• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

manfestival

that feeling when today is actually my birthday but it is memorial day so people would rather go to the beach or be somber
kunk-rum.gif

I'd kick my owner out of the league if they'd let me.
I would too friend.

He's not starting the first half of the season. There's a reason we didn't trade Bradford and gave Daniel big money.

Because you're an incompetent organization that's never won a Super Bowl?
:jnc

I'll be a good stud. I made Bread. I also made Floyd but I'm not proud of that.
No...That's Impossible!!!!

brentech

Happy bday to Da Boi Gotor, hopefully spin gets you your copy of Force Awakens today.

I'm personally still patiently waiting
Sorry I went mute for quite a while before out last game of Overwatch. Wife came into office with all sorts of questions.
Didn't help that the opposing team was pretty well coordinated.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
With all the hype about the Lions offense going into the season people tend to forget we had the 2nd best rush defense of all time.

Our defense last year was solid despite losing key starters and dealing with a Joe Lombardi offense that would keep the defense on the field for 80% of the game.

Haloti Ngata: Lions' defensive line is deep and talented

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions faced some serious depth issues along the defensive line at the outset of the offseason. Especially at tackle, where both starters were eligible to hit free agency.

So the Lions went on a spending spree.

They re-signed one starter, Haloti Ngata, to a two-year deal. They re-upped with the other starter, Tyrunn Walker, on a one-year deal. And they signed veteran Stefan Charles to compete with Caraun Reid for backup jobs.

Then they went out in the NFL draft, and used a second-round pick to add Alabama's A'Shawn Robinson to that mix.

With the pads off, it's impossible to say where he's at in his development. But Robinson is a first-round talent who is drawing rave reviews inside Allen Park for his physicality and quick learning curve, and didn't look out of place mixing it up with the starters.

"A'Shawn's awesome, man," Ngata said. "He's freaking big and strong, and he's going to be a student of the game. He pays attention, and just always corrects what he needs to correct. He's going to be a good player."

"He definitely takes it seriously. I was asking him about playbook stuff, and he's answering the questions (no problem). So he's definitely taking it seriously. He's a great student of the game right now."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...ns_defensive_l.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Teryl Austin the wizard. Going to be a Head Coach next year. Shocked no teams hired him as Head Coach this past offseason.

Sorry I went mute for quite a while before out last game of Overwatch. Wife came into office with all sorts of questions.
Didn't help that the opposing team was pretty well coordinated.
No worries. Good games, some of them got pretty wild haha. Hopefully we can all play again soon.

I'm gonna watch Roots tonight but I feel a little bad cause I never saw the original, at least not when I was old enough to remember anything from it, but I do remember my parents watching it when I was really little.

Slo

Having and raising a baby is fucking insane, anyone who tells you otherwise is either heavily medicated or just plain fucked in head. I don't even want to imagine twins/triplets, I would literally throw myself out of a window.

Sew that into a pillow.

JABEE

Have always wanted to, but the new miniseries is conveniently starting tonight which is why I'm watching it. Huge LeVar Burton fan, which I assume anyone who grew up in the early 90s is. Between Roots, Star Trek TNG, and Reading Rainbow LeVar Burton has an incredible legacy.
I'm watching the new one as well. I'm going to rewatch the original after the new series is finished.

Did I?

Did I BlackGhost?

Do all of those dabs, footballs delivered to needy children, angry letters, Ted Ginn drops really matter if they didn't close the deal in the end?

Ok, I now wish that your team does worse then the new era Browns for the rest of eternity. Let the bad mojo flow through your organization.

Bitanator

This is awesome.

Watt haters shield your eyes ...

He meets the criteria for this post and does so about 3 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than the other guys. And the only two guys to beat him in both 3 cone and broad jump are Miller and Ware ... the top two sack guys on their rookie deals defined as "edge rushers". Who are both OLBs but combined don't have as many passes defended as Watt

2bn0iZX.jpg

If not for injuries Ware would still be a 15-20 sack guy. Hall of fame bound when he retires.

Ok, I now wish that your team does worse then the new era Browns for the rest of eternity. Let the bad mojo flow through your organization.

Honestly....that would probably feel better.

There is no worse pain than snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. You Browns fans have it easy. Knowing your team ain't shit and never will be shit means you can never be disappointed. Must be a great life when you can exceed expectations with 7 wins.

Godslay

Banned
Did I?

Did I BlackGhost?

Do all of those dabs, footballs delivered to needy children, angry letters, Ted Ginn drops really matter if they didn't close the deal in the end?

Let's be real.

Panthers fans were arrogant. (Aside from you, who managed to some degree).

That arrogance blinded them to the slaughter that would occur, much like it did to the Broncos in 48.

Gobias

Banned
Honestly....that would probably feel better.

There is no worse pain than snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. You Browns fans have it easy. Knowing your team ain't shit and never will be shit means you can never be disappointed. Must be a great life when you can exceed expectations with 7 wins.
Nah.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I agree that coming up just short is worse than just being awful all season.

But decades of consecutive awful seasons is the worst.

So many missed opportunities for the Packers that really hurt.

2007 and 2011 in recent memory jump out to me. Fucking Giants deprived us of a Packers-Pats Super Bowl.

Gobias

Banned
I have seen my favorite teams lose championship games. I can say that it is far better than going pretty much your whole life not giving a shit about the upcoming NFL season because you know your team will never do anything. The last time the Browns won a playoff game was a couple weeks before I was born. Having hope and being excited about your team is far better than indifference. It's just boring.

Top Bottom