• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT3| - With the 29th pick of the 2016 NFL draft...

FMT is a dad! How best to celebrate?

Results are only viewable after voting.

nillah

Banned
Lazy work by goodel, how is it you have a dana white who consistently sets up good cards and you got a billion dollar league with this shithead. deflate gate, really?
between this and how the league treats their players post retirement, the league gets little to no respect from me. good job nfl cya in week 5 brady

Bread

Banned
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Tom Brady not ready to accept court ruling today - far from it, per sources. Mulling options with legal team. But this is not yet over.

Supreme time?
keep pushing it until trump is in the white house, then he will get pardoned!

squicken

grigson-brinson.jpg

Justica

Mindlog

Pats are the worst. Not only are they clearly the worst they almost make Goodell look like a sympathetic character. The one time he can't cover up their blatant fuckery the Pats burn him at the stake.

The worst.

"EDP: Get the fuck out then."
:jnc
Expected.

La Canfora going in dry on Bradford:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-sam-bradford-eagles-qb-needs-to-quit-whining

Let's get a few things straight: If there was anything approximating a market for Bradford it was Condon's job to find it prior to the start of free agency. Newsflash -- no one was clamoring for him then, outside of Philadelphia, and no one is now.

If Denver or the Jets or Sam's buddy Chip Kelly out in San Francisco or whomever else (um, the Rams?) wanted Bradford, then Condon could have cashed in the huge money being thrown at marginal quarterbacks back in March. It was his job to gauge the market, and he and Bradford knew exactly what type of contract they were signing and what bargain they were making.

And they did indeed cash in. Back in Philadelphia. Where he would still be the starter, same as it always was. And, having just given Bradford an $11 million signing bonus, the Eagles would have to be even bigger fools trying to trade Bradford now than they were for signing him in the first place. Good luck dealing him even if they wanted to, because who is taking on Bradford now, especially now that he's wearing the malcontent crown?

Roseman already pulled off miracles in getting anything for Byron Maxwell and DeMarco Murray and their horrible contracts. Bradford's boondoggle of a deal makes those two look like relative bargains.

The Jets don't want him. And, being owed at least $11M million over the next two years, I'd be surprised if Denver wanted him. And who would give up anything of value for him? Especially at a time when droves of young, cheap quarterbacks are about to be selected in the draft in a few days.

“To give Bradford a 33 percent raise over his $13.5 million salary in 2015 (the final year of his bonus-baby rookie contract from the old CBA) in a year in which the team fell well below expectations and in which he ranked 26th in rating, 25th in yards per attempt and threw 19 touchdowns to 14 interceptions and tied for the fourth-most turnovers in the NFL is somewhat staggering to me. And many would argue this was Bradford's best NFL season.

More at the link.

Fox318

Somebody should tell Bradford that nobody even wants him to exist.

Id take a shot at JFF over Bradford at this point.

Shit I'd give Josh Freeman a shot.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So I guess Maisie crashed with a bunch of UCLAers for GoT premiere?

http://imgur.com/gallery/qwc3E

Her eyebrows are getting ridonkulous.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Tom Brady not ready to accept court ruling today - far from it, per sources. Mulling options with legal team. But this is not yet over.

Supreme time?

Politically it's 4-4 in terms of labor so it wouldn't go anywhere even if they did review it, which wouldn't be a guarantee.

‎@AllbrightNFL
Oof: Texted to me from NFL source:

"Oh Sam Bradford isn't showing up? At least that's consistent with the rest of his NFL career."

Yo damn

JABEE

No one is trading up in the draft to show someone up.

Roseman and Pederson are betting their careers on Wentz/Goff.

It's silly to think they care that Tennessee would not give up Mariota last season.

Chip doesn't care. No one cares.

mr2xxx

Banned
You guys think Ragland is only a two down LB or a every down LB? He was getting pulled by Bama in passing downs, which isn't a good thing but it seems a lot of these Internet scouts are divided on it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I've stopped watching First Take after the Super Bowl. Yeah I don't want this at all. I'm pretty much done with Stephen A. Dude is a certified busta

It's a good cop/bad cop sports radio show where both Skip and Steven A. say outrageous things for ratings.

And they get ratings unfortunately.

MechDX

Wat.

What does that mean for Michaels/Collinsworth?

Michaels successor in a couple years?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/25/mike-tirico-leaving-espn-nbc/

The departure of Tirico, voice of ESPN’s Monday Night Football since 2006, was first reported by Street & Smith’s SportsBusiness Daily.

Tirico’s role with NBC Sports was not immediately clear. NBC “Sunday Night Football” play-by-play legend Al Michaels is under contract though 2017.

Street & Smith’s reported veteran sportscaster Sean McDonough is a leading contender to take Tirico’s slot on “MNF.”

Also doesnt NBC have half the TNF games this year? Maybe a secondary broadcast team for those games?

mr2xxx

Banned
You answered your own question at the end there. Pure run stopper. He doesn't have the athleticism to cover a tight end in today's NFL. 15 years ago, he'd have been in the top 10. Today? He's a two down LB at best.

Here's a great video I posted awhile back that compares him to Jaylon Smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbR9nIjlVHg

It's what I figured but we need a LB and hoping he might be a fit since this year's draft seems lacking with LB talent. Guess Scot will have to find a diamond in the rough or well roll with Compton/Foster.

You guys think Ragland is only a two down LB or a every down LB? He was getting pulled by Bama in passing downs, which isn't a good thing but it seems a lot of these Internet scouts are divided on it.

I think he can play all 3 downs if needed. So many teams are in nickle half the time now tho, I don't think it really matters.

CgrMmeuWIAETQhP.jpg

CgrMmenWMAAqz72.jpg

CgrMmezWMAATvkm.jpg

CgrMmetWwAAW36H.jpg

Unfortunately yes.
I think this is Kave's fault. Damn it Kave.

Well that raises so many questions and answers so few.

Birdman gonna be taking Ls to the grave
Why was he mad at them? I feel like I'm missing so many things.

‎@AllbrightNFL
Oof: Texted to me from NFL source:

"Oh Sam Bradford isn't showing up? At least that's consistent with the rest of his NFL career."
Dead

MRSA

Banned

There really aren't any thumper linebackers anymore

Why was he mad at them? I feel like I'm missing so many things.

Former members of his label appeared on earlier installments, each saying he was either late to pay for their work, didn't pay at all, or didn't pay enough. The hosts didn't accuse him of lying because if enough people say it happened, it probably happened, and by this point the accusations were just a few of many.

He went on originally to basically refute the claims, but apparently became angrier on the way there (it was a long trip so it wasn't like he didn't have time to think about it), which resulted in him arriving and doing the 90 second rant that will outlive him

JABEE

I don't understand how this benefits Bradford unless Condon knows there are teams out there. Any potential trade partner would get Bradford for $7 million.

I don't know how any team could convince the Eagles to eat the $11 million though. I think they would need a 1st or a 2nd.

Bradford is going to play in June, but Condon isn't stupid.

In Stafford's defense he slid past the 4th down marker as he saw it.

How is he supposed to see the red 4th down marker we see on our TVs?

He's good but not that good.

Yes but he should know the rule that it's where the QB starts his slide that gets marked, not where he ends it or gets touched.

As much as all these mock having the Raiders drafting this mofo, i just wanna know if he can cover TE's ....

Top Bottom