• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

effzee

The plan isn't to be a better team this year, clearly. It's to be a better team in 2-3 years. I don't see how anyone has ever thought that this year was going to be anything but the beginning of a rebuild.

Then why sign Bradford?

I am not stroking anyone as I think the trade is dumb. I don't think Sam Bradford is a good QB, and I don't think he can take the team anywhere. I'm for getting a new QB. I just wouldn't have traded that much for it. The team is going to be in the best shape to win something in the next 2-3 years IF they had picks to round out their needs. Now they don't. I'd rather they kept picks and taken a QB in later rounds.

All I can see is a team that gave him a boatload of money to "prove it" and he has an opportunity to prove it as a starter and make himself appealing to other teams. An opportunity I don't think he gets with anyone else, ever. He might get a backup job on other teams, or be with a dumpster fire of an organization, but he wasn't ever going to get a shot with an OK team to be a starter, especially at this pay grade.

Again that is all good and well but why bring him back? Then not support him fully by drafting Zeke to help give the offense the punch it needs. Or by selecting the best Tackle available. OR selecting a playmaker on D?

You can't do both if by drafting a QB you are also removing resources which could help Sam and the team succeed now.

6eNG.gif

I'm Brody cheated?

effzee

They still lied.

And Les Bowen makes the point that someone is probably telling Condon they have interest in Bradford. If Sam skips OTAs and some of training camp, Daniel will be the starter. So why not start Daniel anyway, and trade Bradford for a pick?

Eagles' GAF should appreciate that this is win-win. The Eagles should get whatever they can for any vets on the roster since they have no chance of winning more than 6 games for the next two years

Yeah except now if you cut Peters, for example, you can't draft his replacement cause you don't have the pick.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This Tom Brady-Patriots-Roger Goddell saga is getting tiresome and boring.

We have a US Federal Court of Appeals ruling on fucking deflated footballs.

104971-Harrison-Ford-who-gives-a-shit-LWhF.gif

Why doesn't anyone bring up the fact Andrew Luck threw for 12/33, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 126 yards at a 3.8 yard per completion and the Colts only scored 7 points?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400749520

tom-brady4.jpg

The Bill Bellichick/Tom Brady has produced 4 Super Bowls in the last 15 years or so. They've probably been the most successful and consistent coaching+QB combo ever.

Some deflated footballs aren't taking those rings away.

Though, admittedly, my tune would probably be different if it were the Packers or Bears.

gutshot

1. Sam we want to build around you as our QB of the future, but before we commit long term, we want you to prove it

2. Sorry Sam, we lied to you about the QB of the future thing and we also gutted any chance you had to prove it b/c we have no picks and no cap and a roster full of holes that will soon be filled with UDFA

All y'all keep stroking your boy, Howie Roseman. I'll stroke Sam <3

I think both parties screwed up here. Howie by not anticipating a move up for a franchise QB. And Bradford by demanding a trade when he has no leverage whatsoever. Like, literally none. The Eagles could just hold firm and recoup most/all of the money they owe Bradford if he continues to hold out. Daniel will start and it will be like they never signed Sam!

You can't do both if by drafting a QB you are also removing resources which could help Sam and the team succeed now.
What's your definition of success? What's the ceiling for a Bradford led Eagles squad with the resources in place to put what passes for a supposed team around him. Genuinely curious on this answer from a non-delusional Pepiope type.

(I should add that you should come at this from a perspective that I fundamentally agree that it doesn't make much sense to have signed him given what's transpired and I've said as much already)

squicken

I think both parties screwed up here. Howie by not anticipating a move up for a franchise QB. And Bradford by demanding a trade when he has no leverage whatsoever. Like, literally none. The Eagles could just hold firm and recoup most/all of the money they owe Bradford if he continues to hold out. Daniel will start and it will be like they never signed Sam!

But he does have leverage. If he holds out into camp, he loses $30k/day. But that would also insure that Daniel starts. So what was the point of Howie signing Bradford when Daniel ended up the starter anyway? $18m is a lot for a backup

Doing this now gives other teams the option to start calling the Eagles before the draft, and for Howie to start weighing his options. You should be in favor of this. You don't like Bradford and obviously your team needs picks

Hindl

What's your definition of success? What's the ceiling for a Bradford led Eagles squad with the resources in place to put what passes for a supposed team around him. Genuinely curious on this answer from a non-delusional Pepiope type.

(I should add that you should come at this from a perspective that I fundamentally agree that it doesn't make much sense to have signed him given what's transpired and I've said as much already)

Being as realistic as possible, if this team was filled out with depth, and some things went our way, 10-6 with a wild card win, and knocked out in the divisional round. The team around Bradford has some talent but not enough to carry him, and likewise he isn't good enough to elevate the players around him.

gutshot

But he does have leverage. If he holds out into camp, he loses $30k/day. But that would also insure that Daniel starts. So what was the point of Howie signing Bradford when Daniel ended up the starter anyway? $18m is a lot for a backup

Doing this now gives other teams the option to start calling the Eagles before the draft, and for Howie to start weighing his options. You should be in favor of this. You don't like Bradford and obviously your team needs picks

I mean, I'm not against it. I never wanted Bradford in the first place and made no secret of that fact. But still, I would have rathered they just not resign him and put those full resources elsewhere. Now, some of that money will be a sunk cost and whatever draft pick they get in return for Sam will likely not be enough to cover that.

Hindl

I mean, I'm not against it. I never wanted Bradford in the first place and made no secret of that fact. But still, I would have rathered they just not resign him and put those full resources elsewhere. Now, some of that money will be a sunk cost and whatever draft pick they get in return for Sam will likely not be enough to cover that.

Pretty much my stance too. I did want Bradford initially, but now after everything has shaken out it was a mistake to resign him and there's basically no good way out

squicken

New England should bring in Hoyer and Mallett and Tebow to battle with Jimmy for the starting spot

It's actually going to be interesting to see how BB allocates camp snaps when he has to prepare Jimmy, while not undermining Brady as the leader of the team

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
New England should bring in Hoyer and Mallett and Tebow to battle with Jimmy for the starting spot

It's actually going to be interesting to see how BB allocates camp snaps when he has to prepare Jimmy, while not undermining Brady as the leader of the team

How is that really an issue? Everybody knows what's up, nothing about this will undermine Brady his status as a leader.

#BradysLifeMatters #NoJusticeNoPeace

Duxxy3

Adam Schefter &#8207;@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Tom Brady not ready to accept court ruling today - far from it, per sources. Mulling options with legal team. But this is not yet over.

Supreme time?

I wish I could tell you that T*m Br*dy fought the good fight, and the commish let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but the NFL is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - NFL life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, T*m Br*dy would show up with fresh bruises. The commish kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for T*m Br*dy - that was his routine. I do believe those first two games missed were the worst for him, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.

Adam Schefter &#8207;@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Tom Brady not ready to accept court ruling today - far from it, per sources. Mulling options with legal team. But this is not yet over.

Supreme time?

Would love to see the court just toss it out, don't even give him a chance.

&#8206;@AllbrightNFL
Oof: Texted to me from NFL source:

"Oh Sam Bradford isn't showing up? At least that's consistent with the rest of his NFL career."

Top Bottom