• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 2h2 hours ago
Howie Roseman said comparing Goff and Wentz is like comparing
"vanilla or chocolate" and "pepperoni or sausage."

Bad analogy. If I'm giving up that much, I want something a little fancier than plain vanilla or pepperoni. You want the works.

RBH

Well, you've had some borderline posts that I've had to try and push back on to keep you from from getting nabbed again. Too many of ya'll are still pushing the edge at times.

So again as a general reminder, try to keep the shit-talking primarily about players and teams. I've still seen some comments from others around the forum saying they're too intimidated to participate in the sports threads or are afraid that this thread is going to get nuked eventually just from their observations as a lurker.

That's kind of silly

To all of the lurkers currently reading this thread........feel free to join us! Just start posting away and we'll welcome you with open arms..........especially if you're a Falcons fan!

I've always hated this from lurkers; just post.

I've always disagreed with majority of sports threads here being vicious to new people. Honestly unless you're a Pats fan the majority of posters here are very friendly and will answer pretty much any question a new person asks. Even if you are a Pats fan there are enough fans here to come to your defense anyways.

I always feel like there is a high school view from mods in regards to sports threads that we all have to get along and be friends.

Either way all I wanted to say after reading your post. You can resume shitting on me and the Browns. :p

Honestly though this is pretty much exclusively the only sports thread I chill in I've never honestly felt like someone was getting run out of the thread or being hostile unless it was ez being ez.

Personally I feel like OTs for games and movies/TV are where it gets really echo chamber-y.

That's kind of silly

To all of the lurkers currently reading this thread........feel free to join us! Just start posting away and we'll welcome you with open arms..........especially if you're a Falcons fan!

gEvJX.jpg

rando14

I've always disagreed with majority of sports threads here being vicious to new people. Honestly unless you're a Pats fan the majority of posters here are very friendly and will answer pretty much any question a new person asks. Even if you are a Pats fan there are enough fans here to come to your defense anyways.

I always feel like there is a high school view from mods in regards to sports threads that we all have to get along and be friends.

Either way all I wanted to say after reading your post. You can resume shitting on me and the Browns. :p

Your words are beautiful Kave :') I am proud to be your BFF

JABEE

Bradford will tear his ACL in the last preseason game and be out for the season. Wentz will start against the Browns and fleece them for 463 yards passing and 5 TDs.

After that, he'll basically turn into the dumpster fire everyone feared he would be against pro competition.

Which will have at least one anonymous exec saying, "Well, he crushed the Browns, but we did say he was strong against inferior opponents."

Playing the Browns is just like facing 1-AA competition.

Seriously though I look at 95% of the shit talking in here as purely harmless and most of it in good fun. Lurkers...stop lurking and post. We're (mostly) good people.

JABEE

Calling people out for shit where it's warranted is fine, just don't let it dominate the conversation for too long (or do it in a way that's obviously ban-worthy in any other thread). The rest of the mod staff are primarily concerned about scaring newcomers off more than anything when it comes to community threads, and if complaints arise it just means more attention gets redirected to these threads again.
Does this apply our process of inquiring about the fandom of newcomers?

Line_HTX

I don't like that other people say this thread is intimidating. I mean, that one Cardinals fan finally decided to post, albeit he did call us strange. But still, better to have more people here than scattered about.

The same goes for other community OT's. I don't understand why people actively avoid them and are scared to join in.

JABEE

You're the best cat around. Don't tell anyone else I said told you so.

As King of PatsGAF, I will fight for all the Patriots fans and defend them with my life.

Fantomex

Pretty sure cdyhybrid bullied that random Cardinals fan and he hasn't come back since though.

;P

What about that time Kas ethered that Vikings fan? Ahh good times.

Nah I'm back on Miami, I saw the cheerleaders for the Rams

Edit: Also make your pick damn it! I waited long enough!

Chris we go way back. So I want to politely and kindly give you some feedback. Ramsnation will not be tolerating any negative or snide remarks towards our players, facilities, front office, geographic location or cheerleaders. I have kindly explained that the Rams are keeping many St. Louis Cheerleaders out of respect for that ugly state and it's inhabitants. We all know that a 10 in St. Louis is a 5 in Los Angeles. So please consider our lack of dime pieces on our cheersquad this year as a kind gesture from Rams Gaf to Phins Gaf. We want to see you happy. We want to see you keep that winning tradition alive in things that don't matter.

Regards,
Fantomex,
Head of Ramsnation on NFL-GAF

Just a warning, I may have ripped it off a random mock and done little to no research. I just know they need OL help badly.

Yeah I know but the top OL were already picked, maybe we can do Eli Apple? A'Shawn Robinson? Noah Spence?

What's the Colts' pressing need? D-Line or O-Line?

DL, OL, DE, LB, CB, WR

This thread has three really simple rules:

1. Pick a team
2. No Pats fans
3. See rule 2

Lurkers should post!

Like I said...just ban the pat fans and everything would be great

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Errr... the actual reason people use the metaphor "this is like high school" is to refer to situations where small cliques of people ostracize and insult others over unimportant aesthetic preferences. You know, like sports. That's honestly why the metaphor exists at all. But yes if you think the metaphor "high school" means "having the naive idea that people can rein in the shit talk long enough to be a decent human being once in a while", then by all means I recommend finding a more adult forum like 4chan or Yahoo! News comments sections.

Another option is that many sports communities who have not enjoyed the fascist moderation by us overpaid crybabies have successfully migrated to Slaent, which I understand is a very good place to talk about sports and not weighed down by having shitty moderators like here. I highly recommend it. Looks like they've got a few tens of thousands of posts in their NFL thread too, so you're probably not even missing out on GAF's size or speed. And they have round avatars that are bigger than GAF's. This isn't me being a shit disturber, I'm literally saying if you sort of decide that the rules we have are no good and make posting here no fun, that's awesome, and I hope you find somewhere that's more fun.

Look, no one is saying you can't point out that the Jaguars are a shitty team headquartered in maybe America's worse city in a state that we can only hope global warming will sink. It's just maybe try not collectively being serial assholes to people who aren't part of the cool kids club, and when someone points out that you are maybe don't reply with "fuck you fascist, you're a baby". It's not really rocket science.

Line_HTX

Hmm, Colts have decent enough on the front seven, and their receiving core is good enough...

I think they just need another offensive lineman to protect Andrew Luck.

Top Bottom