• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fantomex

I said....That's my QB!

Goff-Deep.gif

Farooq

Banned
Stephen Jones on Bosa and Ramsey. I wish we had this interview before the mock.

"He's (Bosa) just one solid football player. He's all about the game. He's certainly been trained the right way. His father, his uncles were all top-notch NFL football players. My understanding is the younger brother is one heck of a football player. Football runs in that family through and through. He's certainly one of the best players in this draft, and he'll certainly get strong consideration from us. I do think he'll be one of the top players picked, as he deserves to be. He's a great football player."

On where defensive back Jalen Ramsey, of Florida State, could play in the secondary:

"He can do both. He's got a little bit of Byron Jones in him, who is able as we know to line up all over the place for us. Lined up at corner, lined up at free safety, lined up covering tight ends in the nickel. He's very versatile. I think Jalen's probably a little bit the same way. He's probably a better corner than Byron is a corner. But he's another one that's one of the best football players in this draft. He's got great football intangibles, another great football player that will be picked high in this draft."

Fantomex

I was at this game.

How many interceptions did he throw? :)

he threw for 5 interceptions. And believe it or not, this game and his 1-8 season is why teams want him this year. You'll see this game on all the summaries for the draft. He kept on throwing it and didn't get shook.

Also, sorry you live in Utah.

Yup, it's all about getting Romo that ring,

I know...I really hope they go with Tunsil..but I doubt they pick a LT at 3

Also for KC I guess Alexander is the pick?

Apple is the KC pick. Well, my opinion anyway. He's likely the next highest rated CB on the board and KC is likely to go CB.

Here's the write up:
"You mean the Steelers passed on Apple?"
crf.0.gif

Ok, Apple is one of two guys I was going to take so if KC is taking him here you go:

With the 29th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select Noah Spence, OLB out of Eastern Kentucky.

With Ryan Kelly and the better corner backs off the board, the Cardinals take a chance with the BPA who happens to play at a premium position after the Broncos just showed how crucial and potent it can be to have two great edge rushers. The pairing of Chandler Jones and Noah Spence would completely transform the anemic Cardinals pass rush overnight. With Campbell forcing pressure on the interior, the Cards rush attack could be quite formidable. Pair this with some stellar play out of the secondary and opposing offensive coordinators will lose sleep trying to draw up exploits.

Noah is rated an early first round talent but has struggled with off the field issues the past few years. He has recently shown remorse and reportedly finds inspiration from the Honey Badger in shedding a negative character image to remake himself and focus on football. Keim will ask Spence the same tough questions he asked Mathieu and if Spence is honest, who has a better chance of keeping the kids nose clean than the franchise with the Honey Badger himself. A coach that also nearly derailed his own football career off the field and as a result is understanding and empathetic. The Cardinals have strong leadership in the locker room and hold each other accountable. This is an environment where Noah can succeed and with his talent he'll make those that passed on him pay - on the field.

Bowser

Not sure who's doing the Panthers pick (Grover?), but given the way the GAF mock has fallen, think the pick would be either Dodd or Ogbah. Getty loves him some pass rushers.

Top Bottom