• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Colasante

gettleman.JPG

Trust in the Getts. He knows what he's doing.

Duxxy3

They can't do anything else. He wouldn't sign the tender, so they can't trade him, and they couldn't afford to give him the insane price he's obviously asking for

Sign and trade with the team that's probably gonna sign him and give the Panthers nothing - the niners.

Why not keep him for one more year? The Panthers were just in the Super Bowl.

He never signed his franchise tender so we were just going to end up with a really long protracted contract battle that probably goes with 24 holding out into the season.

Neither side was budging.

Generally I side with players when it comes to contract things (the whole killing yourself for sport bit) but Norman's demands were WAY above what the Panthers were willing to pay.

Generate

Banned
The shit talking and intimidation in here is mild. This is easily the best part of the whole gaf forum and one of its only redeemable areas.

TraBuch

Banned
Come on Baalke, you piece of shit, use some of that money you've been saving for old post-draft bargains so you can try and look like a genius but the players turn out to be trash because you fucking suck.

My god the Panthers are insane. You can't let talent like that walk for nothing. Get the QB who was afraid of getting hurt the SB to kick back some money to pay the Panthers best player.

Errr... the actual reason people use the metaphor "this is like high school" is to refer to situations where small cliques of people ostracize and insult others over unimportant aesthetic preferences. You know, like sports. That's honestly why the metaphor exists at all. But yes if you think the metaphor "high school" means "having the naive idea that people can rein in the shit talk long enough to be a decent human being once in a while", then by all means I recommend finding a more adult forum like 4chan or Yahoo! News comments sections.

Another option is that many sports communities who have not enjoyed the fascist moderation by us overpaid crybabies have successfully migrated to Slaent, which I understand is a very good place to talk about sports and not weighed down by having shitty moderators like here. I highly recommend it. Looks like they've got a few tens of thousands of posts in their NFL thread too, so you're probably not even missing out on GAF's size or speed. And they have round avatars that are bigger than GAF's. This isn't me being a shit disturber, I'm literally saying if you sort of decide that the rules we have are no good and make posting here no fun, that's awesome, and I hope you find somewhere that's more fun.

Look, no one is saying you can't point out that the Jaguars are a shitty team headquartered in maybe America's worse city in a state that we can only hope global warming will sink. It's just maybe try not collectively being serial assholes to people who aren't part of the cool kids club, and when someone points out that you are maybe don't reply with "fuck you fascist, you're a baby". It's not really rocket science.

I don't really see how this is a response to Kave's post. The correlation between what he said, and your response seems to be rather low. He was in no way calling out mods, or stating that they are not doing a good job.

Everybody was saying that he was a product of the system 2 months ago, now the Panthers are nuts to let him go.

Is it Oochie Wally or is it One Mic?

(And no, letting him play on the tag was not an option. Because he wouldn't sign the tender. He was holding out until he got a long term deal)

My god the Panthers are insane. You can't let talent like that walk for nothing. Get the QB who was afraid of getting hurt the SB to kick back some money to pay the Panthers best player.

Josh Norman was not the best player on the Panthers.

c'mon

And considering the fact that the Panthers don't come anywhere close to the SB without that QB I think his compensation is fair.

Euron

The Jaguars bandwagon will be in full force the first Sunday next season when Josh Norman rips Jordy Nelson's heart out.

Omg yes.
ESPN Cleveland
ESPN Cleveland – ‏@ESPNCleveland
Grossi adds that the #Browns punted on the opportunity to draft a franchise QB. Next 3 draft classes aren’t promising.

Dane Brugler
Dane Brugler – ‏@dpbrugler
Clearly the #Browns didn't see a franchise QB at No. 2. I don't blame them.

Next 3 draft classes? Lol, c'mon. https://twitter.com/ESPNCleveland/status/722867559452815360 …

Doug Moore
Doug Moore – ‏@DMooreNFL
Grossi isn't very bright. I hope people don't actually listen him. He isn't a talent evaluator by any means. #Browns https://twitter.com/espncleveland/status/722867559452815360 …

Pete Smith
Pete Smith – ‏@_PeteSmith_
Grossi is in rare form, doubling and tripling down on bad takes.

Below Not a reporter but relevant response

RyG3 – ‏@RyInCBus
I love when people stick up for Grossi. I assume they are his relatives.
9:01 AM - 18 Apr 2016
vYQzn.gif

RBH

Bionic got banned

smh, I knew that last post of his (now deleted) would get him in trouble. Dude needs to know when to stand down

Bowser

Bowser I must know... Did you feel it coming when you saw those UNC players dab during player introductions?

XD

Whole game is a blur honestly. I went to the game itself, when that final shot went through, it was a terrible feeling. Felt like puking...completely different from the Super Bowl when it was obvious very early on that things seemed off and not looking good.

Bitanator

So Dallas will possibly be without Demarcus Lawrence due to a 4 game suspension as well...

Perhaps a trade down and try to snag Shaq Lawson with another second to grab another pass rusher would be a decision they are thinking about. This sucks ass

cashman

Banned
Bionic got banned

smh, I knew that last post of his (now deleted) would get him in trouble. Dude needs to know when to stand down

RIP bionic. I don't know if I read the post, but I really don't think anybody in this thread has ever had a problem with what he posted except for xia and stump.

Line_HTX

Whole game is a blur honestly. I went to the game itself, when that final shot went through, it was a terrible feeling. Felt like puking...completely different from the Super Bowl when it was obvious very early on that things seemed off and not looking good.

It was the fireworks going off when that shot went in.

JABEE

I didn't deserve any of this. All I did was spread the good word. All our elders are falling. The Eagles are turning into the Browns, and KaveKitty has to watch his back on these streets. :( It's like Blade Runner.

Top Bottom