• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

squicken

I kinda wonder how the fates of Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith will impact future NCAA players. If I was advising a player, who had established himself as a first round pick, and was draft eligible, I'd tell him to stop playing. November? Right before the bowl game? Doesn't matter. Too much to lose

Smith would have been a top 15 pick and now may not get drafted. Jack is a total wildcard b/c his injury is also complicated.

rando14

we made it boys

we made it

DBsLDis.gif

time for game

Jarnet87

Yes, b/c he has a short deal and Philly is on the hook for $11m of his salary this year. Jets and Broncos would be the obvious teams. Those teams aren't rolling out week one with Geno and Sanchez as starters

You're part of the problem, wanting to keep these shit quarterbacks around. Sam Bradford is garbage. He should be out of the league. Sanchez is equally garbage but I would rather play him to manage a game with that Broncos D. I think the Jets will get a deal done with Fitzpatrick. If the Jets aren't gonna bother resigning Fitz you think they would waste a quality draft pick for Bradford. May as well throw Geno out there and guarantee that top 5 pick for 2017.

squicken

You're part of the problem, wanting to keep these shit quarterbacks around. Sam Bradford is garbage. He should be out of the league. Sanchez is equally garbage but I would rather play him to manage a game with that Broncos D. I think the Jets will get a deal done with Fitzpatrick. If the Jets aren't gonna bother resigning Fitz you think they would waste a quality draft pick for Bradford. May as well throw Geno out there and guarantee that top 5 pick for 2017.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. But 2015 was a pretty clear demonstration of the vast difference between Bradford and Sanchez. The Eagles players gave up when Sanchez played. Sanchez's Jets teammates didn't think much of him, either. So I really doubt that Elway would go that direction, or the Hoyer direction for that matter

If you think Bradford and buttfumble are even remotely close then you mist be a crazy person.

effzee

Yes, b/c he has a short deal and Philly is on the hook for $11m of his salary this year. Jets and Broncos would be the obvious teams. Those teams aren't rolling out week one with Geno and Sanchez as starters

Why would the Eagles want to when they already paid his 11m?

They have picks in the 3rd, 5th, and 6th rounds. Find depth there for the Oline.

I'm not sold on the trade but I also don't agree that depth or starters can only be found in the 1st round.

I kinda wonder how the fates of Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith will impact future NCAA players. If I was advising a player, who had established himself as a first round pick, and was draft eligible, I'd tell him to stop playing. November? Right before the bowl game? Doesn't matter. Too much to lose

Smith would have been a top 15 pick and now may not get drafted. Jack is a total wildcard b/c his injury is also complicated.

It's complicated, because that player also feels beholden to his teammate, coach, friends, and university.

Even with millions of dollars at stake, honor and commitment mean something.

MechDX

It's complicated, because that player also feels beholden to his teammate, coach, friends, and university.

I believe he has a 5 million dollar insurance policy in case this happened. He is going to be miserable

Slo

I'd stab any of you in the back for a wrinkled up Harriet Tubman.

Jarnet87

If you think Bradford and buttfumble are even remotely close then you mist be a crazy person.

their stats are pretty similar, and Sanchez played surprisingly well in his playoff games. Plus he's got the durability edge. I made the point of saying they are both garbage, but If I'm stuck with one I would take Sanchez. I would rather give any QB in this draft class the starting job over those two.

RBH

2015-NFL-Draft-Round-1-Main-Set1-660x400.jpg

ESPN’s presentation of the 2016 NFL Draft – the company’s 37th consecutive year televising the event – begins Thursday, April 28, at 8 p.m. ET from Chicago’s Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University. For the fifth straight year, the first hour of Round 1 will air with limited commercial interruption. ESPN will also televise Rounds 2-3 (Friday, 7 p.m.) from the Auditorium Theatre, as well as Rounds 4-7 (Saturday, 12 p.m.) from nearby Grant Park. A one-hour SportsCenter Special: Draft Countdown (7 p.m.) precedes Thursday’s opening round. Production highlights:

• 400 player highlight packages
  • 50 player personality bumps
  • 25 specialty technical breakdowns with analysis from Jon Gruden, Louis Riddick, and Todd McShay
  • 27 cameras, including two RF handheld cameras, two RF steadicams, and five jib cameras
  • 20 player live shots
  • Select draft room cameras from team sites
  • Opening tease featuring Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones
  • Chicago bred rapper Rockie Fresh covers Bill Withers’ Who Is He (And What Is He To You)

ESPN NFL Draft Commentators:

Thursday, April 28 (Round 1): Chris Berman hosts with veteran NFL Draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr., Monday Night Football analyst and Super Bowl-winning head coach Jon Gruden, and NFL Front Office Insider Louis Riddick. NFL Insider Adam Schefter, NFL host Suzy Kolber, and a team of ESPN bureau reporters providing updates from team sites will also contribute to the telecast.

Friday, April 29 (Rounds 2-3) and Saturday, April 30 (Rounds 4-7): Trey Wingo hosts with Kiper, Riddick, Schefter, and NFL Draft analyst Todd McShay.
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/04/176929/

Opening tease featuring Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones
No thanks.

their stats are pretty similar, and Sanchez played surprisingly well in his playoff games. Plus he's got the durability edge. I made the point of saying they are both garbage, but If I'm stuck with one I would take Sanchez. I would rather give any QB in this draft class the starting job over those two.
Last year both guys played in the same offense and they were not even close. Buttfumble was the 2nd worst QB in the nfl, behind only Foles. Bradford started slow but had a great second half. No team in the league would pick buttfumble if they could have either one.

Pepiope

Sanchez is shit who can't throw a ball accurately further than 10-15 yards.

This isn't even a debate, Bradford is the much better QB.

MechDX

Who is making the draft OT in the OT forum?

I cant remember but do they close this one down and make us post there? Im thinking I was posting in both threads last year

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

I cant remember but do they close this one down and make us post there? Im thinking I was posting in both threads last year

Fuck all that. If a mod wants to move this thread into OT, so be it. Otherwise, leave it alone.

MechDX

Fuck all that. If a mod wants to move this thread into OT, so be it. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Then we will be forced to post in the OT. Someone will likely die! Why do you want that?

Also Matt Miller finished his NFL Draft 400 series where he ranks all the draftees by position but its in slideshow format....

http://bleacherreport.com/users/396992-matt-miller/archives/newest?rel=nofollow

What is that link again to see these in regular, not annoying as shit format?

Last year we had two threads open. After round 1 I think the OT thread died down alittle

Euron

Game of Thrones used to be in the top caliber of shows but took a catastrophic dive last season, culminating in...a god damn sweep of the Emmys?

True Detective Season 1 was the best thing HBO has done in the past decade though.

MechDX

http://deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=h...draft-400-ranking-the-top-tight-ends-for-2016

POSITIVES

Tyler Higbee began his career at wide receiver but quickly outgrew the position. Fortunately for NFL teams, he still runs like a wideout while having the frame to box out defenders.

The time spent snagging passes at receiver paid off for Higbee. He is an excellent hands catcher all over the field, making plays both in traffic and in space. The ball comes to his hands naturally, and Higbee does a good job securing the ball to get upfield.

With top-tier size and agility, Higbee can separate on 10- to 15-yard routes with ease. He's a nightmare matched up against NCAA linebackers who aren't able to balance power and speed in coverage. He has a strong upper body and hands that do well in congestion both before and after the catch.

When getting into his routes, Higbee shows the burst you want in a top-tier tight end. He'll chew up yardage and press defensive backs off his route with his straight-line speed. He's a smart route-runner who times his steps and turns to meet the ball. He'll bail out his quarterback with a big catch radius in traffic
*Editors Note*: After publish, Tyler Higbee was arrested and charged with second-degree assault, alcohol intoxication in a public place and second-degree fleeing or evading police after a bar fight incident. He will be pleading not guilty for reasons of self defense.

Pro Comparison: Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers

FINAL GRADE: 6.40/9.00 (Round 2-3—Future Starter)

Such a damn shame he got fucked up and started screaming "ISIS dees nuts" to someone. Dat pro comparison!

RBH

Can we just move this existing thread to the OT for the 1st round of the draft, and then move it back here afterwards?

Last year, we had two threads open at the same time and it was dumb.

Xia, your thoughts?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Last year Dutch made it I think and put it up the day before.

Can we just move this existing thread to the OT for the 1st round of the draft, and then move it back here afterwards?

Last year, we had two threads open at the same time and it was dumb.

Xia, your thoughts?

I can ask the rest of the mods about it, but traditionally "major events" get their own threads so I doubt we can do a temp move. It's why the Super Bowl, major tournaments, and other league finals get to be able to go in OT separately. I recall Evilore mentioning something like that when he was wondering why there wasn't a SB thread in OT a couple years back as opposed to staying in Community.

RBH

I can ask the rest of the mods about it, but traditionally "major events" get their own threads so I doubt we can do a temp move. It's why the Super Bowl, major tournaments, and other league finals get to be able to go in OT separately. I recall Evilore mentioning something like that when he was wondering why there wasn't a SB thread in OT a couple years back as opposed to staying in Community.
I see.

I'm just not a fan of splitting up the discussion between two threads. Maybe we can close this existing thread for just the 1st round of the Draft, just so everyone is in one place?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I see.

I'm just not a fan of splitting up the discussion between two threads. Maybe we can close this existing thread for just the 1st round of the Draft, just so everyone is in one place?

That's a lot easier to get buy-in on, as long as people in here are fine with that route.

Slo

I see.

Let's keep the OT kids in the OT. They can have a separate, but equal, discussion about the Draft there.

MechDX

I see.

How many posters do you want to see die?? Why do you want that on your conscience?

Jack's injury was unfortunate and occurred early in the season. IMO he should be ready by start of season but teams/owners wants answers now. His contract is gonna be an incentives type.

Top Bottom