• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pepiope

Bradford will still get the 1st shot to prove to everyone that he's worth his contract. If he performs then he isn't sitting.

Pepiope

This is the face of our new franchise QB? :(

635920118767101082-USP-NFL-COMBINE-79962172.JPG

squicken

Are you still on board? Eagles-GAF is falling apart.

Been thinking about just giving up and cheering for the Texans. Eagles are a 7-9 roster that could have added an impact player. Now they have no depth anywhere but QB and no draft picks. Just a couple key injuries from being 4-12 and giving Cleveland a top 5 pick

Pederson also seems a little too derpy to me. Lurie's only good decision was hiring Reid

Fantomex

Been thinking about just giving up and cheering for the Texans. Eagles are a 7-9 roster that could have added an impact player. Now they have no depth anywhere but QB and no draft picks. Just a couple key injuries from being 4-12 and giving Cleveland a top 5 pick

Pederson also seems a little too derpy to me. Lurie's only good decision was hiring Reid

Squicken²

How you gonna switch teams to switch teams. That's unpossible!

Pepiope

Bradford is still here. We're still winning the division!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have no issue with bionic's posts for the most part...even I'll be the first to admit I'm way more lenient on everyone in here than I probably should be, but even I couldn't wave away his "outside posters who complain are all whiny snitches and why are you listening to them" bit. You're just making yourselves easy pickings for lurking mods if you do blatant stuff like that.

And I'm pretty sure "everyone in the thread is okay with breaking forum decorum even beyond the concessions I've been trying to get from the mod staff to accomodate the sports threads" isn't going to be a valid defense.

I got it down to 2 weeks.

Nice!

Hope it's only a perm warning for that subject.

Lord knows he's going to pop off about Michael Jordan or the Patriots in the wrong thread someday. Probably Brady's retirement thread or something...

To which one?

Houston which is the original!

Like it's legitimately gotten to kastafford levels. At some point you are flat out seeing something that nobody else does. Not his teammates, not his management, not any other fan of his, not even him. Sam had to have known, the second he signed that 2 year deal, he was no long term solution. That doesn't and shouldn't make this news any easier, but pretending he's magically the plan for longer is beyond unhelpful and unrealistic.

They're about to have $36 million in guarantees total over 3 QBs who may not (and in the case of at least one, guaranteed Will Not) be on the team 4 years from now.

squicken should do the right thing and take his rightful place on the throne of Texans-GAF.

Its like when Aragorn stopped running from his destiny and became King of Gondor. That can be you, squicks!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Like it's legitimately gotten to kastafford levels. At some point you are flat out seeing something that nobody else does. Not his teammates, not his management, not any other fan of his, not even him. Sam had to have known, the second he signed that 2 year deal, he was no long term solution. That doesn't and shouldn't make this news any easier, but pretending he's magically the plan for longer is beyond unhelpful and unrealistic.

They're about to have $36 million in guarantees total over 3 QBs who may not (and in the case of at least one, guaranteed Will Not) be on the team 4 years from now.

I think he thought it was a 2 year "prove it" deal.

Now it's just a 2 year stop gap deal which is way different. In his mind, he could go out and play pretty well this year and sign a nice extension before next season. Now they're not even going to be interested in doing that much. He could have gone to Denver or even San Francisco and gotten a long term deal there most likely.

Pepiope

So you're telling me there is absolutely no way Sam is the long term solution now?

If he comes out and plays well, then the Birds will stick with him. How can you let go of a QB playing at a high level just because you drafted a QB?

This trade will either make Sam rise to the occasion and really play well solidifying his place as the franchise QB, or he will fold under the pressure and we will move on. I'm still betting on the former.

Bread

Banned
squicken should do the right thing and take his rightful place on the throne of Texans-GAF.

Its like when Aragorn stopped running from his destiny and became King of Gondor. That can be you, squicks!
i could see squick pulling a lebron and getting a 2 year deal back in houston

JABEE

Don't leave us. Be true to the team.

I think he thought it was a 2 year "prove it" deal.

Now it's just a 2 year stop gap deal which is way different. In his mind, he could go out and play pretty well this year and sign a nice extension before next season. Now they're not even going to be interested in doing that much. He could have gone to Denver or even San Francisco and gotten a long term deal there most likely.

1) In my opinion he was lucky to get as much guaranteed money as he wound up with in this extension

2) He damn sure wasn't and isn't getting more until he can have a full season. Which, considering it hasn't happened since 2012...

Slay thanks to these MLB deals I've had papa johns more times this year already then I've probably ever head. Indians 5+ runs half off
Hmmm. I think Squicken should takeover as King of Texans Gaf, and make Mech his jester.

effzee

Signing Chip was a great deal but then his balls shriveled up and he fired him before giving him a full 5 years.

LOL Eagles put Dak Prescott through a mock press conference. Wouldn't be shocked if they still took him in round 3 considering how things are going.

Top Bottom