• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JABEE

9mbiPqt.jpg

Bowser

Panthers select DE Kevin Dodd, Clemson.

Ogbah is intriguing, but his potential never seemed to match his production. Dodd should do well as a situational pass rusher in year 1 before likely taking over for Charles Johnson in year 2.

Panthers select DE Kevin Dodd, Clemson.

Ogbah is intriguing, but his potential never seemed to match his production. Dodd should do well as a situational pass rusher in year 1 before likely taking over for Charles Johnson in year 2.

Alright Broncos are last, if anyone on Broncos Gaf wants to do the pick go ahead otherwise we'll do the final pick at 8PM PST

jbug617

Banned
Down to Washington and New Orleans for Norman. Saints have to make space to sign him though
AdamSchefter: As CB Josh Norman is with Redskins, Saints are making strong push to sign him, per sources. Decision down to Redskins and Saints.
@AdamSchefter: To sign Josh Norman, Saints would have to get creative with contract, as only Chiefs have less cap space than NO, which has $3.44M cap room.

Colasante

Down to Washington and New Orleans for Norman. Saints have to make space to sign him though

What a joke that'd be by the Saints if they actually signed him. I can't remember the last time an NFL team was this bad at managing their salary cap. They're in such bad shape I have to imagine this is just posturing by Norman's agent to get Washington to fork over the money he wants.

Saints have 3.5 mil in cap room

Are supposed to sign a guy for 14 mil+ per year

Nah jack. His agent should have used a more reasonable team as a bargaining chip with the WNF

Bowser

lol god I hope the Saints somehow restructure Brees contract to fit a $15-16m dollar salary for Norman under their cap. Literally the worst team at managing the cap.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Eric Ebron seeks future as Matthew Stafford's most trusted target

Eric Ebron has had to be patient. Not by choice, but by circumstance. Now entering his third year, with some notable offseason changes to the Detroit Lions' roster, the athletic tight end is eyeing a significant jump in production.

A first-round pick in 2014, Ebron entered a situation where he wasn't immediately viewed as a primary option in the offense.

The Lions already had Calvin Johnson, arguably the greatest wide receiver of his era. The team had also committed a five-year, $31 million contract to Golden Tate, a four-year veteran who had shown steady statistical improvement each season.

Things were a bit different for Odell Beckham, a wide receiver selected by the New York Giants two spots after Ebron. In two years, Beckham has emerged as one of the league's brightest young stars.

"What he's done with the Giants has become extraordinary," Ebron said in a wide-ranging interview with 105.1-FM Detroit. "One, he was the man. He's the only target there right now. It's either Odell Beckham or someone you hope can put their hands on the ball. I came into a situation where we had Calvin, we had Golden, we had Reggie Bush at the time and those guys were light years ahead of where I was as far as the NFL game and understanding."

"You're not going to override Calvin Johnson, in no way, shape or form," Ebron said. "If ya'll wanted to take Odell Beckham, you could've had him and he probably would have sat back and did the same thing I'm doing now -- waiting for his time to produce because he have so many superstars that are already established in front of you".

"I'm going to try to be Matthew (Stafford)'s safety net, his best friend on the football field," Ebron said. "You always have to find that one guy, and I'm not going to say right now it's going to me, but that's what I'm going to work for, work toward during OTAs and minicamp."

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...ric_ebron_1051.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Great interview with Ebron. I think he's poised to do great things this year. With so many other matchup problems for defense like Theo Riddick, Eric Ebron is going to burn LBs trying to cover him 1 on 1.

I wish I had endless optimism.

The optimism starts with Matthew Stafford and how I've watch this team rebuild from the 0-16 2008 disaster to talented roster of young players at young positions.

I knew when I watched Stafford's first NFL game at New Orleans he was the real deal. I knew it would take time though considering he took over the worst team in NFL history. I was hoping it wouldn't take this long, but he's still on pace to break most QB records and is hitting the QB age prime.

If we had to draft a QB as our franchise savior I wouldn't be as optimistic.

MRSA

Banned
I feel as though Josh Norman could turn to be another Nnamdi Asomugaha, product of the system. Aso is probably one of the best press cover corner ever, the Iggles had to sign him to play zone (Which he has almost no experience at).

From my understanding Norman was a product of a good front 7 getting pressure and playing zone.

That being said, we got Sean Smith for a pretty good price. He's not an elite CB but he's pretty good.

I feel as though Josh Norman could turn to be another Nnamdi Asomugaha, product of the system. Aso is probably one of the best press cover corner ever, the Iggles had to sign him to play zone (Which he has almost no experience at).

From my understanding Norman was a product of a good front 7 getting pressure and playing zone.

That being said, we got Sean Smith for a pretty good price. He's not an elite CB but he's pretty good.

I didn't think Nnamdi would of translated so poorly to a new system, but damn he fell off the face of the earth going to Philly.

MRSA

Banned
I didn't think Nnamdi would of translated so poorly to a new system, but damn he fell off the face of the earth going to Philly.

Nnamdi was a converted safety to corner, he was god fucking awful his first two seasons then all of a sudden it clicked. I fucking loved watching Nnamdi play, the guy stuck to his man like no other. He was also probably one of the most humble guys ever. I remember asking him if he's coming back to the Raiders when he was at the restaurant I was working at, he said that's up to Coach Davis. Then we go and pay mother fucking Stanford Routt #1 CB money, I was so sad.......

Fantomex

This is a true.

You're in Worst Coast now, Whitewheat Bread. Relinquish your old fandoms.

Now Grover even though I do take pleasure in hearing you put down Bead, I've heard many slanderous and vile things said about you, and I have not engaged in acknowledging them. But if you're gonna sit here and calle the West Coast, the coast that touches what we know as The Pacific Ocean, which happens to be the place where my team, The Los Angeles Rams resides. Then sir you better get ready for war. We here at Ramsnation will not take any insults lightly to our team or our geographic location.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Nnamdi was pretty awesome as a Raider though. Legit shutdown corner and he didn't play, IIRC, on anywhere near the type of defense the Panthers had last year.

Nnamdi fell off hard at and after Philly. Some of it was defensive schemes supposedly being run but he was never the same with Oakland.

From what I watched of Josh Norman he was great with the Panthers but look at the defense he was playing with. He's a Top 10 Corner in the league but probably lower on the list.

I'd rank Darius Slay ahead of him and whatever Norman gets in Free Agency, I'm afraid Darius Slay may want more.

So will they
3w2MWDX.png

:jnc

MRSA

Banned
Nnamdi was pretty awesome as a Raider though. Legit shutdown corner and he didn't play, IIRC, on anywhere near the type of defense the Panthers had last year.

Nnamdi fell off hard at and after Philly. Some of it was defensive schemes supposedly being run but he was never the same with Oakland.

From what I watched of Josh Norman he was great with the Panthers but look at the defense he was playing with. He's a Top 10 Corner in the league but probably lower on the list.

I'd rank Darius Slay ahead of him and whatever Norman gets in Free Agency, I'm afraid Darius Slay may want more.

:jnc

You made a great assessment then you go and kas it up at the end.

rando14

Hmmm... East coast has Cookout which is dope!!... but they also have the Carolinas which is probly the butthole of the United States and they hate the gays... so East coast loses

I am just worried about woodheads former teammates

Why must you bring race into this brotha

Who do you think Our Browns will draft, Ryefriend

odell-beckham-jr-burns-josh-norman-and-drops-td-pass.gif

Enjoy this twice a year without baseball bats Josh!

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
Josh Norman has signed a 5-year contract with the #Redskins worth $75M, source said.

Snyder DGAF

Top Bottom