• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

RBH

Congrats.
Thank you!

Congrats! Please give my regards to the good dr Chang.
Thank you! I'll be sure to

Congrats, RBH!
Thank you!

You Doctor now? What's your number? Let me txt you some things to check out for me.
867-5309

Congrats.. You can help treat everyone who sets their dicks on fire legally now :)
Thank you!

And that's a good point.......hmmmm..........

Congrats!! Don't kill anyone pls
Thank you!

Note to NFL-GAF: Try to avoid hospitals in July in order to avoid the new interns!

BigAT

What do they call it when RBH receives his diploma?

A Baduation Ceremony.
emot-smug.gif

He stole his father's :)

#TeamKave
#TeamDega
#TeamIronMan
#FuckMech
#FuckGata
#SorryBG
#CongratsRBH
I don't believe you.. You want us sad.

A Baduation Ceremony.
emot-smug.gif
:)

The prospect of Taylor Swift wearing a japanese schoolgirl outfit is a prospect I can get behind.
Yes. We all can.

Zika is anime.
Michael Jordan probably created it.

Martz compares Goff, Wentz to Rams legend Warner

By Jim Thomas St. Louis Post-Dispatch May 14, 2016 (…)

During the predraft process, longtime college and NFL coach Ted Tollner helped quarterbacks Jared Goff and Carson Wentz get ready for the pro game. His son, Ryan Tollner, is their agent.

One day, long before the NFL Scouting Combine, Ted wasn’t available to guide the highly-touted prospects through their workout. So the Tollners called an old friend to take over for that day: Mike Martz.

On a field in Orange County, Calif., about an hour north of Martz’s home in San Diego, the former Rams coach put Goff and Wentz through the paces.

“I spent about two hours working them out, and spent about an hour with them in the classroom,” Martz said.

He came away highly impressed with the quarterbacks, who ended up going first and second overall in the NFL draft last month.

“Carson Wentz, I’ve never seen anybody throw the ball like that,” Martz said. “Ever. I’ve never seen that kind of arm strength on anybody, and still be able to throw a touch ball and all those things. And he was just a sponge to everything you said.”

Wentz, who went No. 2 overall to Philadelphia out of North Dakota State, had some problems dropping back from center according to Martz. Martz recalled making one correction with Wentz, and Wentz picked it up right away.

“Which shocked me,” Martz said. “It was like talking to Kurt (Warner) when Kurt first came in. He just wanted to get better.”

As for Goff, Martz said the California-Berkeley product “was a little bit more stoic and quiet. But he was really good on the deep ball, I remember that part.”

After the workout and classroom session, Martz looked at tape of Goff and Wentz on his own. What impressed Martz about Goff was his ability to stand firm in the pocket under pressure, absorb a hit, and keep firing away.

“He’s pretty special,” Martz said. “He has what Kurt had, and I hadn’t seen anybody like that necessarily for a long time. He will stand in there and make throws under duress like I haven’t seen anybody else do since Kurt, really.”

When Martz returned to St. Louis as offensive coordinator prior to the ‘99 season following a two-year stint in Washington, then Rams head coach D Vermeil asked him to take a look at Warner’s NFL Europe tape with the Amsterdam Admirals.

Martz came away amazed at how Warner took a beating, but unfazed, continued to stand tall in the pocket.

Martz said Goff showed enough mobility to extend plays as well.

“Now he made some bad plays, but the (good) plays that he made are plays that only an elite player can make,” Martz said. “I think he could be just ‘stupid’ good. He gets rid of the ball so quick.”

Looking at tape of Wentz, Martz said the speed of the game in the NFL will be an adjustment after playing in college at the FCS (or Div. I-AA) level. Martz also thinks Wentz showed a tendency to leave the pocket too soon.

“He’s gonna have to stand in there and make throws,” Martz said. "(The Eagles) have to really put their thumb on him about that. He can win with his legs on some plays, like a Russell Wilson kind of deal. But he can’t turn down throws in order to run it.”

Martz’s work with quarterbacks in the NFL basically is beyond reproach. Warner came from nowhere to league MVP, Super Bowl MVP, and Pro Football Hall of Fame candidate. Marc Bulger, who entered the league as a sixth-round draft pick by New Orleans in 2000, blossomed into a two-time Pro Bowler in St. Louis.

Martz even squeezed back-to-back 4,000-yard passing seasons out of Jon Kitna as Detroit’s offensive coordinator in 2006 and ‘07.

With that track record in mind, his assessment of Goff and Wentz carries some weight.

“I think they’re both franchise quarterbacks,” Martz said. “I’d be amazed if these two guys don’t have terrific careers. They’re of the quality where you can build a whole franchise around them.”

As for the Rams trading six picks to Tennessee as part of the trade up to No. 1 overall from No. 15, Martz said, “They did the right thing to move up to get Goff, I can tell you that.”

Conversely, Martz was surprised that Cleveland traded out of the No. 2 spot (with Philadelphia), thus backing away from Wentz. While realizing the Browns are building and picked up a bunch of extra draft picks, Martz said you just can’t pass on a chance at a franchise QB.

“Because they do not come along very often,” Martz said. “These two guys are very special, and for Cleveland to hop out of it — I don’t care how many good players they have if they don’t have a quarterback. When’s the last good quarterback they’ve had?”

The Browns did draft Southern California quarterback Cody Kessler in the third round, and Martz thinks Kessler has starter’s potential. But he doesn’t think he’s in the class of Goff or Wentz.

interesting read. I get the sense he liked Wentz better but maybe that is just the authors spin.

Keenan Reynolds wearing the #19 in Baltimore this year, Johnny U's number.

Hype is building.

Hope that he plays QB over a certain expensive waste of space building too.

RBH

#TeamKave
#TeamDega
#TeamIronMan
#FuckMech
#FuckGata
#SorryBG
#CongratsRBH
Thank you!

Just remember just because you like to set your dick on fire doesn't mean others are okay with it.
But I don't like doing it! Only when it's necessary!

Congrats!
Thank you!

A Baduation Ceremony.
emot-smug.gif
giphy.gif

Congrats!
Thank you!

RBH is the official Doctor of nfl gaf
GqZ7sj2.gif

Doctor who?
NH9gE7v.gif
I see what you did there.

And I like it!

Noone will be able to afford his rates.

Maybe bionic and lunchbox.
I will provide affordable prices for all!

50% off for NFL-GAF members!
Double the price for Bucs fans, Panthers fans, and Saints fans tho

congrats Dr. RBH
Thank you!

Congrats to the good Dr. Anti-depressants for all Falcon fans.
Thank you!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Detroit Lions — Muhlbach a mentor to rookie long snapper Jimmy Landes

ALLEN PARK - If ever there could be an awkward situation in the Lions locker room, it's when a rookie is drafted to take over - or at least compete - for a veteran's job.

It could be unpleasant.

If the veteran is smart he'll make the best of the situation. It appears that's the approach of veteran long snapper Don Muhlbach.

Jimmy Landes, another long snapper, was drafted in the fifth round.

Long snappers only have one job - and only one makes the 53-man roster.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/spor...-a-mentor-to-rookie-long-snapper-jimmy-landes

“It’s awesome to have Muhl next to me, and he’s taught me everything,” Landes said. “He’s teaching me: ‘OK, two-man front on the left, they’ve got five guys on the right. … Which one do you take?’ And stuff like that. Muhl just been a good mentor to me.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/05/19/detroit-lions-jimmy-landes/84607294/

Long Snapping 101 XO's

Just saw someone on Twitter saying Tebow is a legit NFL QB and using "stats" to back it up.

I thought it was just some stupid joke posted here.

There is a dipshit on a Raider message board I go to who goes on and on about how Terrelle Pryor is a legit NFL QB who's just been blackballed by some super secret NFL cabal against running QB's. He feels the same way about Tebow

bionic77

My last day of medical school is today

Can't believe 4 years flew by so quickly
Aim to be like Magic and cure a disease.

Don't be like most bum ass doctors who just send people to the pharmacy to get some pain pills.

I believe in you RBH. You can do it. And hire me as your attorney to make sure no one gets your medicine unless they pay for it!

Top Bottom