• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

bionic77

The Thunder know they got this. Can't say the same for the Raptors yet. Weird to see Green losing his confidence. That's his best asset.

But if any team could blow 3-1 it would be the Thunder. Don't think it is going to happen but if it were to they would be the ones to do it.

I hear ya, man. First child going to college in a couple of months, second to follow in two years. Those nice vacations are done. Upgrades to aging laptops? Nope. One TV has a fucking purple blob on it, but that's not getting replaced. I'm driving a 2005 truck and my wife's van just needed a couple new tires.

Sigh....

At least we're not Pats fans, though. Can you fucking imagine how much your life would suck if you were a Pats fan?

You know what, I really cant. It must be so fucking terrible to root for a team that cheats like that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=204607671#post204607671

Tabris: you're now officially required, under penalty of permanent ban, to personally donate a minimum of $1000 USD to a vetted non-profit charitable organization aimed at improving quality of life for the less privileged and/or saving lives, e.g. UNICEF, at no discernible direct benefit to yourself (so no planting a tree in some Vancouver fundraiser and getting a plaque somewhere with your name on it and an invite to a black tie event where you try to get laid), and provide accompanying legitimate documentation of doing so to me personally, in explicit conjunction with any brag thread you would like to post on NeoGAF from this point onward and until stated otherwise. Meaning that the donation is made within the same 24 hour period that you would like to post the brag thread to directly offset it, so not documentation referencing an otherwise occurring standard annual contribution.

Should be a non-issue for someone of your staggering opulence, and you can even mention in the OP of the brag threads that you provided clean drinking water for an impoverished community or funded the cost of antiretrovirals for a baby to be born HIV-free or whatever cause you funded that time, making your brag thread that much more brag-worthy.

That's a shame.

I'm ok with it though. Tabris threatened to root for Eli. I take that personally.

He does root for Eli. Dude is a Giants fan now.

The only good thing for Tabris now is that his donation will probably be tax decuctable, so if he plays it smart, he'll barely lose money.

Add to that that a 1000 bucks is already considered a large gift by some charities and will get you invited to social events.

Florio today said that Jordan has been trying to pitch a Rodgers family reality show for a couple of years now with no luck, so he is on the Bachelorette this year to try and get that jump started. I cant imagine Arron and Munn being on a reality show.

He also said that the Steelers where one of the teams that submitted a bid for a super bowl but they were turned down due to Pittsburgh not having enough hotels. The Vikings also submitted a bid for a SB but the league made so many insane requests that the city couldnt meet. Like they wanted free presidential suites for all the owners during the SB, they wanted free unlimited golf access starting the summer before. It sounded like the crazy stuff rock stars put into their riders as jokes.

bionic77

We should also institute this tax for any time someone denies Tom Brady cheated.
I would prefer some sort of public humiliation or loss of freedom for such a horrific crime.

If your son grew up to be a two-teamer, would you support him with anything better than IKEA?
I don't like thinking of hypotheticals of what I would do if my son turned out to be a monster like Tabris of some Pats fan.

He does root for Eli. Dude is a Giants fan now.

The only good thing for Tabris now is that his donation will probably be tax decuctable, so if he plays it smart, he'll barely lose money.

Add to that that a 1000 bucks is already considered a large gift by some charities and will get you invited to social events.

giphy.gif

Aren't the Vikings already hosting one in a couple years?

Oh maybe I misunderstood then, he made it sound like the city didnt give in to the NFL's crazy demands but maybe they did. Weird.

Edit: Tabris responds to evillore:

EvilLore, I sent you a PM to work out a donation plan :)

But on the topic of "bragging". Is there a monetary value where sharing a life experience becomes boastful?

If someone posted a thread asking people about their best vacation and then talked about their fantastic vacation to Disneyland - how is that different then talking about their fantastic vacation to Dubai? or made a thread about their $30 Italian takeout vs eating at some Michelin-level restaurant. All of those things are great things and it's fun to hear about the things people enjoy!

Why is it frowned upon to share some of my life experiences because some of them may be expensive? I'm able to afford those because I don't spend much on a lot of things - I don't spend thousands on video games, I don't have a car, I'll eat on the cheap when not going to nice restaurants, I don't save for retirement, I use the fantastic Ikea brand for a lot of my furniture, etc. I just have different priorities and focus my money on great life experiences and it's fun to share them with people and also see what great life experiences others have had. This thread was fun hearing a lot of the cool things people have done like flown in private jets, met presidents, been to F1 race, etc.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eeeeh

I'm all for fucking with Tabris, but if he's serious then that's some shit.

Pretty sure he said "from this point forward" so basically it would have worked out to be a public permaban warning.

Still hilarious though.

Tabris doesn't really rustle my jimmies, he just likes a way different lifestyle than what I'd like or what most can afford. So it'd be kinda sad to lose him around here. Although God help us all if he became an urban planner where the 99% has to live in sardine can sized apartments and the "white picket fence" dream of the middle class is reserved for the world's wealthiest.

squicken

I don't have Ikea furniture. But I have also recently seen a house with a $17k dining table, $4500 sideboard table, and $5000 cocktail table. So if I was going to parcel out my megabucks on dumb shit, I think I'd rather have the lame furniture and a high end Dubai brothel romp over Kelvin Giormani couches

I don't get the Tabris hate, he roots for the first royal family of America, the Mannings, he's ok in my book. I mean we have actual pat fans running around, we've got bigger problems.

I don't have Ikea furniture. But I have also recently seen a house with a $17k dining table, $4500 sideboard table, and $5000 cocktail table. So if I was going to parcel out my megabucks on dumb shit, I think I'd rather have the lame furniture and a high end Dubai brothel romp over Kelvin Giormani couches

That's also a good point, I agree with that.

Hunter S.

Basketball is pretty boring ,but better than soccer.

GO Oklahoma City. They got nothing else there except their Basketball club.

Ohio has their ghettos and guns.

Toronto has snow, nice people and eskimos.

Golden State has their beaches, beautiful country and cities.... Give it to dry, ugly and dusty Oklahoma.

I needed a special media cabinet when I moved into my house. One that could fit 2 55" TV's and all of our consoles. My wife and I looked around and finally found something at ikea that would work for us. We had to have professionals come in and mount it to the wall so that the weight of all the consoles wouldnt make it tip over but we are super happy with it.

Fuck a high end Dubai brothel romp. You could travel the world for a year with what that would cost.

I needed a special media cabinet when I moved into my house. Oe that could fit 2 55" TV's and all of our consoles. My wife and I looked around and finally found something at ikea that would work for us. We had to have professionals come in and mount it to the wall so that the weight of all the consoles wouldnt make it tip over but we are super happy with it.

Why on Earth would you need two TVs on the same Television stand?

Top Bottom