• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hindl

That thread about how can people beat DKC2 without save points is depressing.

I dunno, I mean yeah you gotta just trial and error and get through it. But when you originally played DKC2, how many other games did you have to play? Probably not many, most people I know really only had about 1-2 new games at a time in the SNES/Genesis era. So it was really keep playing DKC2 or nothing. Nowadays, my backlog is like 40 games long, so if I'm just bashing my head against a game and not getting anywhere, I have so many other games that I could play instead. Yeah people are less patient, but I think that's because there are more options now.

RBH

Yo rbh and other atlanta take folks. I just arrived in town and need advice on good places to go to. I am staying over in buckhead right now. Was thinking of checking out the aquarium today too

-Civil Rights museum (National Center for Civil and Human Rights)
-Aquarium
-Piedmont Park
-Ponce City Market (which has Holeman & Finch, home of some of the best burgers around)
-South City Kitchen restaurant (one of the best southern restaurants in the city)
-Antico (pizza)
-Fox Bros BBQ
-Cypress Street Pint and Plate
-Sweetwater Brewery
-Botanical Gardens (at night)

bionic77

I dunno, I mean yeah you gotta just trial and error and get through it. But when you originally played DKC2, how many other games did you have to play? Probably not many, most people I know really only had about 1-2 new games at a time in the SNES/Genesis era. So it was really keep playing DKC2 or nothing. Nowadays, my backlog is like 40 games long, so if I'm just bashing my head against a game and not getting anywhere, I have so many other games that I could play instead. Yeah people are less patient, but I think that's because there are more options now.
I played a shit load of games from Atari to the 32bit era.

You could easily rent a game and beat it in a weekend if you wanted to back then.

What was depressing to me about that thread is that someone could think DKC2 was hard. If you just wanted to progress and did not want to do the secret levels or collect all the coins the game was pretty easy. Especially in the early stages. The mines, the final boss and the special stages were the only hard parts of that game.

If someone was complaining about Ghouls and Ghosts from the NES I could sympathize, but this is just bitch territory.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I played a shit load of games from Atari to the 32bit era.

You could easily rent a game and beat it in a weekend if you wanted to back then.

What was depressing to me about that thread is that someone could think DKC2 was hard. If you just wanted to progress and did not want to do the secret levels or collect all the coins the game was pretty easy. Especially in the early stages. The mines, the final boss and the special stages were the only hard parts of that game.

If someone was complaining about Ghouls and Ghosts from the NES I could sympathize, but this is just bitch territory.

Fuck that game oh my god!

bionic77

Fuck that game oh my god!
I never could do shit against that game as a kid and me and my best friend tried to go back and try and flip it when we were teenagers one weekend and we felt like the eastern conference scrubs trying to beat Lebron.

We could just never get past the last level right before the final boss.

Greg Auman
Greg Auman – Verified account ‏@gregauman

Bucs coach Dirk Koetter said team will have joint practices in August with Jaguars and Browns. Will go to Jax for two days of practices.

I'm just gonna ignore these posts.

You all doubted me when I said the game was still alive, and now you doubting me again.

I never said it'd never come out, I said years ago if it ever did it'd be like DNF. Games that take forever tend to not be worth the hype. It's why I abandoned ship on any new Half Life long ago. If that ever happens/comes out, there's .000003% chance at best it ends up worth the wait

I can't take the pain

I CAN'T TAKE THE PAIN

tumblr_mmymherEO91s5e89mo1_500.gif

manfestival

-Civil Rights museum (National Center for Civil and Human Rights)
-Aquarium
-Piedmont Park
-Ponce City Market (which has Holeman & Finch, home of some of the best burgers around)
-South City Kitchen restaurant (one of the best southern restaurants in the city)
-Antico (pizza)
-Fox Bros BBQ
-Cypress Street Pint and Plate
-Sweetwater Brewery
-Botanical Gardens (at night)
oh snap that's right Sweetwater is here! Gotta check that out and I will look into couple of the others too

Don't go to Coca Cola World. Go to Daddy D'Z's BBQ.
I will consider this

My advice:

Turn around and leave that hellhole
I'm not driving so my say is unacceptable.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Asking a rival's fan what to do in a city is a bold move.

A Chicago Bears fan would encourage me to visit the more "diverse" parts of Chicago and tell me to wear certain colors or something.

Yeah I was spoiled as shit but still would only have a new game or maybe two at a time. A lot of times I was just burning through video game rentals. Kids back then knew to rent on Thursday because the rental store was closed on Sunday so you got a free day. Christmas was the only time it was 3 or more.

oh snap that's right Sweetwater is here! Gotta check that out and I will look into couple of the others too

I will consider this

I'm not driving so my say is unacceptable.

I'm sorry :(

In all seriousness, I did enjoy my time in Atlanta over New Years. I may have been under the influence of alcohol for at least 80% of my visit tho. Yall talk about Grovering? Lemetellya, I got it in that weekend

I know, but you should expect zero and be surprised to get anything. He'll never make the final roster and everyone knows it.

It upsets me greatly that Harbaugh and co almost certainly spent more months contemplating (and finally actually) signing Trent Richardson than they did on Tyrod's contract

If they kept Tyrod, we don't have the shit Clausen/Mallet situation. But nope, now we've lost Tyrod, got and lost Clausen, got Mallet, hurt Flacco, and got Trent.

Been a rough year and a half for RavensGAF :[ For the whole division in general, really. Steelers crippled themselves in a game the Bengals gave away anyway, Bengals never winning a playoff game ever, and Browns never even contending again

bionic77

Don't get me wrong, I hope he makes it, but if he does all that will illustrate is how far the Rats' run game has fallen.
Jokes aside, it makes zero sense to pick him up.

I am sure whoever is on the practice squad is a better player then he is. He is just not an NFL running back. It is not hard to find a better back than him and he is just taking up a roster spot.

The only thing I can think of is that they want him to be the fall guy for whatever assault of murder their players commit this season. He could probably be useful for that purpose.

Jokes aside, it makes zero sense to pick him up.

I am sure whoever is on the practice squad is a better player then he is. He is just not an NFL running back. It is not hard to find a better back than him and he is just taking up a roster spot.

The only thing I can think of is that they want him to be the fall guy for whatever assault of murder their players commit this season. He could probably be useful for that purpose.

I remember rolling my eyes when Jim Brown said he was shit. That won't happen again.

So I fired up Overwatch on my 4 year old Asus laptop, which has an i7-2680 processor and a GT 630M graphics card. The game runs fairly smoothly though it looks like a Super NES game at medium settings, locked to 30 fps in 1920x1080.

Might need to fuck around with that a bit to see if I can sharpen the graphics at all, but with this card that might be the best I'm gonna get.

The Bone version is still on my wish list for Father's Day. I have no trouble double-dipping for Blizzard games.

First game in, decided to go vs. AI in Easy mode with a bunch of other people. Played Soldier 76 and went 36-0. Felt good. And is surely about as misrepresentative of how well I'll play against others as can possibly be.

And, to keep this on topic, fuck the Pats.

Line_HTX

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 28m28 minutes ago

U.S. Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter announced today that WR/RS Keenan Reynolds may defer his military service to play in the NFL.

Top Bottom