• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bread

Banned
Basketball is pretty boring ,but better than soccer.

GO Oklahoma City. They got nothing else there except their Basketball club.

Ohio has their ghettos and guns.

Toronto has snow, nice people and eskimos.

Golden State has their beaches, beautiful country and cities.... Give it to dry, ugly and dusty Oklahoma.
Wtf are you rambling about dirty hippie

gutshot

I don't have Ikea furniture. But I have also recently seen a house with a $17k dining table, $4500 sideboard table, and $5000 cocktail table. So if I was going to parcel out my megabucks on dumb shit, I think I'd rather have the lame furniture and a high end Dubai brothel romp over Kelvin Giormani couches

True. But there are a lot of people who can't afford either. To those people, the boasting can be pretty grating. Especially when it is followed up with claims that anyone can afford it if they just avoid spending "thousands on video games". Like, seriously? How out of touch can you be?

BigAT

I don't have Ikea furniture. But I have also recently seen a house with a $17k dining table, $4500 sideboard table, and $5000 cocktail table. So if I was going to parcel out my megabucks on dumb shit, I think I'd rather have the lame furniture and a high end Dubai brothel romp over Kelvin Giormani couches

You're missing the point. The idea is that you can get better furniture than IKEA (in appearance and certainly more comfortable than their garbage) at a similar price range. IKEA is what you buy when you first move out of your dorm room because you don't know any better. It's for when you're pretending to be an adult because you still haven't learned the reality of it yet.

It's like people that buy Stella Artois because they think it is some high-end beer. You can't buy class or good taste.

bionic77

If you can afford an expensive dining table there is a very good chance you can afford to take a nice trip to Dubai as well. If you have to empty your savings account for something that just means you can't really afford it (and that you are stupid).

I don't get why you would ever pay for pussy unless you were ugly. For me at least, it would be weird being with a girl that was not into me at all. Probably cheaper to just get a fleshlight. That said, if it makes you happy spend your money on whatever the fuck you want.

But as someone who has stayed at some high end resorts like the Ritz, Grand Wailea and flown first class and done some boojie (sp?) things, I personally think that shit is overrated. I do love having a really good dinner, but some of the food I have enjoyed most has been at a hole in the wall. I rarely spend much time in my hotel though so I barely take advantage of any of the nice things they have in it and all the beds are probably equally covered in semen and feces whether you stay at the Burj or the Holiday Inn (though the beds are definitely nicer at a good hotel). But none of this stuff is a substitute for good company. Obviously no one would ever want to be around Tabris so I understand why he tries to fill that hole of emptiness inside with fancy restaurants and hotels so as to convince himself that his life has meaning, but most of my best memories don't revolve about spending money on awesome shit. It is experiences with people. A close second is seeing your sports team winning something meaningful (or watching a hated rival fail in the most painful way possible).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You're missing the point. The idea is that you can get better furniture than IKEA (in appearance and certainly more comfortable than their garbage) at a similar price range. IKEA is what you buy when you first move out of your dorm room because you don't know any better. It's for when you're pretending to be an adult because you still haven't learned the reality of it yet.

It's like people that buy Stella Artois because they think it is some high-end beer. You can't buy class or good taste.

Yeah I was going to say that I went to Ashley furniture and they generally had better stuff for the same price. Oh and I didn't have to build any of it.

No amount of dressing IKEA furniture up changes the fact that it's fucking particle board.

Hunter S.

Sounds like someone is over thinking and generalizing a lot here... Just saying.

bionic77

Yeah I was going to say that I went to Ashley furniture and they generally had better stuff for the same price. Oh and I didn't have to build any of it.

No amount of dressing IKEA furniture up changes the fact that it's fucking particle board.
Yeah when I got IKEA in college I got that garbage because it was the cheapest furniture around.

That is not even true anymore. There are other shitty make it yourself furniture stores online that are cheaper than IKEA. If IKEA is not the cheapest I don't know why anyone would buy that garbage.

Most of their stuff is easy to put together but fuck the drawers.

What about Lowes

Home Depot is better.

Just read this from the Kotaku thread:

The two consoles form part of a wider Microsoft strategy, codenamed “Project Helix” according to one source, to converge Xbox and Windows. For a while now Microsoft has been clear that they want their two prestige brands to work together, as they’ve announced big new exclusives like Gears of War 4 and Sea of Thieves for both Xbox One and PC. Developer sources have told us that Microsoft’s new mandate is to release future games–including the flagship Halo series–on both platforms. The recently-cancelled Fable Legends, which was playable across Windows 10 and Xbox One, was one of the first games to implement this strategy.

If that is indeed reflected at E3 this year (along with the Xbox/PC interface) - I'll be selling off my Xbox One.

brentech

The only thing that bothers me about Tabris
or made a thread about their $30 Italian takeout vs eating at some Michelin-level restaurant. All of those things are great things and it's fun to hear about the things people enjoy!
He would totally shit all over the person that talked about their takeout. He's a fantastic troll and I kind of enjoy him most of the time, but I think he just rolled into his own web with that bullshit.

Ikea has a place. I don't completely write it off, but most of most stuff is disposable tier....some of it isn't. We have a couple pieces of Ikea in our house. Basically if we don't have to put it together, I'm okay with it if it isn't in some main room -- outside of our kitchen table, which is from Ikea and is sturdy / big as fuck.

JRc9Eqi.jpg

Hunter S.

Getting back into the best shape of my life now. Life is great. There is literally no mountain in Colorado I am afraid to tackle this spring and summer. My gf bought an SUV, so it should be a great summer for me being a Colorado Stoner Hippy.

Bless the Broncos and America.

Home Depot is better.

image.php

Also I don't like Halo but glad there's less reason to bother with an xbone now. Does anyone know what's going on with the Xbox division? because all of those moves seem like either panic decisions or things that aren't going to make much money (at least as much as they must want to be doing it in the first place) Pretty weirdly timed too

Y not both

Hunter S.

Nah, he's hit the nail on the head and it's why the Ikea stanning is so hilarious. Tabris is just a kid who doesn't know anything.

I think you misinterpreted what part of what he wrote I was talking about. I do not want to write a small essay to explain myself.

So fuck it. I aint got no time for Tabris bashing.

Does anyone know what's going on with the Xbox division? because all of those moves seem like either panic decisions or things that aren't going to make much money (at least as much as they must want to be doing it in the first place) Pretty weirdly timed too
I don't see panic there. It seems right in line with their vision of expanding the Xbox brand to more than just a console. It's also the continued push for universal services over tied down devices. This version of Microsoft doesn't care whether you're using Windows 10 or the Xbox One - as long as you're partaking in their ecosystem. It's a win for them in that regard. I'm all for it.

I just don't have a need for an Xbox One if the rumors come to fruition as my PC will perform that function just fine (as long as Microsoft continues to fix the shit-fest that is UWP games).

image.php

Also I don't like Halo but glad there's less reason to bother with an xbone now. Does anyone know what's going on with the Xbox division? because all of those moves seem like either panic decisions or things that aren't going to make much money (at least as much as they must want to be doing it in the first place) Pretty weirdly timed too

You think opening up Xbox games to run on Windows PC's will cause MS to make less money? I guess they could possibly lose out on some console sales, even though not all Xbox games are going to be on PC, but they are hoping to get PC gamers into their ecosystem. They want people buying their PC games from the Xbox store rather then on steam. Will it work, no one knows but I cant see them doing this if it is going to cost them money.

You think opening up Xbox games to run on Windows PC's will cause MS to make less money?

Not MS as a whole, but I don't think it helps the Xbox division. I thought they wanted people to buy the Xbone. Having the best game available on multiple platforms and having a bunch of things like the streaming and the mini etc seems like money that's either not going to be made, or that's not going to benefit that division or the Xbone. The Slim is the only one on that list I consider a good idea/deal or beneficial, and the TV I at least understand (competition to Sony's). Rest seems harmful to the brand.

Not MS as a whole, but I don't think it helps the Xbox division. I thought they wanted people to buy the Xbone. Having the best game available on multiple platforms and having a bunch of things like the streaming and the mini etc seems like money that's either not going to be made, or that's not going to benefit that division or the Xbone. The Slim is the only one on that list I consider a good idea/deal or beneficial, and the TV I at least understand (competition to Sony's). Rest seems harmful to the brand.

I honestly dont think the higher ups at MS give a single fuck if the money is coming in through the Xbox division or through the games on PC stuff. As long as people are invested in the ecosystem and paying for XBL they are ecstatic. People seem to be skipping over that even if they put Halo 5 on PC that doesnt mean you still wont need a gold subscription to play it.

I think you misinterpreted what part of what he wrote I was talking about. I do not want to write a small essay to explain myself.

So fuck it. I aint got no time for Tabris bashing.

Ah, the class/good taste bit? Yeah, fair enough.

Hmmm, yeah, if true this seems to hurt their Xbox brand quite a bit, not sure the reasoning.

They'll sell a shitload more copies now games are available on both platforms. It only hurts the brand in terms of gaming side list wars of "real" exclusives.
No, jump in on PC! Especially with that 1070 card coming out! VR time, whee!

I just bought a 970 last year :(

Respect

You think opening up Xbox games to run on Windows PC's will cause MS to make less money? I guess they could possibly lose out on some console sales, even though not all Xbox games are going to be on PC, but they are hoping to get PC gamers into their ecosystem. They want people buying their PC games from the Xbox store rather then on steam. Will it work, no one knows but I cant see them doing this if it is going to cost them money.

Still think it undermines their console brand too much. People aren't going to go away from Steam/GOG for anything other than MS exclusive games. And there still exists a sizable console market.

Sanjuro

It's definitely worth playing.

I've heard the TMNT game is a pile of Shit and Platinum ruined it.

It can be fun multi-player. Probably the best turtles game in decades.

That being said, it's not outstanding. If we could wipe the Out of the Shadows game from history and this had a similar release? Would have been fine.

I honestly dont think the higher ups at MS give a single fuck if the money is coming in through the Xbox division or through the games on PC stuff. As long as people are invested in the ecosystem and paying for XBL they are ecstatic. People seem to be skipping over that even if they put Halo 5 on PC that doesnt mean you still wont need a gold subscription to play it.
Microsoft already tried that on PC - it failed miserably. Halo will be playable without a Gold subscription on PC. Mark my words. The Halo name doesn't have the cache it once had to try and pull that shit in 2016 and it would be rejected as soundly as Xbox Live paid subscriptions were on PC years ago.

squicken

These TV companies need to get their OLED shit together. I want a Total Recall wall TV for my 4k gaming needs. You guys can have your VR stuff

Still think it undermines their console brand too much. People aren't going to go away from Steam/GOG for anything other than MS exclusive games. And there still exists a sizable console market.

It definitely will be interesting to see. I wonder if maybe there is less overlap between the console gaming crowd and the PC gaming crowd then most people think. If console gamers that want to play all the great Xbox exclusives still buy Xbox's and they can add all the PC only gamers to Xbox Live that will be a huge win for them, but on the other hand if everyone that would have bought a new Xbox just says fuck it and plays the games on PC that will obviously hurt them.

Top Bottom