm eyeing. I'll have to do more research now though, but those are the guys my cat eye noticed over the last few weeks.

But I think two of these guys have injury concerns?

Heck maybe now we also take a chance on Jaylon Smith if he drops far enough.

The lack of New Day gifs from Kave and BG is incredibly disappointing

Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't post any...yet. But it's coming don't worry.

Fantomex

Jack, Ramsey, Buckner I think are what I'm eyeing. I'll have to do more research now though, but those are the guys my cat eye noticed over the last few weeks.

Those are all not making it past 6 fam.

Striker

Unfortunately I'm at work so I can't post any...yet. But it's coming don't worry.
Ramsey is going #3 or #4.

Jaylon Smith won't be drafted until much, much later, if at all.

Hindl

All 3 of those guys will be gone before 8, except maybe Jack if teams really don't like his knee. Also, Jaylon Smith isn't going to play at all in 2016, he'll probably go no higher than the 3rd round, more likely 4th-5th. Take an impact guy at 8. Hargreaves, Elliot, Bosa (depending on Buckner's draft spot), should all be available

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ramsey is going #3 or #4.

Jaylon Smith won't be drafted until much, much later, if at all.

Yeah should clarify when I say we take him I'm talking like 5th round or later. With currently 12 picks in the draft we can still afford to take him late and hope after his year of recovery he might be able to bounce back.

And fine you assholes ruin my dreams of maybe Ramsey. I just wanted to hope. :p

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Man why do people have to worry about me getting banned?

I don't know what changed but I always thought my posts were harmless and occasionally humorous.

Well, you've had some borderline posts that I've had to try and push back on to keep you from from getting nabbed again. Too many of ya'll are still pushing the edge at times.

So again as a general reminder, try to keep the shit-talking primarily about players and teams. I've still seen some comments from others around the forum saying they're too intimidated to participate in the sports threads or are afraid that this thread is going to get nuked eventually just from their observations as a lurker.

Well, you've had some borderline posts that I've had to try and push back on to keep you from from getting nabbed again. Too many of ya'll are still pushing the edge at times.

So again as a general reminder, try to keep the shit-talking primarily about players and teams. I've still seen some comments from others around the forum saying they're too intimidated to participate in the sports threads or are afraid that this thread is going to get nuked eventually just from their observations as a lurker.

If you just banned pat fans I think we'd all get along swimmingly.

Fantomex

So what you saying is, i cant make fun of MRSA? Please don't do this

Wes

venison crêpe
We have the first pick on Day 2 and Day 3 too. Nice little value trading spots.

You know what I'd like? Trade down again. Let Titans come up and grab Stanley if they want. Get Treadwell at #15, Thomas at #32. WR Corp instantly changed.

Bread

Banned
Bionic is like Brandon spikes, he would be useful back in the 60s or 70s when he was in college but now it's a new generation where his shit talking isn't effective.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So what you saying is, i cant make fun of MRSA? Please don't do this

Calling people out for shit where it's warranted is fine, just don't let it dominate the conversation for too long (or do it in a way that's obviously ban-worthy in any other thread). The rest of the mod staff are primarily concerned about scaring newcomers off more than anything when it comes to community threads, and if complaints arise it just means more attention gets redirected to these threads again.

Roseman was on NFLN. The highlights?

- He says the pick will be a QB for sure. They'd be happy with either Wentz or Goff.
- Sam Bradford is the QB for 2016.
- He didn't think there were any players on day 2 of the draft that would help the Eagles.

Jeff McLane 
‏@Jeff_McLane

Roseman on if the #Eagles preferred Goff or Wentz: "It's like vanilla or chocolate."

The Chip Kelly vanilla or chocolate jokes write themselves.:D

I'm kind of stunned that he'd give up what he did without being completely in love with one of those prospects or without having a pretty good idea of what the Rams are going to do.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I've always hated this from lurkers; just post.

I've always disagreed with majority of sports threads here being vicious to new people. Honestly unless you're a Pats fan the majority of posters here are very friendly and will answer pretty much any question a new person asks. Even if you are a Pats fan there are enough fans here to come to your defense anyways.

I always feel like there is a high school view from mods in regards to sports threads that we all have to get along and be friends.

Either way all I wanted to say after reading your post. You can resume shitting on me and the Browns. :p

Pepiope

- He says the pick will be a QB for sure. They'd be happy with either Wentz or Goff.
- He didn't think there were any players on day 2 of the draft that would help the Eagles.

I'm kind of stunned that he'd give up what he did without being completely in love with one of those prospects or without having a pretty good idea of what the Rams are going to do.
That makes no sense...

Clearly vanilla is better than chocolate.

We have the first pick on Day 2 and Day 3 too. Nice little value trading spots.

You know what I'd like? Trade down again. Let Titans come up and grab Stanley if they want. Get Treadwell at #15, Thomas at #32. WR Corp instantly changed.

I think most teams are going to be fielding offers for trade downs, especially early. If there is a player that the Titans love @ 8, I wouldn't be surprised.

If Ramsey is actually off the board, I would expect my Cowboys to do the same and see who wants Tunsil the most.

It's not impossible to love both. Take beer and whiskey. If someone said "Oh, sorry, someone took all the whiskey, all you can have is this delicious beer" I would be cool with it.

Top Bottom