• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

squicken

Helped my folks all day with their flooded house they have to move out of. Came home to an apartment with no power. And now I see this trade? Today was not a good day

Re-signing Bradford was so dumb. But his agent was the biggest fool. He could be in Denver. Now he's one INT away from the fans clamoring for the rookie

Line_HTX

Omg yes.

vYQzn.gif

OMG BlackGhost, what the fuck...

ROFL

Bowser

Talked to Josh Norman a minute ago about the move, but would only say "Man, I just don't feel like talking about it right now."

Seeing a lot of stuff on Twitter about Josh's agent not handling things well/getting personal during negotiations (of course that could just be bullshit, but seems DG was done with him).

JABEE

Helped my folks all day with their flooded house they have to move out of. Came home to an apartment with no power. And now I see this trade? Today was not a good day

Re-signing Bradford was so dumb. But his agent was the biggest fool. He could be in Denver. Now he's one INT away from the fans clamoring for the rookie
Are you still on board? Eagles-GAF is falling apart.

Norman just should have taken the franchise tag. He's on a perennial playoff team with a franchise QB, good coach and great front office. A few extra million per year on top of 14 isn't worth losing that.

Bowser

Norman should fire his agent immediately.

Meh. He will be signed quickly, within the week I would imagine. Oakland, SF, Jacksonville if I had to guess.

But doubt he's getting $16m per. Market will speak. Panthers were only willing to offer 11-12m per, so he'll likely beat that.

Fantomex

Norman has been good for almost 2 seasons. And suddenly he's demanding Deion money? Cmon son. You'd be a fool to overpay that much for a corner who is one injury away from only being used in nickel packages.

Bionic, I told you to take your metamucill but you would not listen, dang it.

Ain't that mock draft all sorts of fucked now..or don't care who's drafting who, as long as the player goes at that number, Goff at 2, Eagles could be drafting him..

cdyhybrid

Norman just should have taken the franchise tag. He's on a perennial playoff team with a franchise QB, good coach and great front office. A few extra million per year on top of 14 isn't worth losing that.
Tag would only guarantee him this year though. He wants the full deal now, plus he's 28.

Farooq

Banned
So Dallas will possibly be without Demarcus Lawrence due to a 4 game suspension as well...

Perhaps a trade down and try to snag Shaq Lawson with another second to grab another pass rusher would be a decision they are thinking about. This sucks ass

Prefer this over drafting Bosa. Won't be too upset if Bosa is drafted at 4 though.

Stephen talked about adding pieces to the D-line so that doesn't necessarily mean edge. A trade down and drafting Rankins could be a possibility, and you could move Crawford outside (Stephen also mentioned this as well)

Tapper, Ogbah and Tyrone Holmes could be later round Edge targets. Nkemdiche and Hargrave (don't know if he meet with the Cowboys) could be day two under tackle targets.

Eleuin

16m a year?

Dude is off his rocker, c'mon son

Also RIP Bionic, dude still trying to be in the attitude era when its safe space PG now

LJ11

Sorry to hear bud. Feel for the people down there, especially with the way the economy has slowed, case to be made that they're in a recession. All the best.

Free bionic

Farooq

Banned
Why does everyone think their team is going to be able to trade down? Someone has to make a pick.

I generally agree with this sentiment but I am assuming Tunsil will be there to entice teams to trade up. Only scenario I can see a trade down for Dallas to be honest.

Bitanator

Why does everyone think their team is going to be able to trade down? Someone has to make a pick.

Dallas has a great opportunity with potentially Ramsey and Tunsil falling into our laps, there will be teams wanting them who would be willing to trade up

cashman

Banned
Prefer this over drafting Bosa. Won't be too upset if Bosa is drafted at 4 though.

Stephen talked about adding pieces to the D-line so that doesn't necessarily mean edge. A trade down and drafting Rankins could be a possibility, and you could move Crawford outside (Stephen also mentioned this as well)

Tapper, Ogbah and Tyrone Holmes could be later round Edge targets. Nkemdiche and Hargrave (don't know if he meet with the Cowboys) could be day two under tackle targets.

What are your thoughts on Rankins vs Billings and Robinson. I've had tunnelvision on those two since they're guys that were from Texas.

Sashi Browns predraft conference has been moved to tomorrow at 10 am est, instead of having it on friday.

Browns have final mini camp after, not sure if players will be made available again.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when Rg3 heard about the trade. Browns will still draft a Qb though, who knows maybe still in the first!

My watch list at 8 as of now are Jack, zeke, lynch, Trade down ( wouldn't mind trading with Titans, grab some 2nds. And grab wr at 15 ).
My interest in Lynch and Cook at Qb has peaked in the last few days I must say also

Godslay

Banned
Norman is a guy.

Played well, but I don't think he's a franchise CB.

I don't think that the Panthers D was great to begin with anyways. They got fat on crushing cans. The pass rush wasn't great, and the back end was pretty meh. A couple of good DL and LBs though.

Well, you've had some borderline posts that I've had to try and push back on to keep you from from getting nabbed again. Too many of ya'll are still pushing the edge at times.

So again as a general reminder, try to keep the shit-talking primarily about players and teams. I've still seen some comments from others around the forum saying they're too intimidated to participate in the sports threads or are afraid that this thread is going to get nuked eventually just from their observations as a lurker.

We've always been welcoming. Exceptions being people coming in guns blazing, which I feel is fair game. In that case you get what you give.

The interesting part of this thread imo, is the back and forth. Take MRSA for instance. We regularly exchange fuck yous and the like. We are on opposing ends of the spectrum as well. Raiders are evil and Broncos are good, he's an animu... I'm a productive member of society, etc.

Yet, it's all in good fun, and it really shouldn't be taken seriously inside and out of the thread.

Schefter also says that Hoyer is likely to sign with the Broncos.

Farooq

Banned
Dallas has a great opportunity with potentially Ramsey and Tunsil falling into our laps, there will be teams wanting them who would be willing to trade up

If a team wants Tunsil, they would have to get ahead of Ozzie "have great players fall into my lap nearly every fucking draft" Newsome.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I generally agree with this sentiment but I am assuming Tunsil will be there to entice teams to trade up. Only scenario I can see a trade down for Dallas to be honest.

It's not just you guys, it's literally everybody. I can't wait until the Steelers trade up by leveraging their two seventh rounders!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
RIP bionic. I don't know if I read the post, but I really don't think anybody in this thread has ever had a problem with what he posted except for xia and stump.

I have no issue with bionic's posts for the most part...even I'll be the first to admit I'm way more lenient on everyone in here than I probably should be, but even I couldn't wave away his "outside posters who complain are all whiny snitches and why are you listening to them" bit. You're just making yourselves easy pickings for lurking mods if you do blatant stuff like that.

And I'm pretty sure "everyone in the thread is okay with breaking forum decorum even beyond the concessions I've been trying to get from the mod staff to accomodate the sports threads" isn't going to be a valid defense.

Also RIP bionic

Hope it wasn't a perm

I got it down to 2 weeks.

You wouldn't like to see Sam Bradford when he's angry.

Seriously. He either only gets a few wins or he's hurt and crying. It's really ugly either way

Top Bottom