• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMczaf

a87cf39eecc8834b19d4fd9392a3aac3

What is this Greg?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
a87cf39eecc8834b19d4fd9392a3aac3

What is this Greg?

Speaking of coffee...

Starbucks adding Nitro Coffee to its menu:

magine a coffee that looks like a Guinness: Dark, but effervescent, and with a foamy head on top. That's what nitro looks like. But it tastes nothing like beer. Nitro is made when cold brew coffee is joined by nitrogen gas in a refrigerated tank. The amount of gas added varies, but generally falls around 20 percent by volume. The beverage emerges from a tap looking like a cascade of brown liquid.

Its taste is the most surprising thing about it: like an iced coffee that already has cream and a touch of sugar added. In fact, it is completely sugar- and dairy-free. Nitro coffee contains only cold brew coffee and nitrogen.

Interesting report from Jordan Ranaan.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/05/jake_matthews_progression_provides_hope_for_giants.html

The ankle can be partly to blame, but it was just a small piece of the story. Flowers, 22, was considered raw and technically flawed coming out of Miami. It showed in his first professional season, and led to a rocky relationship with former line coach Pat Flaherty. The two butted heads on multiple occasions throughout the season, multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation told NJ Advance Media.

There were some follow-up reports from other writers stating the same and nothing that they got into it a few times. Makes sense as to why Flaherty was let go and Mike Solari was brought in as McAdoo's offensive line coach.

PFF's list of worst off season moves.

10. Vikings assembling the best O-line of 2012…in 2016
9. Eagles handing Chase Daniel a $21 million contract to be a No. 3 QB
8. Falcons drafting Keanu Neal in the first round
7. Browns rolling into 2016 with RG III as the presumptive starter at QB
6. Seahawks drafting Germain Ifedi in the first round
5. Giants making Janoris Jenkins one of the best-paid CBs (five years, $62.5 million, $29 million guaranteed)
4. Jets drafting QB Christian Hackenberg in the second round
3. Falcons signing WR Mohamed Sanu to a five-year, $32.5 million contract
2. Buccaneers drafting a kicker in the second round
1. Texans handing Brock Osweiler $72 million based on seven games

no lies detected

5. Giants making Janoris Jenkins one of the best-paid CBs (five years, $62.5 million, $29 million guaranteed)

no lies detected

I feel like we can take the browns out of the top 10 and put the Dolphins for their terrible draft/FA period

no lies detected

Mech vs DM to see who is most disrespected

no lies detected

#9 should be much higher. Chase is the highest paid backup ever, and he has barely any actual game experience in the NFL. Howie was bidding against himself since no one else wanted Chase and he still went crazy with the money.

Striker

They were talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick on Mike and Mike and mentioned how he deserves the money because guys like Osweiler and Bradford got some incredible money. I can agree with it, but then someone (not sure who) said Chase Daniel was given normal backup money, which isn't true at all.

Interesting report from Jordan Ranaan.

There were some follow-up reports from other writers stating the same and nothing that they got into it a few times. Makes sense as to why Flaherty was let go and Mike Solari was brought in as McAdoo's offensive line coach.

New York Giants ‏@Giants 51s52 seconds ago

"Two young guys who are coming along nicely and making real progress." - Coach McAdoo on Bobby Hart & Ereck Flowers. #Giants
Hart going hard for the RT job. Geremy Davis got the nod at WR with OBJ and Cruz missing today, and he did well, too. Be great if he can make a leap up the depth chart and be given some chances (in the red-zone).

RBH

no lies detected
DywrZiB.gif

They were talking about Ryan Fitzpatrick on Mike and Mike and mentioned how he deserves the money because guys like Osweiler and Bradford got some incredible money. I can agree with it, but then someone (not sure who) said Chase Daniel was given normal backup money, which isn't true at all.

lol we gave Matt Moore a two year 3.5 million dollar deal....and I think even that was too much.

rando14

no lies detected

T4Xhizv.gif

Chase has exactly one TD and 50 completions in his entire NFL career and Howie gave him $21 to be our 3rd string QB. That is a historically bad deal. If Chip had made a deal like that he would have gotten savaged by the press.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

no lies detected

Holy fuck I had no idea the Eagles signed Chase Daniel to a $21 Million contract. Why?

I don't think the RGIII signing was bad at all. Browns are in rebuilding mode and we'll be able to see how much RGIII has left in the tank. In the meantime the Browns can see what they have from the 2015 draft and the 2016 draft.

If RGIII doesn't work out just add him to that long Tim Couch jersey and move on till they find their franchise QB.

The Lions signing Marvin Jones from Cincy will be one of the Top 10 best offseason moves when all is said and done. He's going to be putting up yuge numbers with our offense.

]Holy fuck I had no idea the Eagles signed Chase Daniel to a $21 Million contract. Why?[/B]

I don't think the RGIII signing was bad at all. Browns are in rebuilding mode and we'll be able to see how much RGIII has left in the tank. In the meantime the Browns can see what they have from the 2015 draft and the 2016 draft.

If RGIII doesn't work out just add him to that long Tim Couch jersey and move on till they find their franchise QB.

The Lions signing Marvin Jones from Cincy will be one of the Top 10 best offseason moves when all is said and done. He's going to be putting up huge numbers with our offense.

Dougie really likes him for some unknown reason. Maybe he has proof that he was banging that secretary in KC and he black-mailed him or something. I have no idea.

I've been associated with the NFL since my rookie season in 2001, and in 15 years I have never once heard of any player being in full pads before training camp. Never. That's why the initial Ravens "source" that told at least one beat reporter covering the team that it was a misunderstanding regarding the rules for rookie minicamp is full of horse manure.

And now their fans lost some credibility and room to talk when detailing the exploits of the hated Patriots over the years.

Is having rookies on the field in pads for a few minutes that big of a deal? Not really, no. That makes the fact that the Ravens tried it even dumber.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/181254908/ravens-rookies-full-pads-practice-illegal-fine

Dougie really likes him for some unknown reason. Maybe he has proof that he was banging that secretary in KC and he black-mailed him or something. I have no idea.

Doug just wanted him to teach the offense. Apparently reports from camp are that he's good at doing exactly that. Why they needed to spend that much on him is a mystery, but he's an easy cut next season.

Striker

They were saying "Doug Pederson was the bridge for Donovan McNabb, he knows how to do it" or something. Yet I don't recall Pederson getting paid by Reid a bunch of money, especially to purposely hold the clipboard.

He hasn't had a season in the league where he hasn't been hurt or benched. That's forgivable when you're still in year 2 or 3, but he's about to be on year 5. Just like Bradford with year 7 ahead, at some point you have to pull the plug on having someone that erratic leading a team

Fitz is available, they could have easily got him or done anything other than start RG3. Even having him be the backup is fine; signing him isn't the problem, having him be your only chance in 2016 is.

He hasn't had a season in the league where he hasn't been hurt or benched. That's forgivable when you're still in year 2 or 3, but he's about to be on year 5. Just like Bradford with year 7 ahead, at some point you have to pull the plug on having someone that erratic leading a team

Fitz is available, they could have easily got him or done anything other than start RG3. Even having him be the backup is fine; signing him isn't the problem, having him be your only chance in 2016 is.

RG3 has more upside than Fitz....I see no issue with the browns going with RG3 as the starter...they are in a far better situation QB wise than the Broncos/Jets/9ers (at the end of the year we might be able to throw the Texans and Bills in that group too.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

It's weird. I feel like more and more you see assistants/coaches get attached to some back up qb when switching jobs. Like they're paranoid about teaching their system to a new group.

Top Bottom