• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

cdyhybrid

If he continues to improve his play from the 2nd half of last season then we're trading whatever rookie we drafted and signing him long-term.

Bradford's issue has been health, not talent.

:jnc

Been thinking about just giving up and cheering for the Texans. Eagles are a 7-9 roster that could have added an impact player. Now they have no depth anywhere but QB and no draft picks. Just a couple key injuries from being 4-12 and giving Cleveland a top 5 pick

Pederson also seems a little too derpy to me. Lurie's only good decision was hiring Reid

Come home squicken
+1

squicken

squicken should do the right thing and take his rightful place on the throne of Texans-GAF.

Its like when Aragorn stopped running from his destiny and became King of Gondor. That can be you, squicks!

I always liked you Grover. When BadGhost and RBH said bad things about you I never believed their lies

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Considering the fact that at one point in time he was trying to convince us that Ryan Mallett could be a decent NFL starter, probably.

Here's Mech eating barbecue trying to convince himself that Mallett is an All Pro quarterback

tumblr_milgnlwgKa1rq41c0o3_500.gif

So you're telling me there is absolutely no way Sam is the long term solution now?

If he comes out and plays well, then the Birds will stick with him. How can you let go of a QB playing at a high level just because you drafted a QB?

This trade will either make Sam rise to the occasion and really play well solidifying his place as the franchise QB, or he will fold under the pressure and we will move on. I'm still betting on the former.

You need more than a decent last half and coming off an injury to earn that kind of treatment. Until he can 1) play well or even just decent consistently, and 2) and most importantly, STAY HEALTHY FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2012, you do not have that long term faith in him. Period. He hasn't earned it.

For an example, in case this is hard to understand, it is as utterly insane to me as trusting Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis with year after year of playoff hopes. What the fuck have they done to deserve that trust? It's year 7 and you're still at square one. With Bradford, it's even the same amount of time! Year 7! Still at square one.

What did he do to earn that kind of trust that he IS the long term solution, or ever can be, besides get hurt and get guaranteed money to get hurt? It sure isn't Wins or Playoff Wins.

effzee

Roseman was on NFLN. The highlights?

- He says the pick will be a QB for sure. They'd be happy with either Wentz or Goff.
- Sam Bradford is the QB for 2016.
- He didn't think there were any players on day 2 of the draft that would help the Eagles.

The Chip Kelly vanilla or chocolate jokes write themselves.:D

I'm kind of stunned that he'd give up what he did without being completely in love with one of those prospects or without having a pretty good idea of what the Rams are going to do.

No player from day 2? I think I'll keep a tally of all the guys drafted on day 2 by other teams to see who could have helped the Eagles.

on paper, it's a terrible trade for the eagles. if wentz or goff works out as a top QB then it's a great trade. can't know for a few years!

also, regarding josh norman, i'm assuming he's going to get suspended or has some issue we don't know about.

Grover, explain to me what's going on? Reading about Norman.

Panthers offered him a non-exclusive franchise tag

Norman never signed the tender, indicating that he would rather hold out for a long term deal than play under the tag.

Panthers and Norman were never close to one another on what that long-term contract should look like.

Panthers decided to let him go now rather than dealing the distraction of a holdout going into the season.

Honestly they did him a favor. He's not playing for ANYONE at the rate that he wanted ($16 mil per year) but the Panthers rescinding the tag does allow him to probably find a $13-14 mil per year deal on the open market.

They could have just as easily just let him sit and make NOTHING until he decided to capitulate.

cdyhybrid

Norman is gonna swindle whoever he signs with if he gets $13-14M.

Hawks-GAF - any thoughts on the mock draft? I'm probably just going to go BPA that fits the mold and has a pretty high SPARQ score, as long as he's at a position where we could use an immediate starter or depth while they develop.

Go Cavs, Amirite?

Im kinda likening Myles Jack for Browns if everything checks out, and I think it did. Wouldn't be bad with a trade down in he teens though

rando14

Hawks-GAF - any thoughts on the mock draft? I'm probably just going to go BPA that fits the mold and has a pretty high SPARQ score, as long as he's at a position where we could use an immediate starter or depth while they develop.

I was actually thinking about the draft today. It seems it's possible that 3 QB's could go in the 1st round. Additionally several CB's will go in the 1st round (which is good for SEA because we have CB depth), and that means a lot of D-line and O-line talent could slip to us. I think OL and DT are probly the two most likely positions. (In reality SEA likely trades out of the 1st round)

I haven't been following the mock so I don't know who's off the board, but I was thinking something along the lines of Chris Jones, Andrew Billings, Sheldon Rankins, Ryan Kelly, Taylor Decker, or Vernon Butler. I'd avoid Nkemdiche at all costs.

cdyhybrid

I was actually thinking about the draft today. It seems it's possible that 3 QB's could go in the 1st round. Additionally several CB's will go in the 1st round (which is good for SEA because we have CB depth), and that means a lot of D-line and O-line talent could slip to us. I think OL and DT are probly the two most likely positions. (In reality SEA likely trades out of the 1st round)

I haven't been following the mock so I don't know who's off the board, but I was thinking something along the lines of Chris Jones, Andrew Billings, Sheldon Rankins, Ryan Kelly, Taylor Decker, or Vernon Butler. I'd avoid Nkemdiche at all costs.
Yeah, I'm not into Nkemdiche either. Pete seems like he can handle guys with some character issues, but there's just too much smoke there for me to feel comfortable.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

OT if there is good value, otherwise DT.

Yeah, I'm not into Nkemdiche either. Pete seems like he can handle guys with some character issues, but there's just too much smoke there for me to feel comfortable.

Reading the wickersham article; I'm all in on Nkemdiche if he drops to us. He will be pissed and want to prove himself.

Also, if we could grab Jaylon Smith in the 3rd round, that'd be nice.

cdyhybrid

OT if there is good value, otherwise DT.

Reading the wickersham article; I'm all in on Nkemdiche if he drops to us. He will be pissed and want to prove himself.

Also, if we could grab Jaylon Smith in the 3rd round, that'd be nice.
If we didn't already have Frank Clark and hasn't lost Mebane's veteran leadership I'd be a little more comfortable. Position groups can typically keep one guy in line if they have strong veterans in his ear, but two might be too much.

Top Bottom